Police will attempt to question Lynch and at least 3

Lori,

We dont know that nobody is talking to the cops......Lynches lawyer may well be in conversations with them that we dont know about.

The Police PR machine is in high effect......to me it is a tactic to get Lynch to come out and say something he otherwise should not have.

He probably pays quite a bit for his lawyers advice....he should follow it.

If you believe the BPD, then yes we do, as far as the first few days are concerned. They're on record as saying it took until last Friday for Lynch's lawyer to meet with them. Not him, just his lawyer. As I said earlier, that meeting should have happened as soon as he got back into town and had a chance to catch up on the situation. An entire week, while both print and broadcast media follow every move (and non-move)? Come on.

And yeah, I'm aware of what the police PR dept. is doing. Lynch's lawyer has his job, they have theirs.

Just my opinion, as always.

Yet something tells me his image will be just fine, his reputation completely rehabilitated, if he rushes for 2000+ yards and the Bills win the Superbowl. :devil:

Hey, it worked for Ray Lewis -- and people wound up DEAD in that deal -- so I certainly won't disagree ...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you believe the BPD, then yes we do, as far as the first few days are concerned. They're on record as saying it took until last Friday for Lynch's lawyer to meet with them. Not him, just his lawyer. As I said earlier, that meeting should have happened as soon as he got back into town and had a chance to catch up on the situation. An entire week, while both print and broadcast media follow every move (and non-move)? Come on.

And yeah, I'm aware of what the police PR dept. is doing. Lynch's lawyer has his job, they have theirs.

Just my opinion, as always.

Hey, it worked for Ray Lewis -- and people wound up DEAD in that deal -- so I certainly won't disagree ...

The thing is, this is really only a big deal in and around buffalo. I've caught tidbits here and there on the various big sports networks, but thats been it. No one outside of Buffalo si talking about ti anymore. Sure, if Lynch turns out to be the driver, the story will pick up again, but Lynch's silence is only a big deal to buffalo and the BPD. No one else cares, and i doubt this is keeping Goodell up at night.

The thing is, this is really only a big deal in and around buffalo. I've caught tidbits here and there on the various big sports networks, but thats been it. No one outside of Buffalo si talking about ti anymore. Sure, if Lynch turns out to be the driver, the story will pick up again, but Lynch's silence is only a big deal to buffalo and the BPD. No one else cares, and i doubt this is keeping Goodell up at night.

Oh really? So Ralph and Russ Brandon getting dragged ino court won't get Goodell's attention?

Oh really? So Ralph and Russ Brandon getting dragged ino court won't get Goodell's attention?

It hasn't gotten anyone else's attention so far...can't find a word of this on the internet anywhere besides the Buffalo sites. And there has hardly been any coverage of this leading up to now. Assuming that giving Ralph and Brandon a subpoena was nothing more than a scare tactic I'm not sure why Goodell would be so upset since they likely have done nothing wrong. We know how efficient Goodell is at looking at these thigns, he is obviously not going to say "Oh, Ralph and Brandon got subpoenas, they're bad people." This isn't as big a deal natonally as people here are making it out to be. Get a grip. It's just like any of the dozens of other arrests made on nfl playesr throughout the offseason.

It hasn't gotten anyone else's attention so far...can't find a word of this on the internet anywhere besides the Buffalo sites.

I would say that it is a pretty good bet that the news of Ralph getting dragged before a grand jury will make it to most sports websites by mid-day tomorrow(if not sooner).

It hasn't gotten anyone else's attention so far...can't find a word of this on the internet anywhere besides the Buffalo sites. And there has hardly been any coverage of this leading up to now. Assuming that giving Ralph and Brandon a subpoena was nothing more than a scare tactic I'm not sure why Goodell would be so upset since they likely have done nothing wrong. We know how efficient Goodell is at looking at these thigns, he is obviously not going to say "Oh, Ralph and Brandon got subpoenas, they're bad people." This isn't as big a deal natonally as people here are making it out to be. Get a grip. It's just like any of the dozens of other arrests made on nfl playesr throughout the offseason.

Wait until tomorrow, and by the way, this is exactly the kind of thing the commissioner is trying to eliminate. The NFL conduct policy has been violated, a price will be paid.

I would say that it is a pretty good bet that he news of Ralph getting dragged before a grand jury will make it to most sports websites by mid-day tomorrow(if not sooner).

Yes, but not to be confused with "Ralph did something bad." Because he likely didn't. Even if certain members of the administration knew what actually happened (doubtful with how the lawyer has played it so far) Wilson would likely not have been kept in the loop himself. I think any rational person will see Ralph getting subpoenad and automatically assume that the DA is overreacting or grandstanding.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=422788

The first, but certainly not the last.

And how depressing is that headline roundup?

# • Bills sign draft pick, waive Johnson, Drone

# • Four subpoenaed in Lynch SUV investigation

# • Ex-Bills lineman Mitch Frerotte dies at 43

# • Former Raiders coach John Rauch dies

# • Bills to fine LT Peters for missing practice

# • Lynch's attorney meets D.A.; nothing resolved

# • Distractions beginning to derail Bills' focus

# • D.A.: Bills' Lynch in vehicle at time of accident

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=422788

The first, but certainly not the last.

And how depressing is that headline roundup?

Wow. After reading the comments at the bottom of that article, maybe some of you guys aren't that bad after all.

Banned for a year??? Spending several years in the slammer??? What planet are these people on???

The scroll on the bottom of ESPN is saying this was a fatal hit and run. Is this new info or a mistake?

I thought the national media was going to start taking this thing seriously? See that's what happens and make such a big deal out of something. ESPN says "Obviously the DA and the fans are making such a big deal, it had to be a fatal hit and run right?"

I thought the national media was going to start taking this thing seriously? See that's what happens and make such a big deal out of something. ESPN says "Obviously the DA and the fans are making such a big deal, it had to be a fatal hit and run right?"

Exactly. You hit the nail on the head. :devil:

Yes, but not to be confused with "Ralph did something bad." Because he likely didn't. Even if certain members of the administration knew what actually happened (doubtful with how the lawyer has played it so far) Wilson would likely not have been kept in the loop himself. I think any rational person will see Ralph getting subpoenad and automatically assume that the DA is overreacting or grandstanding.

"Uhh...ehmmm....Uhh....When we.....ehm..pffff....When we were younger......ehm......we....ehm...used to go.....to the Steuyvesant Hotel. Ughghghghum....and.....uhhh...and.......we would order those Southern Comfort Manhattans. So Marshawn.......eghm...Marshawn is ok in my book."

Better than sitting in jail... He will take a hit either way. Why would he incriminate himself? Let the cops build and case and then answer up.

What's wrong with that?

It is better to remain quiet and thought a fool than to open mouth and remove all doubt

I should take Twain's advice!

:devil:

He wouldn't be sitting in jail, it was misdemeanor at best. Now by causing the police to get a grand jury, people may be doing some time. Real smart advice by his lawyer.

Lori,

We dont know that nobody is talking to the cops......Lynches lawyer may well be in conversations with them that we dont know about.

The Police PR machine is in high effect......to me it is a tactic to get Lynch to come out and say something he otherwise should not have.

He probably pays quite a bit for his lawyers advice....he should follow it.

Not all lawyer advice is good advice. ML is getting bad advice. I hope they make leaving the scene of an accident where a person has been injured a felony with a mandatory 10 years in prison.

Not all lawyer advice is good advice. ML is getting bad advice. I hope they make leaving the scene of an accident where a person has been injured a felony with a mandatory 10 years in prison.

If you're smarter than Marshawn's lawyer do you think you can help me make some $$$$$$$$$?