Obama = Windfall profit tax

I have always considered myself a "New Dealer" type... And yes, those ideas have worked. Unless, you believe we as a nation would be better served right now pushing the clock back to 1929... Be my guest...

How's the NRA and TVA working out, hrm?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see, increasing the supply of oil won't bring down the cost of gas much, but refining more gasoline will? Wow, interesting economic theory. You should teach this stuff, you're that good!

Never claimed to be an expert- we are not hurting for oil- we have a lot of that. The refineries just are working at 81% capacity, and keeping prices up.

And another thing. The dummycrats are saying McCain is flip flopping on the drilling issue from 2000. Well Meatheads oil was $20 a barrel back then. Its now $140. I think I'd change my mind too retards. :devil:

Yes, I find this HILARIOUS! Positions should change when the facts change...

And another thing. The dummycrats are saying McCain is flip flopping on the drilling issue from 2000. Well Meatheads oil was $20 a barrel back then. Its now $140. I think I'd change my mind too retards. :devil:

I can't disagree that it is funny that people say that when things change over the years. We definitely need to dig, but not everywhere, like what Bush said today.

I can't disagree that it is funny that people say that when things change over the years. We definitely need to dig, but not everywhere, like what Bush said today.

Why the hell not? Dig for it...get more supply into the market from ANWR, offshore, hell anywhere we can find it. More supply (which has not changed in 2005) will bring the price down.

Why the hell not? Dig for it...get more supply into the market from ANWR, offshore, hell anywhere we can find it. More supply (which has not changed in 2005) will bring the price down.

I am all for doing what it takes to bring the price down- we have more than enough in any of the mentioned locations to bring prices down. If we are investing so heavily in alternatives as he claims, we won't need to tap into every area. Just starting to drill should force OPEC to increase their supply and lower costs. We should also tap into the reserves to accelerate the lowered costs. I would prefer to start with the offshore locations, as the product would be easier and less expensive to ship than from Alaska. Now if he is talking out of both sides of his moth on the alternative fuels (which would be shocking for him) then dig in multiple locations if needed.

If they can bring it down to say 2 bucks a gallon, I say drill to their hearts content... But, if it forever stays at +3 then what's the point?

Really... John Kerry was right when he was running... He basically said that gas should be 3 to 4 bucks a gallon... That surely will never get anyone elected when the price was at 2 bucks or so.

Corrected with inflation, ya it is higher now... With inflation, is it really that much more than in 1981 (when the legislation went into place about limited drilling)?

Why not "everywhere"? What the hell other country would refuse to harness its own natural resources so that it can continue to import oil from somewhere else??

Why not "everywhere"? What the hell other country would refuse to harness its own natural resources so that it can continue to import oil from somewhere else??

I thought I was clear enough that I think we should drill and supply our own oil....guess I was wrong