So if I bought a pair of season tickets today...

No, the game is sold out. I think the only chance to buy more is when they release the unsold seats reserved for season tix.

And that's a hell of a gamble, since the first true home game (Detroit) is so close to the opener.

And that's a hell of a gamble, since the first true home game (Detroit) is so close to the opener.

man, all of these sold out games...if this keeps up, i might actually be able to sell my preseason game against detroit instead of having to give it away.

No, the game is sold out. I think the only chance to buy more is when they release the unsold seats reserved for season tix.
It may change this year but in past years the released seats are available to all takers. And even in years that there were plenty of tickets the release was never officially announced (but was usually leaked on the board shortly thereafter) and the choice seats were gone within a day.

It may change this year but in past years the released seats are available to all takers. And even in years that there were plenty of tickets the release was never officially announced (but was usually leaked on the board shortly thereafter) and the choice seats were gone within a day.

With the Detroit game on a Thursday night, any leftovers should become available the next morning.

With the Detroit game on a Thursday night, any leftovers should become available the next morning.

The thing that sucks the most, is the 7 tix I need for my family plus tax plus shipping will cost well over $100 more than originally planned. That does NOT count $42 more for the TBD Tailgate perks. IF I come to the opener I will park at Hammer's and be a 'visitor' at TBD. :D

So the tickets reserved for season tix are usually released the day after the last preseason game? How many tickets are we talking about that are reserved - and in all sections? I'm looking to get 5 tix to the Raiders game but I think our usual ST connection that gets a game for us each year flaked this year.

So the tickets reserved for season tix are usually released the day after the last preseason game? How many tickets are we talking about that are reserved - and in all sections? I'm looking to get 5 tix to the Raiders game but I think our usual ST connection that gets a game for us each year flaked this year.

The day after the first home preseason game. This year, that's Detroit. Start with the 8,000 they told Jack they were holding, then subtract any seasons sold between now and the end of August. Random locations. I don't think they have an official waiting list, but a few years back, I scored two tickets to the Miami game by asking them to notify me if/when anything opened up. (Remember, though, that was with a season-ticket account ... and at a time when there were 15,000 fewer of us than there are now.)

Five together, for one of just three home games before the end of October? Good luck with that, and I'm not trying to be sarcastic.

The day after the first home preseason game. This year, that's Detroit. Start with the 8,000 they told Jack they were holding, then subtract any seasons sold between now and the end of August. Random locations. I don't think they have an official waiting list, but a few years back, I scored two tickets to the Miami game by asking them to notify me if/when anything opened up. (Remember, though, that was with a season-ticket account ... and at a time when there were 15,000 fewer of us than there are now.)

Five together, for one of just three home games before the end of October? Good luck with that, and I'm not trying to be sarcastic.

If, by the end of July, that 8000 number hasn't moved much, and my ten-cent opinion thinks that it won't, I believe they'll leak some tickets. Like in past years, it won't be announced, but tickets will magically "appear" on Ticketmaster...then after the Detroit game, as you said, the floodgates will open.

If you get season tickets and work with the same season ticket rep in that respective department....he/she should be able to get you some extra tickets that will be released once they stop holding back seats for season ticket purchases. Your rep can grab you some before they are released for sale to the public. And believe me, they know when that is happening.

No offense to Jack, and I'm not even sure the guy still works there, but the Chris Schiller moron that you were referring people to from Rochester was the worst season ticket rep I've ever dealt with. And he used to lie to me all the time. I worked in season tickets for the Atlanta Braves for 3 years, and this guy was a buffoon.

I switched to a new guy I now work with, and I've usually gotten extra tix to almost any game I've wanted, even late in the season. Tickets are always released at certain points, even during the season to soldout games! Get seasons, stay in touch with your rep, and he'll take care of you. Chances are, you'll get extras to the opener.

However, with tix going this well.......I betcha that season ticket holder list will be growing by a large margin yet this year.

man, all of these sold out games...if this keeps up, i might actually be able to sell my preseason game against detroit instead of having to give it away.

I just figured out after reading your post ... If I add up all the pre-season games for which I gave away the seats, it adds up to five regular SEASONS' worth of home games ... wow. The good news is that it's always nice to let your friends with kids take them to a Bills game on a nice day without getting socked for forty-sixty bucks a ticket. To the kids, a Bills game at the Ralph is a Bills game at the Ralph.

I just figured out after reading your post ... If I add up all the pre-season games for which I gave away the seats, it adds up to five regular SEASONS' worth of home games ... wow. The good news is that it's always nice to let your friends with kids take them to a Bills game on a nice day without getting socked for forty-sixty bucks a ticket. To the kids, a Bills game at the Ralph is a Bills game at the Ralph.

Yep, it's almost a given that if you can't go to those games, you pretty much are going to give them away. When my parents had season tix, it was the same way.

When do they start actually mailing out the tickets?

When do they start actually mailing out the tickets?

You know, it's kind of funny. I travel a lot - both for my job and in my personal life. So it's always important to me to find out every year when the mailing is, is it USPS or UPS or FedEx, is it "signature only" or "drop" ... Goes back to the time they left them on my front porch when I was away and they sat on my porch for a week in the rain. Anyhow, it has evolved into a little "game" ... You ask several people at OBD - by phone - each year and note the answers. Some years, there are no two employees at OBD giving the same answers. I think my favorite was two years ago when I was told they were being sent in late June/early July/late July ... by United States Postal Service Priority Mail/ regular mail / UPS / Fed Ex ... and that they would absolutely require a signature/l be left only if someone was there / dropped whether I was there or not, no signature required. This year I didn't even bother asking.

In a conversation with the ticket office on an unrelated matter, the guy did mention this year that they were going out in early July. So figure late June or late July ...

No offense to Jack, and I'm not even sure the guy still works there, but the Chris Schiller moron that you were referring people to from Rochester was the worst season ticket rep I've ever dealt with.

I'm offended. 0:)

Just kidding, I'm not sure if he's still with the Bills in any capacity. I know they switched me to a different rep about 5 seasons ago, and even he's been changed to a different department. So now when I call, I'm just "another season ticket holder", no longer am I Jack Wheeler, Blue Coat.

I'm offended. 0:)

Just kidding, I'm not sure if he's still with the Bills in any capacity. I know they switched me to a different rep about 5 seasons ago, and even he's been changed to a different department. So now when I call, I'm just "another season ticket holder", no longer am I Jack Wheeler, Blue Coat.

Just Jack?