IMO, at this point if Lynch is guilty, he's gotta go

Dog, it was 3:30 in the morning in a bar district, and the damn car hit the poor woman in the hip, who by all accounts collapsed in the street for around 30 minutes. The car didn't stop, however; it sped away. That, by any reasonable definition, is "leaving a person for dead," regardless of whether the injury was particularly significant or not. It's really, really crappy, and yes, I'd bet a large sum of money that he was the driver. But I'm sure there's some excuse on offer that'll placate the fans ...

There are no reliable reports whatsoever yet. The ones I have read said after 15 minutes she got up and walked to the ambulance. There were also reports that the car slowed down. lthough again, I don't think there has been anyone that we have seen even one quote from.

We don't know at all whether the car was going 5 mph or 10 or 15 or 20 or 25 or 30 or 40 or 50.

We don't know if he was passed out or drunk or sober or driving.

Maybe the fact they knew she wasnt hit hard was the REASON they left. Who knows right now.

I think hit and run is awful under any circumstances. I am not excusing it in any way. I think he should go to jail for some time if he was driving, regardless of how hard she was hit, for leaving her.

I do object, however, for comments like "leaving her for dead" without us knowing anything. She could have almost immediately gotten up for all we know. Getting hit by a car, if she was left for dead, seems like it would get her more than a bruised hip. Not to mention the fact that we don't know if it was a disgusting bruise all over or the size of a dime. Just wait until some real info comes out before you crucify someone. He could have been screaming go back go back go back for all we know, and his friend or teammate driving panicked. The chances of that are not huge. But from the way the cops are acting, I don't even think they know if he was driving. I wouldnt be surprised at all if they have no witnesses and don't know if he was driving, and are saying that to scare him into admitting it (which may if he did it and wouldn't if he didnt).

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then you are just the bestest boy on the block. Give this man a cookie. This could have been posted in one of the other million threads about this. But no, you decided to start your own self-important thread extolling the virtues of your own character. Give me a break. :D You're all entitled to your opinion. But there is a HUGE difference between posting constructive comments and grandstanding to show everyone how virtuous you are, making the whole thing about you.

Good god you need to grow up posting bullshi# like this, do you even read what you write, my guess is your a little whiney punk who spends way too much time on the computer.

There are no reliable reports whatsoever yet. The ones I have read said after 15 minutes she got up and walked to the ambulance. There were also reports that the car slowed down. lthough again, I don't think there has been anyone that we have seen even one quote from.

We don't know at all whether the car was going 5 mph or 10 or 15 or 20 or 25 or 30 or 40 or 50.

Maybe the fact they knew she wasnt hit hard was the REASON they left. Who knows right now.

I think hit and run is awful under any circumstances. I am not excusing it in any way. I think he should go to jail for some time if he was driving, regardless of how hard she was hit, for leaving her.

I do object, however, for comments like "leaving her for dead" without us knowing anything. She could have almost immediately gotten up for all we know. Getting hit by a car, if she was left for dead, seems like it would get her more than a bruised hip. Not to mention the fact that we don't know if it was a disgusting bruise all over or the size of a dime. Just wait a friggin week before you crucify someone. He could have been screaming go back go back go back for all we know, and his friend or teammate driving panicked. The chances of that are not huge. But from the way the cops are acting, I don't even think they know if he was driving. I wouldnt be surprised at all if they have no witnesses and don't know if he was driving, and are saying that to scare him into admitting it (which may if he did it and wouldn't if he didnt).

It doesnt matter what happened a man steps up to the plate and tells his story. Only one thing could take any man this much time, he's trying to get his lie together. I say cut the punk only from the point that he has been a coward and not come out and explained what happened. My Lynch jersey has just gone in the trash. Bring on Freddie Jackson and send Lynch to the cowboys.

It doesnt matter what happened a man steps up to the plate and tells his story. Only one thing could take any man this much time, he's trying to get his lie together. I say cut the punk only from the point that he has been a coward and not come out and explained what happened. My Lynch jersey has just gone in the trash. Bring on Freddie Jackson and send Lynch to the cowboys.

Tell me this. You and your brother or best friend or teammate are out drinking. You don't want to drive or were never going to drive. He says he's fine, he'll drive, does and hits someone and takes off. Then later he tells you how sorry he is, he totally !@#$ed up, but he's terrified he's going to jail. You both know the girl is okay which doesn't excuse it but may have a huge influence on what you do. Your brother or best friend or teammate immediately calls a lawyer who says, "whatever you do, don't talk to the cops or anyone else, it's the worst thing you could do." Then your brother or best friend or teammate says to you, "Please, lets let the guys that know what they're doing handle this. I'm scared. I know I !@#$ed up but please don't make this worse than it is"

So you hold a press conference and turn him in?

I do object, however, for comments like "leaving her for dead" without us knowing anything. She could have almost immediately gotten up for all we know. Getting hit by a car, if she was left for dead, seems like it would get her more than a bruised hip. Not to mention the fact that we don't know if it was a disgusting bruise all over or the size of a dime. Just wait until some real info comes out before you crucify someone. He could have been screaming go back go back go back for all we know, and his friend or teammate driving panicked. The chances of that are not huge. But from the way the cops are acting, I don't even think they know if he was driving. I wouldnt be surprised at all if they have no witnesses and don't know if he was driving, and are saying that to scare him into admitting it (which may if he did it and wouldn't if he didnt).

There's too much explaining here. It's actually pretty simple. If you hit someone with an SUV, particularly at 3:30 in the morning, and that person doesn't get up yet you drive away, you are leaving a person for dead in the technical sense -- as in the person may or may not be dead, but it's not your problem because you've hightailed it out of there.

Excellent post.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.

There's too much explaining here. It's actually pretty simple. If you hit someone with an SUV, particularly at 3:30 in the morning, and that person doesn't get up yet you drive away, you are leaving a person for dead in the technical sense -- as in the person may or may not be dead, but it's not your problem because you've hightailed it out of there.

Put it this way: Are you going to feel anything different about him whatsoever a week or two from now if it happened anything like you described?

No. And if that happened, I would feel as bad about him as you do now.

Now turn it around. Are you going to feel a little different about him if you find out in a week or two he wasn't driving at all, wanted to take a cab but his buddy or teammate insisted he could drive (which happens every single night in cars on Chippewa), the girl wasn't walking across the street until after they started the turn, or they just grazed her going 5 mph and they knew she was fine, or Lynch wanted to turn them in but his teammate pleaded with him not to and their lawyer told them it's the worst thing they could do?

You may still feel he did wrong by not making his friend stop, and I would totally agree with you. But it's a helluva lot different than your scenario now of Lynch driving for sure, bulldozing someone and leaving her for dead because he was drunk and driving.

Good Lord. :D

Isn't anyone willing to just wait for more information rather than immediately assume you know everything about the situation and jump to conclusions? Hell, some of you are claiming more factual knowledge of the incident than THE POLICE have.

You people are unreal. :P

Exercising your right to remain silent and having an attorney represent you does not constitute a legal refusal to cooperate. Any attorney worth their salt is going to advise their client not to say a thing and contact the authorities.

As in: "His attorney Mike Caffery tells News 4, "The police are doing what they have to do, and I'm doing my part to cooperate as much as I can, but also to protect my clients rights as I would do for any client. Marshawn Lynch isn't going anywhere, everyone knows where he is, they know where he is every day. They're taking some time to collect the evidence that's necessary to proceed. They wanna get it right."

That sounds about right.

[This is an automated response]

This subject matter is being currently being discussed or has already been discussed in a previous thread.

Please consider using the "search" function before starting new topics.

Thank you.

LOL! That's appropiate.

Question: If you were drunk and hit some chick, and drove off to avoid a DWI, and then it turned out that camera's caught you doing it..... would you admit it and straight up face the jail time?

I'm sure Marshawn is more worried about avoiding time in jail that he is of our opinion on his character. Doing what his lawyer says *IS* what he should be doing.

DWI laws are too easy- one DWI and your liscence should be gone- FOR GOOD

I think people deserve a 2nd chance in life and if Lynch dont have a previous record, I see no reason why he cant have a 2nd chance.......I mean if this is the way you feel about Lynch....what about Parrish and his DUI? He could have killed someone aswell.......

I think people deserve a 2nd chance in life and if Lynch dont have a previous record, I see no reason why he cant have a 2nd chance.......I mean if this is the way you feel about Lynch....what about Parrish and his DUI? He could have killed someone aswell.......

You are absolutely right, people do deserve a second chance but that doesn't lessen the current situation.

Yes, I for one would also like to see him rehabilitated and be given a chance to lead a productive life in mainstream society...just not in football, because there's no place in the game for a player who goes on a drunken automotive rampage in the downtown of a city late at night, leaving a trail of shattered lives behind him. God bless all the victims of this terrible tragedy...I can only hope that someday they put all this behind them.

You are absolutely right, people do deserve a second chance but that doesn't lessen the current situation.

You mean the current "we don't actually know what happened" situation? Or the current "We're all jumping to conclusions" situation?

You mean the current "we don't actually know what happened" situation? Or the current "We're all jumping to conclusions" situation?

I mean the current situation that involves Lynch's vehicle that hit a woman and took off and left her without checking on her welfare. That situation. Bottom line is even IF Lynch wasn't the driver or in the vehicle, he owns the vehicle and that makes him accountable to SOME degree.