Police Call 1 P.M. News Conference on Accident Involving Marshawn Lync

Do you have ANY idea what the mentality is of young men in this country raised in urban areas? Rule #1 -- the cops are not to be trusted. Rule #2 -- you don't give up your brothers. It's not hard to understand at all. It's sad that this is the state of things, but it's reality.

Where did you get this? From a TV show? Guys give up their "brothers" every single day.

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe we can make a few reasonable assumptions at this point:

1 -- Marshawn has told his lawyer whatever he knows

2 -- the victim has told the police whatever she knows (which probably isn't much)

3 -- a witness has told the police something

If we accept these assumptions as true (the first one being the most important), and seeing how more than three days have passed since the incident, I don't think it's a stretch to conclude Marshawn was not driving. Think about it. If Marshawn was driving, his lawyer is immediately talking to the police about the best and least public way of handling the situation. That scenario doesn't include a dog and pony show of a press conference during which the police say they need to "find" Marshawn to talk to him.

My prediction is we'll soon learn Marshawn was not even in the vehicle, or if he was he was asleep or otherwise unaware of what happened. The cops want to find out who was driving, and Marshawn doesn't want to give that person up.

It's just a hunch, admittedly, but one based somewhat in logic. We'll see. I'll be the first to own up if I'm wrong.

Nobody saw the driver at the scene; this is obvious. Now it will come down to wheter or not a person comes forward who wants to talk about having seen Lynch intox (or not intox) get into his vehicle.

The BPD cannot question Lynch because he is lawyered up. If they feel they have probable cause they will arrest him, but really might not if they think that they cannot win in court. The DA will have a great deal of input.

Lynch is from California. Unless he travels with a posse (I doubt this considering what we have seen from his cool mom), I wonder how many friends he has in WNY aside from fellow Bills players. Could one of them been driving?

My point is to not be surprised by anything, even a Bills player being guilty of something. :lol:

Nobody saw the driver at the scene; this is obvious. Now it will come down to wheter or not a person comes forward who wants to talk about having seen Lynch intox (or not intox) get into his vehicle.

The BPD cannot question Lynch because he is lawyered up. If they feel they have probable cause they will arrest him, but really might not if they think that they cannot win in court. The DA will have a great deal of input.

Lynch is from California. Unless he travels with a posse (I doubt this considering what we have seen from his cool mom), I wonder how many friends he has in WNY aside from fellow Bills players. Could one of them been driving?

My point is to not be surprised by anything, even a Bills player being guilty of something. :lol:

Lots of Bills have been guilty of things in the past; that's not the point. I simply think, based upon the time that has transpired, it's less and less likely Marshawn was driving.

No, I've conducted my own poll on the streets. :lol:

Watch any rap videos lately?

The bottom line is that if there was another driver, even if it is another Bills player, Lynch will give him up if it means not going to jail/losing millions in salary.

Everybody talks e-man. Mafia guys, rappers, street criminals.....everybody.

I think he was driving and now has passed the traceable alcohol through his system.

Secondly, if they retrieved the vehicle from the house, why didn't they retrieve him? If it was you or me or Joe Blow we'd be dragged in as soon as they identified the owner of the vehicle.

Unbelieveable

The bottom line is that if there was another driver, even if it is another Bills player, Lynch will give him up if it means not going to jail/losing millions in salary.

Sure they do. Eventually. Which is why this will probably be over by the end of the week.

I think he was driving and now has passed the traceable alcohol through his system.

Secondly, if they retrieved the vehicle from the house, why didn't they retrieve him? If it was you or me or Joe Blow we'd be dragged in as soon as they identified the owner of the vehicle.

Unbelieveable

How? He could have been hiding out anywhere.

IF he was driving, he could conceivably go all the way to trial and never testify. IF he was driving, he played this pretty well. As you said, any alcohol is long gone. He cannot even be questioned because he has a lawyer. He doesn't have to make any statements. The woman could even agree to a civil settlement and drop all charges.

It will be interesting to say the least how this turns out.

How? He could have been hiding out anywhere.

IF he was driving, he could conceivably go all the way to trial and never testify. IF he was driving, he played this pretty well. As you said, any alcohol is long gone. He cannot even be questioned because he has a lawyer. He doesn't have to make any statements. The woman could even agree to a civil settlement and drop all charges.

It will be interesting to say the least how this turns out.

Good summer fodder indeed.

He can certainly be dragged in and questioned. And he has the right to remain silent and to be represented by an attorney. He could have been required to take a court ordered blood test.

Looks like Barnet Fife handled this.

No criminal charges if they have no proof he was driving the car. In a civil case though, the absence of proof is not an affirmative defense, so he'd have to offer evidence as to who was driving to avoid liability. So, like another Bills running back, he would most likely skate on the criminal and pay a bit in a civil case if he presents no evidence.

Works for me as long that doesn't mean any suspension. ML can afford to pony up a couple hundred grand.

Good summer fodder indeed.

He can certainly be dragged in and questioned. And he has the right to remain silent and to be represented by an attorney. He could have been required to take a court ordered blood test.

Looks like Barnet Fife handled this.

But this is just not true. To "take a person in" against his or her will equals arresting said person. If the police know that he has a lawyer, they are not even allowed to question him.

Also, a court ordered blood test would be useless if he was hiding out. waiting for the alcohol to wear off.

Not Schultz. He knew NNNNNUTHing.

I simply think, based upon the time that has transpired, it's less and less likely Marshawn was driving.

Nice logic. So based on the "time" that expired between the OJ murders and the time he was apprehended, it is less likely that OJ did committed those murders?

You really take homerism to a new level :lol:

Bottom line, nobody knows.

Nice logic. So based on the "time" that expired between the OJ murders and the time he was apprehended, it is less likely that OJ did committed those murders?

You really take homerism to a new level :P

Homerism? What is your problem? I don't give a crap whether or not Marshawn was driving. If he was, it was stupid but it's still a misdemeanor and thankfully the woman was not seriously injured. He'll pay a fine, pay some cash to the victim, and perhaps be suspended a few games by the NFL. So what. Do the crime, do the time.

Nice analogy, by the way. There's a HUGE difference between the authorities wanting to "get things right" following a brutal double homicide, and a relatively minor auto accident.

Thanks for your input, though. :lol:

This is an interesting theory and if another Bill was driving we can all hope that it was Trent so that there will be no fingerprints.

Nice analogy, by the way. There's a HUGE difference between the authorities wanting to "get things right" following a brutal double homicide, and a relatively minor auto accident.

Thanks for your input, though. :lol:

Point is you can't really draw a conclusion on WHAT happened based on the time it's taking... the reason it's taking so much time is because Marshawn's camp has been slow to cooperate. Hopefully his lawyer knows what he's doing.

You really take homerism to a new level :lol:

C'mon, there's 5 pages of posters who know exactly what happened...

But this is just not true. To "take a person in" against his or her will equals arresting said person. If the police know that he has a lawyer, they are not even allowed to question him.

Also, a court ordered blood test would be useless if he was hiding out. waiting for the alcohol to wear off.

So, according to you, marshawn was driving drunk, hit the girl, ran home and hid from the cops so the alcohol could wear off. Glad to see you are waiting until we hear the details.

I hope that some cop never treats you the way you treat the Bills players.