Hit + Run w/ Lynch's Car

There could be all sorts of reasons, including: Wanting to wait to work with a lawyer you trust first, Being asked by the team to not talk about it yet for PR reasons, Knowing it was a friend driving the car, not wanting to tell white lies or anything else during the statement, Not wanting to complicate the investigation, Not wanting to bring the story back to the spotlight (its not all that big of a topic right now on the national news sites), waiting to work out some issues with insurance before releasing a statement, waiting to talk to the person who was driving the car first, etc.

Yes, it could be that he was involved, or it could be other factors that are preventing it.

What I think you're saying is that he has no obligation to speak and it's in his best interests to keep his yap shut.

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

on buffalobills.com:

buffalobills.com

The Buffalo Bills issued a comment Monday afternoon on the investigation currently being conducted by Buffalo Police into an alleged hit-and-run accident involving a car registered to running back Marshawn Lynch.

"At this point in time, we want to let the process play out before we make any comments relative to the situation as we don't know all the facts," said Bills Vice President of Communications Scott Berchtold. "The investigation is ongoing by the Buffalo Police Department and all comments relative to Marshawn are being handled by his attorney, Michael Caffrey. Anything beyond that is speculation and we will refrain from that."

Lynch's vehicle was allegedly involved in a hit-and-run accident early Saturday morning and allegedly struck a female pedestrian at West Chippewa Street and Delaware Avenue. The alleged victim has since been treated and released from Buffalo General Hospital.

Yes it is a fact that he owned the house, but at that time there was no proof that he had any knowledge/involvement in what was going on there, and at the time that the story first broke, it was only known that he owned the house and family lived there.

And I never said that both cases are the same thing, what I am saying, was that at the time when I said that isn't he innocent until proven Guilty, the response I received was no, because this isn't a court of law, yet in the case of a Buffalo Bill committing a crime, any sort of comment that did not imply that there was no way he could have committed a wrong doing was attacked and told that he is innocent until proven guilty and that we should not judge until we have seen all the facts.

Dude...you defend the P*trtiots, you defend Bellicheat*, you defend Michael Vick.

It's like I don't even know you.

Sure. If the team is requiring that he talks to his preferred lawyer before he talks to the media, then that stipulation could be preventing him from doing so.

So...the Bills - per contract I suppose - can require him to talk to whomever his preferred lawyer is, of the moment.

That's a pretty harsh requirement..."It's up to YOU, and we are going to enforce that contract clause to make sure YOU choose whatever lawyer YOU want!"

:thumbsup:

So...the Bills - per contract I suppose - can require him to talk to whomever his preferred lawyer is, of the moment.

That's a pretty harsh requirement..."It's up to YOU, and we are going to enforce that contract clause to make sure YOU choose whatever lawyer YOU want!"

:thumbsup:

Sure, why wouldn't they request that he speak to his lawyer first?

My guess is that ML (on advice of counsel) is going to wait to say anything for one of a couple of reasons:

First, IF he was driving, I presume that he will wait to say anything (if he says anything at all) until he and his lawyer have an idea what the video shows.

Second, even if he was not driving, he probably does not want to say anything that may implicate a family member, friend, or whoever was driving (presuming the car was not stolen). If he was not driving, we may hear ML deny that he was driving and refuse to comment further.

In any situation, he has to be very careful what he says to the police. If there is any chance that he would not tell the truth, it would be best that he not to say anything.

Be prepared to hear ML state that he is not going to comment on advice of counsel because there is an ongoing investigation.

At this point, who knows what actually happened. I presume that we will find out before too long.

I'd certainly suggest that he talk to his preferred lawyer, as thats who would be handling the case if it went further.

I believe it depends on the class of charges, if any, ultimately levied against ML. He could probably save a bundle on his attorney fees and go with a common lawyer if it's only a misdemeanor. But I'd definitely concur you probably want to go the preferred attorney route if it's a felony. I think there's a special test you have to pass to become a preferred attorney. :thumbsup:

That's my first thought Ray.

Why have a posse and not be able to blame things on one of them when the sh-- hits the fan.

He's got to have some hanger-on, leach, who can return him a favor for an agreed upon eventual payday.

Problem is, as with everything else if he did that, when the story came out (notice I didn't say "if"), he'll be in bigger trouble.

Get your lawyer, own up to it, settle out-of-court and hope a judge only gives him probation and community service. Maybe the league'll let him off as well.

By fleeing the scene, he gets a misdemeanor...DWI is worse.

My guess is he's not going to get a break unless he shows some remorse....if indeed he did it.

Problem is, as with everything else if he did that, when the story came out (notice I didn't say "if"), he'll be in bigger trouble.

Get your lawyer, own up to it, settle out-of-court and hope a judge only gives him probation and community service. Maybe the league'll let him off as well.

By fleeing the scene, he gets a misdemeanor...DWI is worse.

My guess is he's not going to get a break unless he shows some remorse....if indeed he did it.

This is an odd thing happening. Out-of-town lawyer, but not a word yet. No word from the vehicle owner. An impounded vehicle. One wonders if there is more to sniff about than a hit and run.

Inaction is the fuel of speculation, good or bad... :rolleyes: