Joey Porter is mad

Porter: Cheating Patriots got off easy

Posted: Saturday May 24, 2008 07:34AM ET

Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter, whose Steelers teams were stopped one game shy of two Super Bowl berths because of AFC Championship losses to New England, believes the league let the Patriots off easy for their role in the Spygate cheating scandal. "They cheated," Porter said Friday. "I feel like there should be an asterisk on it, just because [disgraced track star] Marion Jones, she gets caught, they take the gold medals back. Obviously, they got caught."

South Florida Sun-Sentinel

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good for Jerry Porter. He's simply calling a spade a spade, or in this case, a cheating team and the commish's office attempt tp sweep everything under the rug. If everyone wants this to go away, do the appropriate thing: ban belichick, admit the cheating was rampant and gave them a huge advantage, and strip them of their SB titles.

Dolphins linebacker Joey Porter, whose Steelers teams were stopped one game shy of two Super Bowl berths because of AFC Championship losses to New England, believes the league let the Patriots off easy for their role in the Spygate cheating scandal. "They cheated," Porter said Friday. "I feel like there should be an asterisk on it, just because [disgraced track star] Marion Jones, she gets caught, they take the gold medals back. Obviously, they got caught."

Looks like Joey's not with the NFL Program that "it wasn't a big deal" and "didn't affect the outcome of any games". Horsesh*t. When you know what's coming it's a heckuva lot easier to go where they ain't and run plays to counter what the defense is going to do. How folks can say otherwise defies credulity in my view.....

Let it go? Are you kidding? You play your whole life hoping for a chance to win a Super Bowl. When you finally get a chance, 60 minutes away, you get beaten by a team that fuggin' CHEATED.

I'd be friggin' livid.

You took the words right out of my mouth. Lets hope this is talked about until Goodell has to penalize them more for the Cheating not disclosed before ie;using IR players in practice.

I've been relatively quiet on the whole cheating thing, but I absolutely love that players are starting to come out publicly on the topic. I want Brady to be constantly reminded, even at his friggin' HOF induction, of how those three 3-pt Super Bowl victories should all have an asterisk beside them.

I can't agree with you either on this one, K-Gun. I never cared for Porter as a player but he's dead on with his comments. I'm not 'lettin' it go' either. I intend to keep on refering to them and spelling their name with an asterisk and -much to the commish's dismay- it appears my beliefs are part of an ever growing army calling "BULLSH--!" on them and Belicheat in particular. The more periphrial items that emerge, the more smoke to the fire.

Burn Baby, BURN!!

Good for Jerry Porter. He's simply calling a spade a spade, or in this case, a cheating team and the commish's office attempt tp sweep everything under the rug. If everyone wants this to go away, do the appropriate thing: ban belichick, admit the cheating was rampant and gave them a huge advantage, and strip them of their SB titles.

Excellent points, I agree completely with all of them.

Ideally, Porter should be allowed to enforce his own idea of justice in this case on Belifukk and Tom Brady although.

Whole thing makes me sick to my stomach.

I agree with Porter. He got screwed, as did the Steelers. Even if the Patriots only won one more game in either of those years and they wouldn't have been there. I'll take it a step further - 10 more yards - just 10 yards on one of Vinatari's game-winning FGs, and EVERYTHING would have been different.

Football is a game where entire seasons can be shaped because of one play or one series. Even the slightest unfair advantage is huge.

Porter is 100% dead-on. I actually think he's expressing the feeling of many coaches and players who don't want to say anything because of the macho image of the NFL game.

Screw the Patriots. They cheated, gained an advantage and won games because of it. F the patriots.

I've been relatively quiet on the whole cheating thing, but I absolutely love that players are starting to come out publicly on the topic. I want Brady to be constantly reminded, even at his friggin' HOF induction, of how those three 3-pt Super Bowl victories should all have an asterisk beside them.

Belacheat* & Brady* were both locks for the HOF, like Bonds & Clements now I'm not so sure. If Brady looks average from here on out I don't think he gets in.

Let it go? Are you kidding? You play your whole life hoping for a chance to win a Super Bowl. When you finally get a chance, 60 minutes away, you get beaten by a team that fuggin' CHEATED.

I'd be friggin' livid.

Exactly. Let it go? Work your a$$ off your whole career then find out the team you played cheated. That's like saying that you and your co-workers are set up on teams by management and whoever produced the most got an extra 50,000 a year, then two years after you lost you find out that the winners cheated. Just on a whole larger scale. Let's see how you feel about it "let it go" then. :lol:

Amen brutha!!

I think a lot of people who were on teams that were beaten closely by the Pats* in a game that affected their chances at a SB should be pissed!!! I hope a lot more of them come out and admit it. Maybe then the Pets* will get a stiffer sentence!!

Pats* are gonna get some home cookin' this year ... no doubt. They poured Elk piss all over themselves, now they have to deal with the hunters.

Now I'm not a hunter, but isn't the purpose of the piss to lure a male who wants to mate? If that's the case, hunters are the least of the pats* worries.

p.s. I went ahead and fixed your post. :rolleyes:

This year's upcoming schedule is perhaps a sign that the league is prepared to throw the Pats* under the bus. Don't get me wrong, I wish their punishment was a lot more severe, and with luck the pressure stays on and things do indeed grow more painful. This having been said, however, it was refreshing to see that:

1) The Bills don't play farther west this year than Arizona (Seattle, San Fran and Oakland (do we play Oakland?) are here)

2) While the Pats* are playing all their West Coast games...well, on the West Coast. Two of them back-to-back.

3) And we don't get the requisite "Bills play Pats* following their bye week" ballwashing that had become a league tradition.

It makes me think that there is some sensitivity to the pressure after all.

This year's upcoming schedule is perhaps a sign that the league is prepared to throw the Pats* under the bus. Don't get me wrong, I wish their punishment was a lot more severe, and with luck the pressure stays on and things do indeed grow more painful. This having been said, however, it was refreshing to see that:

1) The Bills don't play farther west this year than Arizona (Seattle, San Fran and Oakland (do we play Oakland?) are here)

2) While the Pats* are playing all their West Coast games...well, on the West Coast. Two of them back-to-back.

3) And we don't get the requisite "Bills play Pats* following their bye week" ballwashing that had become a league tradition.

It makes me think that there is some sensitivity to the pressure after all.

I thought that there was a formula that was used to determine the schedule (ex. 3rd place AFC East plays 2nd and 4th AFC West blah blah blah)

I thought that there was a formula that was used to determine the schedule (ex. 3rd place AFC East plays 2nd and 4th AFC West blah blah blah)

That's correct. The Bills & Dolphins have been "traveling partners" for years - ie they play the same home/away schedule which is the opposite of the Pats/Jets.

In 2012 those west coast trips will be flip flopped as they were in 2004.

It always cracks me up when people act like a bunch of NFL exec's in suits are sitting around in a room arbitrarily hashing out home/away schedules.

:rolleyes: