Bills "mortified"

PFW Article

Granted, it's according to a "team insider" but it wouldn't surprise me that they are more than a little concerned.

Either way it's not been a good off-season discipline-wise for Buffalo,. Especially for a team that's been talking up the idea of having high-character players for awhile now.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PFW Article

Granted, it's according to a "team insider" but it wouldn't surprise me that they are more than a little concerned.

Either way it's not been a good off-season discipline-wise for Buffalo,. Especially for a team that's been talking up the idea of having high-character players for awhile now.

Despite rookie WR James Hardy’s recent brush with the law, the Bills don’t have buyer’s remorse over investing their second-round pick in him. “But they sure have buyer’s embarrassment,” one team insider told PFW.

They should.

You pulled the most misleading sentence out of that article and made it the topic of your thread...

The full sentence reads: "But that’s not to say the Bills aren’t “mortified” about the allegation"

It does not say anyone within the Bills said they were mortified by the allegation, the *author* of the story is saying the Bills are mortified. He just puts misleading quotes around the word "mortified".

Embarrassed? Yes. Mortified? I doubt it.

Interesting too that the "insider" said "THEY sure have buyers remorse" rather than "WE sure have buyers remorse". Heck, I'm not even a team insider and I would say we...

Despite rookie WR James Hardy’s recent brush with the law, the Bills don’t have buyer’s remorse over investing their second-round pick in him. “But they sure have buyer’s embarrassment,” one team insider told PFW.

They should.

Jeeze... :thumbsup: It was a family matter, a local matter in which the local police investigated and didn't get bent out of shape about.

Go pick on the mass of youngsters that discover some jingle in their pockets, and then go hound the bars, if it helps...

Youth makes mistakes almost by definition. They err, because neither money or love can give experience. We all gotta get that, alone. Most, by far, figure things out as time wears on.

Neither you or I were there. He apologized (and I don't think for an instant he had to do that in the first place).

PFW gets more like PFT by the day. Too bad, actually...I used to like their focus on Xs and Os, rather than Ex's and Ohs!

Since TSW has it's own 'source' to PFW, I'm curious to see if it was Marv or Dick who were mortified.

Jeeze... :thumbsup: It was a family matter, a local matter in which the local police investigated and didn't get bent out of shape about.

Go pick on the mass of youngsters that discover some jingle in their pockets, and then go hound the bars, if it helps...

Youth makes mistakes almost by definition. They err, because neither money or love can give experience. We all gotta get that, alone. Most, by far, figure things out as time wears on.

Neither you or I were there. He apologized (and I don't think for an instant he had to do that in the first place).

And that makes it non-embarrassing? I didn't say they should cut him. I said they should be embarrassed by it. How many NFL players have you heard about pulling guns on family members? It may have been nothing but it's still embarrassing to the team.

And that makes it non-embarrassing? I didn't say they should cut him. I said they should be embarrassed by it. How many NFL players have you heard about pulling guns on family members? It may have been nothing but it's still embarrassing to the team.

Don't even bother arguing it, the higher powers here at TBD have determined that it is a non issue that should be ignored and swept under the rug. None of us were there to witness it first hand so we are destrying this young mans character, and no charges filed = no crime. You don't want to join the "Moron Club" with me and Joe Miner because we didn't agree that it is such a non issue and everything is just fine with him.

Especially for a team that's been talking up the idea of having high-character players between the hashmarks for five practices a week and three hours each Sunday for awhile now.

Fixed. Not for the first time, and I suspect, not for the last...

Don't even bother arguing it, the higher powers here at TBD have determined that it is a non issue that should be ignored and swept under the rug. None of us were there to witness it first hand so we are destrying this young mans character, and no charges filed = no crime. You don't want to join the "Moron Club" with me and Joe Miner because we didn't agree that it is such a non issue and everything is just fine with him.

I'll just sit back and see how it plays out. If he is a problem, it will be dealt with.

Agreed. It's the "Realist Club"

But I am sick of hearing about the incident though...

I'll just sit back and see how it plays out. If he is a problem, it will be dealt with.

yeah-if he is really productive, they'll sweep it under the carpet and give him the prima donna treatment to which he is accustomed.

If he busts or kills someone, they will waste another high draft pick next year on an overrated WR instead of building the trenches.

No reply - I am trying to be decorous. Self-imposed :thumbsup:

yeah-if he is really productive, they'll sweep it under the carpet and give him the prima donna treatment to which he is accustomed.

If he busts or kills someone, they will waste another high draft pick next year on an overrated WR instead of building the trenches.

Which of course can only be built through the draft, no other way

They should let every linemen currently on the roster not brought in through the draft go and replace then with early draft picks since thats the only way to go.

Hardy should be reprimanded. It's probably not smart from a business standpoint for the Bills to do it themselves, but it looks like they are doing it through the back-channel route. Hardy needs to know showing up in police blotters won't be tolerated whether he is charged with a crime or not given all the talk about him growing up from his past incident.

I can't decide if that's an old school term for money or playing pocket pool.

Well said. :blink:

And I'd like to add that he is not yet a part of the Bills. He has not signed a contract (which they would be smart to add a character clause). I'd be more worried if a) it was anyone but his dad (ex-felon who missed his son's enitre life to return for the payday); b) the cops pressed charges; and c) Hardy was pulling this stuff while he was a member of the Bills living in WNY.

Well, they could jingle their pockets and realize they should be out chasing women at bars trying to get laid :thumbsup:

I guess - for those - that get women - having no money on them - the old term is "skint" - I guess - works - for some.

AFAIK, showing up at a venue and saying "Hey, beautiful, how 'bout buying me drinks all night?" - is a rare and treasured event. :blink:

Edited by stuckincincy

I guess - for those - that get women - having no money on them - the old term is "skint" - I guess - works - for some.

AFAIK, showing up at a venue and saying "Hey, beautiful, how 'bout buying me drinks all night?" - is rare and treasured event. :thumbsup:

Credit cards! Spend money while you don't have it! Always a perfect plan to temporarily impress a lady.