Fellow House Fans...

Chilly

Good God, tonight's episode was horrible. I've never encountered an episode in this series that I thought was absolutely cheesy before. The previews make next week seem equally bad.

Think it jumped the shark?

i think all tv shows are really starting to show the effects of the writers strike. whether the shows being aired now were written as writers were about to strike and they just phoned it in, or if they were written in a hurry after the strike was settled, i dont know.

but normally high quality shows are suffering. BIG TIME. the office, 30 rock, house, etc. are all nearly unwatchable at this point.

i just wish they would cash this season in and start working on next year.

Yeah, you're probably right, though tonight's How I Met Your Mother was pretty solid, and Law & Order has been solid since its return (though I think its pretty hard to screw up a L&O episode given the format).

Yeah, you're probably right, though tonight's How I Met Your Mother was pretty solid, and Law & Order has been solid since its return (though I think its pretty hard to screw up a L&O episode given the format).

well really, how much worse could HIMYM get? :flirt:

Are you talking about the original L&O? I've thought the last couple weeks have been crap.

i think all tv shows are really starting to show the effects of the writers strike. whether the shows being aired now were written as writers were about to strike and they just phoned it in, or if they were written in a hurry after the strike was settled, i dont know.

but normally high quality shows are suffering. BIG TIME. the office, 30 rock, house, etc. are all nearly unwatchable at this point.

i just wish they would cash this season in and start working on next year.

When did House start using a different script?

Good God, tonight's episode was horrible. I've never encountered an episode in this series that I thought was absolutely cheesy before. The previews make next week seem equally bad.

Between the writer's strike, and this being the first episode of a two-episode story (which are usually not very good to begin with), I'll give 'em a pass this time. Particularly because of the writer's strike - from what I read early in the season, this bears no resemlance to the story arcs they'd originally planned. But no, it was not a good episode. These "hallucination" episodes rarely are.

Regardless...I just can't care about this season finale. And the medicine's been even worse than normal the past four episodes.

"The Office", except for this past week, has been terrible since the strike ended. And it hasn't been great all year.

I wonder if it's suffering from the same thing that killed Moonlighting years ago...have two of the leads get together, and the quality of the show goes downhill as a result.

It certainly came close. I think what saved it for me was how well the did the crash. That was a pretty realistic scene. Other than that I thought the whole "wow look at me I'm bleeding from my ear and I'm still smarter than you" combined with the "look at me OD on alzheimers drugs and die, but then come back from the brink with the answer" was pretty much nonsense.

Good chance it was a body double, but I liked Cuddy's pole dance!

Hell yeah - her a$$ was incredible.

• 4 months later...

Ugh. Could they work anymore crappy drama into the show?

Spoilers:

The serious line of the night is "Death changes everything"? House just walks in and knows the answer?

It's like they aren't concerned with reality anymore. Couple more episodes, and I'm out.

i turned it off

Agreed... but it was still watchable---sort of. I wasn't riveted like I usually am.