Good Job Colorado!

Chilly

You like the idea of speed cameras??

Camera Vans make me oh so warm and tingly inside. Plus, it is pretty important that they protect the workers 4 hours before they show up - its pretty easy to run them over while they're still in bed.

The move was part of a series of bills designed to raise $18.1 million annually for the state budget through increased traffic fine amounts and expanded ticketing operations.

Yeah, clearly their big motivation here is worker saftey. :blink:

Talk about a slippery slope. We really want a nation where 'speed cameras' will automatically generate and mail a ticket anytime you exceed the speed limit? Really??

But I guess as long as it results in "revenue" for the government, morons will go along with it. :devil:

Talk about a slippery slope. We really want a nation where 'speed cameras' will automatically generate and mail a ticket anytime you exceed the speed limit? Really??

But I guess as long as it results in "revenue" for the government, morons will go along with it. :devil:

Studies show that only 15 percent of freeway construction zone injuries are actually caused by automobiles. The vast majority of work zone "vehicle" accidents were found to involve workers injured by their own construction equipment.

Exactly.

Hey, if Bullpen ends up in leg irons I'm all for it! fugger owes me money.

Got to love ideas that actually make driving more dangerous, for the purpose of increasing revenue. Installing cameras at intersections and then lowering the yellow light time, for example.

If I ever get a ticket in the mail from a camera... they are going to have to prove it was me driving that car. And it wasn't me, so they can't prove it :rolleyes:

I think its close to violating a person's right to due process. Ofcourse the same argument was made with red light photo and that is still around.

I'm all for slowing down in a work zone, but how are you going to injure workers 4 hours before they actually arrive on the scene?

Turning on the camera 4 hours before anyone arrives is a little excessive.

My brother has been a flagman with the Erie County Highway Dept. He said the majority of drivers are total idiots. He's waving a large flag and yelling to slow down and they are oblivious. He almost got clipped many times. He got his license and can now plow in the winter and drive the big equipment.

Here in CA, they have a cop sitting before the work truck with his lights on. That didn't even stop a drunk one morning from killing two workers as they were getting their equipment off the back of the truck.

If I ever get a ticket in the mail from a camera... they are going to have to prove it was me driving that car. And it wasn't me, so they can't prove it wink.gif

they'll fine you but they usually don't count towards points

You like the idea of speed cameras??

I'm torn actually.

I don't like the idea that they can send you a tix for going like one mile over the limit. It seems like it would be hard to regulate.

OTOH, I am SICK to death of nearly being killed every time I try to get out of my driveway. I live on the "cut-through" road here and people go past my house daily at speeds of 40 MPH. The posted speed limit is 25. The county refuses to do anything about this, my neighbors have been trying to get them to do something for almost seven years. The road is used frequently by fire and rescue, so the county won't put in speed bumps or stop signs.

Now I don't really mind people cutting through, I use it for that as well, but I wish they would be more considerate of those of us that live here. I've nearly been clipped literally a hundred times trying to get my mail. There are little kids living all around (we are having one in Oct) and someone will get killed one day. I would have to say I would support cameras in residential areas where speeding is excessive in cases like this...

Now I don't really mind people cutting through, I use it for that as well, but I wish they would be more considerate of those of us that live here. I've nearly been clipped literally a hundred times trying to get my mail. There are little kids living all around (we are having one in Oct) and someone will get killed one day. I would have to say I would support cameras in residential areas where speeding is excessive in cases like this...

Portable speed bumps

Another thought is contacting one of your local news channels. Here they have this segments called "Streets of speed" where someone can call/write in and they'll come out with the appropriate police agency and clock people on your street.

This stupid fuggin state has a speed trap fetish I swear. The whole fuggin state is on giant speed trap and DUI saturation check point. Meanwhile down town Colorado Springs is a friggin battle ground every Friday and Saturday night when the bars let out. Where's the police? Running speed and DUI checkpoints on the outskirts of the city.

Hey beer sphere... fug you I don't owe you any stinkin money!