125 places to have a beer before you die....

16 I's in two paragraphs?

"Humility is the Key to Success"

-Mahatma Gandhi

:wallbash::wallbash:

I have been noticing that for sometime... I think he should get to know this quote:

Do I contradict myself?

Very well then I contradict myself,

(I am large, I contain multitudes.)

~Walt Whitman, "Song of Myself"

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:wallbash::wallbash:

I have been noticing that for sometime... I think he should get to know this quote:

Do I contradict myself?

Very well then I contradict myself,

(I am large, I contain multitudes.)

~Walt Whitman, "Song of Myself"

Walt Whitman :wallbash: Nice reference!

I cannot stop saying "I" when I try and articulate my position. It is something I try and work on- that is stop saying "I" so much. I also try and work on not posting exclamation points- which I also find easy to do on a message board. I felt defensive when I heard an "Atlas Shrugged" comment in my direction and just did not get it- and would love to hear Cincy explain. Cincy- I think you are a very intelligent man and appreciate your perspective. And I am a big fan of Ayn Rand- and just wanted to see you relate that book to this thread

and like I stated- I aspire to be very humble. I am smart enough to know that I am not that smart, and I am not all that

Walt Whitman :wallbash: Nice reference!

I cannot stop saying "I" when I try and articulate my position. It is something I try and work on- that is stop saying "I" so much. I also try and work on not posting exclamation points- which I also find easy to do on a message board. I felt defensive when I heard an "Atlas Shrugged" comment in my direction and just did not get it- and would love to hear Cincy explain. Cincy- I think you are a very intelligent man and appreciate your perspective. And I am a big fan of Ayn Rand- and just wanted to see you relate that book to this thread

and like I stated- I aspire to be very humble. I am smart enough to know that I am not that smart, and I am not all that

Pete, I understand and read that in your posts.

I had numerous beers at one of the Augustiner restaurants in Munich...but not the one on the list. I asked the people (locals) I was with about going to the Hofbrauhaus, but they refused because it was too touristy.

Yeah Hofbrauhaus is touristy, yet you will find many Germans there. There are 4 major beer halls in Munich, with Hofbrauhaus being the biggest. What sets Hofbrauhaus apart from the others-( I have had this explained to me by several Germans)- is that Hofbrauhaus is the one that has the authentic music. I can see how that place gets crazy! And it is amazing to see the waitresses carrying 6+ litres of beer at a time!

cute German girls carrying many litres of beer at once

Augustine Keller has the most respect of the Germans. I had a dinner of pig knuckle and some other assorted meats there- and lots of delicious German dark beer. I think you all missed out not going to the Hofbrauhaus. I understand trying to go down the unbeaten path, but that place is so cool. I went every day I was in Munich

IMO, the best places to have a beer are not at the touristy places, but at the local pubs. That is where you get the true atmosphere and not in the manufactured places. Having a beer at the Hofbrau in Munich was nice, but I preferred the Ratskeller. The GABF is good for selection, but BFD. Too many obnoxious drunks who act like they have never had beer before. It makes it difficult to actually enjoy the beer.

Some of the best places are the ones not advertised.

IMO, the best places to have a beer are not at the touristy places, but at the local pubs. That is where you get the true atmosphere and not in the manufactured places. Having a beer at the Hofbrau in Munich was nice, but I preferred the Ratskeller. The GABF is good for selection, but BFD. Too many obnoxious drunks who act like they have never had beer before. It makes it difficult to actually enjoy the beer.

Some of the best places are the ones not advertised.

Exactly! :wallbash:

Dogfish Head brewery . Have not been to DE, but have been to the one in Falls Church VA. (Ale house pub)Very good beer .A good friend of ours built the brewery in DE .

For the people around Saratoga area _ YOU have to stop at The Local Pub and Tea House on the corner of Beekman and Grand . They have had Dogfish on tap . They may have it on tap may 17 .

Dogfish Head brewery . Have not been to DE, but have been to the one in Falls Church VA. (Ale house pub)Very good beer .A good friend of ours built the brewery in DE .

For the people around Saratoga area _ YOU have to stop at The Local Pub and Tea House on the corner of Beekman and Grand . They have had Dogfish on tap . They may have it on tap may 17 .

Dogfish head what? They make a lot of different beers. :wallbash:

Dogfish head what? They make a lot of different beers. :wallbash:

I think they are going to have the 60 minute on tap that weekend . They rotate the beers on tap .every time they change kegs . I have to call him next week to order it .

I think they are going to have the 60 minute on tap that weekend . They rotate the beers on tap .every time they change kegs . I have to call him next week to order it .

Cool. The Ginger Man here is Austin currently has the 60 minute, 90 minute, and Aprihop on tap. I love me some 90-minute!

My buddy went to DE once and found a place with 120-minute on tap. That would be to die for!

Pete - I would have bet $1,000 that you would come back with the exact post that you did.

but seriously, what a horrible list.

The ghost bar in vegas???

Sunset bar and grill in Boston?

the entire list loses all respect for me just because of those. and only 2 bars in NY? ugh.

What's wrong with the Sunset Bar & Grill in Boston? Tons of beers and good food, nothing wrong with that IMHO.

Here's my list:

16. Seats on top of the Green Monster in Fenway Park, Boston, MA

19. Clubhouse box seats at the Saratoga Race Course, Saratoga Springs, NY

22. Infield at Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, FL

25. World Beer Festival, Durham/Raleigh, NC

39.The Flying Saucer, NC, SC, TN, AR and TX

50. Beach Bar at the Atlantis Hotel, Paradise Island, Bahamas

53. Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel, Sydney, Australia

89. Icebergs Bar, Sydney, Australia

107. Sunset Grille & Tap, Boston, MA

116. Anchor Bar, Buffalo, NY

Not too shabby, I took some liberties, like I wasn't on the infield at Daytona, but whatever. Some of the places on the list are doable and I should get after sooner rather than later.

What's wrong with the Sunset Bar & Grill in Boston? Tons of beers and good food, nothing wrong with that IMHO.

Here's my list:

16. Seats on top of the Green Monster in Fenway Park, Boston, MA

19. Clubhouse box seats at the Saratoga Race Course, Saratoga Springs, NY

22. Infield at Daytona International Speedway, Daytona Beach, FL

25. World Beer Festival, Durham/Raleigh, NC

39.The Flying Saucer, NC, SC, TN, AR and TX

50. Beach Bar at the Atlantis Hotel, Paradise Island, Bahamas

53. Lord Nelson Brewery Hotel, Sydney, Australia

89. Icebergs Bar, Sydney, Australia

107. Sunset Grille & Tap, Boston, MA

116. Anchor Bar, Buffalo, NY

Not too shabby, I took some liberties, like I wasn't on the infield at Daytona, but whatever. Some of the places on the list are doable and I should get after sooner rather than later.

You forgot Whiteys Pub

Dogfish Head is awesome, havent been in DE or Falls Church, have been to the one in maryland, it is awesome, great beer

102. McSorley’s Ale House, New York, NY

Great place.

Light or Dark?????

Best time I ever had there was after a cops funeral. Crying, drinking, pissing, eventually puking. I don't think any of us in the place paid for a drink the entire day/night.

Light or Dark?????

Pair of each please!

Best time I ever had there was after a cops funeral. Crying, drinking, pissing, eventually puking. I don't think any of us in the place paid for a drink the entire day/night.

Drunk, emotional cops? I sure hope no one rammed them with their car. :wallbash:

Pair of each please!

Drunk, emotional cops? I sure hope no one rammed them with their car. :wallbash:

Would have been a serious mistake. Must have been 300 of us in there. So crowded you couldn't even move.