Mayock just said the Bills are having a solid draft

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He said Bowen will become a good starter in a couple of years but contributr to special teams immediately. Also stated that Corner was a good value and he liked the pick. NFLN is not anti-Buffalo like ESPN and are speaking highly of our draft thus far.

Tell Time Warner cable-I'm stuck with ESPN.

This makes no sense though. All the experts on two bills drive didn't have ANY of these guys in their mock drafts, so how can they be good picks?! We are on a quick path to the #1 overall pick next year.

let's see, because the experts didn't have them on their mock drafts, we're gonna be the worst team in the league? fer sure, let's start scouting who we'll draft in 2009 now

I'd have no problem with the picks if we weren't so thin along the Offensive and Defensive lines.

What if Peters goes down again? What then?Same goes for Stroud.

In order for us to be successful next year we are going to have to pray the lines stay healthy.

We are stuck in a perpetual cycle of the two lines don't matter. Nevermind that they're the most important thing in football we can always find warm bodies to ptu in there. Or maybe convert a TE or two.

We are stuck in a perpetual cycle of the two lines don't matter. Nevermind that they're the most important thing in football we can always find warm bodies to ptu in there. Or maybe convert a TE or two.

I am a little frustrated too that the lines have been neglected, but I will reserve judgement until I watch these kids play.

It is my belief- stockpile CB's, you become a finesse team, stockpile linemen, you are dominating team

let's see, because the experts didn't have them on their mock drafts, we're gonna be the worst team in the league? fer sure, let's start scouting who we'll draft in 2009 now

I say we fire all our scouts. One day before 2009 draft, we hire a college intern, ask him to randomly choose 500 mock drafts, and average all players' projected locations. Then, we have our 2009 draft board. :thumbsup:

He said Bowen will become a good starter in a couple of years but contributr to special teams immediately. Also stated that Corner was a good value and he liked the pick. NFLN is not anti-Buffalo like ESPN and are speaking highly of our draft thus far.

That makes me feel better because both of the Bills fourth round picks were projected 7th rounders from every source I've read. If he said that then :wallbash: for me.

NFL Network is live on the internet here.

Got this link from another thread. This is cool as hell.

:thumbsup:

:lol::):wallbash:

Try checking their pick in RD 3. They did address the one position on the D-Line that needed quality depth and C. Ellis is an exceptional pass rusher. Check out his game film. As for the O-Line, Buffalo is going to address their need at C either in the 6th or the 7th. Buffalo's lines are not the problem right now. Their needs are were at CB, WR, TE. We have addressed those needs adequately so far, some far better than others. Still, they have had a tremendous draft.

Not to mention that over the course of the last two seasons, Buffalo has spent 110 mil on bringing in relatively young, highly sought after talent to bolster both the offensive and defensive lines. To say that the team has neglected this need is a bit inaccurate. Not to mention the 75 mil they then gave to Schobel and Kelsay. They have spent a lot of money on the lines. Give the FO a little credit. They may not draft a lineman in the first two rounds every year, but they have tried to address the problem, and I would argue they have done a good job. The O-Line gave up a franchise least 26 sacks last season. I'd say that's pretty good.

Not to mention that over the course of the last two seasons, Buffalo has spent 110 mil on bringing in relatively young, highly sought after talent to bolster both the offensive and defensive lines. To say that the team has neglected this need is a bit inaccurate. Not to mention the 75 mil they then gave to Schobel and Kelsay. They have spent a lot of money on the lines. Give the FO a little credit. They may not draft a lineman in the first two rounds every year, but they have tried to address the problem, and I would argue they have done a good job. The O-Line gave up a franchise least 26 sacks last season. I'd say that's pretty good.

True True. if we draft a center (Is Steve Justice still out there--I heard of him) and back up tackle with our last four picks we are golden. There is still June 1st cuts, too.

I'd have no problem with the picks if we weren't so thin along the Offensive and Defensive lines.

What if Peters goes down again? What then?Same goes for Stroud.

In order for us to be successful next year we are going to have to pray the lines stay healthy.

We did draft defensive lineman in 3rd rd.