Mckelvin as our returner??

I heard some talking heads discussing how Mckelvin will be an outstanding returner for us and thought, "huh, don't we have two of the best returners in the league already?" Mcgee is a pro bowler and wasn't Roscoe 2nd to Hester on punt returns last year? These two guys are among the most accomplished returners in the league and we're going to replace them with a rook?

Leodis has 8 return TDs in his college career. I do not have a problem with having so many playmakers on the team. The more the merrier

Also, we can change it up. Some kickoffs we will have McKelvin and others will have McGee/Parrish. We can really screw up opponents ST because of how different each of them run.

In term of flat out speed it's

1. Parrish

2. McLovin'

3. McGee

Leodis has 8 return TDs in his college career. I do not have a problem with having so many playmakers on the team. The more the merrier

Amen brother! The thing we need is blockers like Fletcher to bust open the wedge and send our midgets to the EZ. <_<

I for one like the fact that we have 2 kick returners now. Mcgee is getting older and at times i wonder if the load is to much. We now have a young kick who can take some of the load.

Well McGee isnt that old.....but yes the NFL and the CB position will wear you down. I am very happy that we can mix and match and take the load off of him.

I heard some talking heads discussing how Mckelvin will be an outstanding returner for us and thought, "huh, don't we have two of the best returners in the league already?" Mcgee is a pro bowler and wasn't Roscoe 2nd to Hester on punt returns last year? These two guys are among the most accomplished returners in the league and we're going to replace them with a rook?

I hear that they are taking mcgee off the kick return so he can focus on corner more

I hear that they are taking mcgee off the kick return so he can focus on corner more

I think it will be the oppsite...McKelvin will surplant McGee at stating CB, freeing McGee to return more.

It looks like it. McGee bulked up to help him in run support, and it seemed to take away that extra gear. McGee also seems to have lingering stinger/shoulder issues that pop up, and limiting special teams hits could help.

Just another option. McGee was banged up a couple of times last year and Roscoe returned some kicks. Can never have too many return guys.

I think it's great to have another option at the return game. If McGee or Parrish gets injured at some point during the year, McKelvin can step in.

The way I look at it, whoever does the best at any position on the team should be starting. So if McKelvin does a better job (once the pre-season/season starts), then I think he should be fielding the returns.

And looks much faster than McGee.

Speed is only a small part of the equation on returns. McGee is fantastic with reading blocks and finding the open lane - which is why so many of his returns end up around the 40-50 yard line.