OFFICIAL: 3pm is here 2008 Draft Thread

Why? All the WR's are still on the board. Sure, there's going to be a run, but I don't see a reason to start losing picks for these guys now. Obviously they are not worth what everyone thinks they are.

It depends upon whether or not they have a specific WR in mind. If they do, it certainly may be time to start working the phones.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless just about everybody goes WR between now and us, we'll have a shot at one of Sweed, Hardy, Kelly, Doucet, or Thomas. And someone will probably even take DeSean Jackson in there. I say we stay put.

Though, to put this out there: what if Calais Campbell drops?

I would be ok with a WR at 11. Did you laugh when teams did not spend a third round pick on Tom Brady? And since when did you start putting so much stock into what talking heads on TV said? I think you give them way too much credit. Lets see Devin Thomas and his fellow WRs play for a couple years before proclaiming them busts

Point 1 I'm not talking about the talking heads. I'm talking about the people that actually make the picks.

Point 2 With regards to Brady in the third all I can say is I wished I had bought IBM stock in 19962. That is an incredibly specious argument because you are looking with hindsight and that is very easy to do.

Point 3 Now you are projecting to the future. If you are right you are a genius. If you are wrong you will vanish in the endless hubris that is the nature of internet posts. Either way I am not trying to fight with you. GO BILLS.

Unless just about everybody goes WR between now and us, we'll have a shot at one of Sweed, Hardy, Kelly, Doucet, or Thomas. And someone will probably even take DeSean Jackson in there. I say we stay put.

Though, to put this out there: what if Calais Campbell drops?

Then you follow suit and allow him to pass on by.