Best NES game ever?

EndZoneCrew

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one baseball game where you can throw the ball so fast it leaves a trail of fire (don't remember the name)

I still have my NES system and all of the above games except for the baseball one.

Baseball Simulator 1.000

I agree with Baseball Stars (I played B.S. II and it didn't seem as good) and Tecmo Super Bowl. Baseball Stars had Free Agency, Create-A-Player and allowed you to make money and play a season with a variable number of games.

Another sports-related game I like is Dusty Diamond's All Star Softball: 50-60 characters, all with different attributes.

Blades of Steel did not have fighting, but had a tourney-style play, and when you won the tourney, they showed highlights of your team winning.

Great thread!

A guy at work next to me is screaming ExciteBike... ExciteBike!

Easily excited I guess?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'd stair at that game so long that the crappy 3d effects would look inverted to me... jumps would look like pits.

Lot of great games mention but I'm gonna throw a shout out to Kid Icarus. Very underrated game.

I loved that game. Remember Eggplant man? One of the top villains. Does anybody remember a tv show with the nintendo characters, like mario, link, maybe kid icarus... but I know that eggplant man was one of the villains on that show. Please tell me someone else can remember it. For that matter, does anyone remember the name of the cartoon show with Gretzky, Jordan, and Bo Jackson (I think)?

I loved that game. Remember Eggplant man? One of the top villains. Does anybody remember a tv show with the nintendo characters, like mario, link, maybe kid icarus... but I know that eggplant man was one of the villains on that show. Please tell me someone else can remember it. For that matter, does anyone remember the name of the cartoon show with Gretzky, Jordan, and Bo Jackson (I think)?

The Bo Jackson, Jordan, and Gretzky show was ProStars

Baseball Simulator 1.000

I agree with Baseball Stars (I played B.S. II and it didn't seem as good) and Tecmo Super Bowl. Baseball Stars had Free Agency, Create-A-Player and allowed you to make money and play a season with a variable number of games.

Another sports-related game I like is Dusty Diamond's All Star Softball: 50-60 characters, all with different attributes.

Blades of Steel did not have fighting, but had a tourney-style play, and when you won the tourney, they showed highlights of your team winning.

Great thread!

I beg to differ as this link shows a fight in BOS

Are you talking about Sega and Sonic... Eggman/Robotnik?? They had a TV show, just got my 9 year old son the whole collection on DVD...

??

My favorites, off the top of my head - most already named:

--Blades of Steel

--Baseball Stars

--Duck Hunt with the infrared gun and the damn laughing dog :rolleyes:

--Contra

--Paperboy

--Tag Team Wrestling

--Ten-Yard-Fight

--Tecmo Bowl

--Ice Hockey

--Contra

--Rampage

--Double Dribble

--Mike Tyson's Punch-Out - the first video game I bought on my own, saved up from my paper route money. Got it at the old Brand Names catalog showroom in Niagara Falls.

--CastleVania

--and another vote for ExciteBike.

My favorites, off the top of my head - most already named:

--Blades of Steel

--Baseball Stars

--Duck Hunt with the infrared gun and the damn laughing dog :rolleyes:

--Contra

--Paperboy

--Tag Team Wrestling

--Ten-Yard-Fight

--Tecmo Bowl

--Ice Hockey

--Contra

--Rampage

--Double Dribble

--Mike Tyson's Punch-Out - the first video game I bought on my own, saved up from my paper route money. Got it at the old Brand Names catalog showroom in Niagara Falls.

--CastleVania

--and another vote for ExciteBike.

Bout time somebody mentioned that one :rolleyes:

After some googling and youtubing, I discovered it was "Captain N: The Game Master" (http://youtube.com/watch?v=El7TBZWZbNY). Pretty rad.

The Bo Jackson, Jordan, and Gretzky show was ProStars

Thanks. That intro alone brings me back.