Best NES game ever?

EndZoneCrew

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The original Final Fantasy?

Wonderful game! I spent hours upon hours playing that game, eventually beat it, too. I was one of the ones that came with the EBay'd NES a few months back. It's funny to compare that to the highly produced FF games that come out now.

After some googling and youtubing, I discovered it was "Captain N: The Game Master" (http://youtube.com/watch?v=El7TBZWZbNY). Pretty rad.

And the villain you were looking for was the Eggplant Wizard. Also, you mentioned Mario being in the show, but he wasn't. He had his own show, the Super Mario Bros. Super Show.

Lot of great games mention but I'm gonna throw a shout out to Kid Icarus. Very underrated game.

Kid Icarus was great! :lol:

Also for those of you that are/were Bionic Commando fans, a new next-gen version is in the works and may be released this year.

Wonderful game! I spent hours upon hours playing that game, eventually beat it, too. I was one of the ones that came with the EBay'd NES a few months back. It's funny to compare that to the highly produced FF games that come out now.

I beat it to

How stoked were you when your charactors upgraded in the middle 3/4 way of the game.....all that work just to get them to change to a better appearance!

The FF games have gotten a little "out there" for me now.......

Remember when it would take months to beat games? What happened?

Why are all these new games beatable within three hours.

As for NES games...

1. Legend of Zelda

2. Super Mario Brothers 1, 2 and 3

3. Bionic Commando

4. Mike Tyson's Punchout

5. Ice Hockey

Why are all these new games beatable within three hours.

Kids need instant gratification now. We worked for our 30 second crappy ending.

But on the flipside, the NES games brought out violence in me. Nothing like playing through a game, using up all 3 continues and dying at the final boss only to start from the beginning.

Kids need instant gratification now. We worked for our 30 second crappy ending.

But on the flipside, the NES games brought out violence in me. Nothing like playing through a game, using up all 3 continues and dying at the final boss only to start from the beginning.

That's part of the reason why old games took much longer to beat (as opposed to today's games.) More and more of today's games have checkpoints; layers and layers of cheat codes for infinite ammo/lives/invincibility; and printed and/or online walkthrough guides available on a dozen video game sites. Can't get past a level? Go online, find a code or a walkthrough and bam! problem solved.

You just have to find the right game if you're looking for that longterm challenge. Any of the newer Final Fantasy games will keep you busy for a while. The Grand Theft Auto games take a while too (can't wait for tuesday).