Bills interested in Sheppard

jreed82

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bills/Lito Sheppard...Peter King of SI.com and Sirius NFL Radio said he's "sure" the Bills are one of the teams that's interested in acquiring Eagles CB Lito Sheppard this weekend.

Wouldn't that be sweet if we could just swap 1st round picks and give them like a fourth for Sheppard?

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2008draftnews.html

Absolutely, but the issue is his contract, he wants megabucks. Can we or would we afford it? Ask the FO.

I've been hoping for this deal for WEEKS now, it just makes sense.

Lets look at it this way, if the Eagles were to trade up JUST for the Bills 1st round pick in the draft, they'd have to give up their 1st, a 3rd and a 4th according to the draft chart for the trade to make any sense. Even with that compensation, the Eagles would fall short of making it a "fair" trade.

So why not instead just have the Bills and Eagles swap first round picks, and the Bills get Lito Sheppard. It would essentially be the Bills "giving" the Eagles a 3rd rounder for him by not demanding more for the first round swap.

Bills/Lito Sheppard...Peter King of SI.com and Sirius NFL Radio said he's "sure" the Bills are one of the teams that's interested in acquiring Eagles CB Lito Sheppard this weekend.

Wouldn't that be sweet if we could just swap 1st round picks and give them like a fourth for Sheppard?

http://www.eastcoastsportsnews.com/2008draftnews.html

I don't think that we give them anything. Swapping our picks and Sheppard, that's it, deal done. That would put a value on Sheppard in the area of a 2nd rder.

No no no... didn't the Raiders give up a #4 & #6 for the cb from the Falcons (Hall). If correct, that makes Sheppard worth only a 3rd. He's not as good as Hall and he hasn't been abel to stay healthy either. As one boarder also mentioned... he's at odds with the Beagles over his contract which still has 3 years. If his issue is money, I'm pretty sure the Bills aren't going to entertain that (see Darwin Walker).

Sounds good to me.

Get Mayo and Kelly in the first 2 rounds, and we solve3 of our biggest problems. Still need to determine our TE and FS issue, but if those three panned out, from our 1st 2 rounds and a solid corner into the mix, I believe, we make a serious run at the playoffs.

I would LOVE this to happen. Get a top notch corner, swap 1st round picks, take the WR we covet at the better value, then take a pass catching TE in 2nd or 3rd and a DE in 2nd or 3rd. We would be very good next year. We would have gotten, Mitchell, Johnson, Stroud, Sheppard, Will James to bolster the defense via free agency and trades, and through the draft we answer our needs at WR, TE, and depth. I WOULD LOVE THIS.

I don't think that we give them anything. Swapping our picks and Sheppard, that's it, deal done. That would put a value on Sheppard in the area of a 2nd rder.

I'm almost thinking that a 2nd is a little too high for him.

What's it look like in value if the Iggles gave us their 1st, Sheppard, and their 4th for our first?

What value does that place on Sheppard?

I'd be satisfied with giving up the chance to get DE Derrick Harvey for WR James Hardy and CB Lito Sheppard. In the 2nd rd we could get TE John Carlson and with our 3rd rder we could go with another Fightin' Irish player in C John Sullivan. That would be a strong draft.

Sounds good to me.

Get Mayo and Kelly in the first 2 rounds, and we solve3 of our biggest problems. Still need to determine our TE and FS issue, but if those three panned out, from our 1st 2 rounds and a solid corner into the mix, I believe, we make a serious run at the playoffs.

Why would getting Mayo solve a problem. We have Mitchell, Poz, and Crowell. Very very solid

If the Bills weren't interested in Pac Man Jones, why would they be interested in this guy?

Are you for real? Two completely different cases, i don't see how you can compare them???? Do a little reading on pac man and lito and you will understand y we don't want pac man but are interested in lito.

I'd be satisfied with giving up the chance to get DE Derrick Harvey for WR James Hardy and CB Lito Sheppard. In the 2nd rd we could get TE John Carlson and with our 3rd rder we could go with another Fightin' Irish player in C John Sullivan. That would be a strong draft.

I think you could likely get a good TE prospect in the third, and perhaps bolster our D-line in the second instead. Lots of decent late 1st - 2nd round DT's available: Blamer, Sims, Laws, Moore.

Are you for real? Two completely different cases, i don't see how you can compare them???? Do a little reading on pac man and lito and you will understand y we don't want pac man but are interested in lito.

Just ignore him. He looks for reactions from his crap.

i'd love this trade more than my own children (hungry little idiots that they are).

i would like a 4th as well. with the 17 we can get thomas, then in the second get q groves, then TE, then OG/C etc.

our D would be redunk

Absolutely, but the issue is his contract, he wants megabucks. Can we or would we afford it? Ask the FO.

The Bills aren't big on handing out large contracts to CB's.

If they swing a trade for Sheppard, what does that say about the fiasco surrounding NC two years ago?

Essentially, if Buffalo makes this trade, it means they prefer players from other systems over their own drafted players.

Remember, minus Marv, this is the same front office that potentially would make this deal that said no to NC.

I'm almost thinking that a 2nd is a little too high for him.

What's it look like in value if the Iggles gave us their 1st, Sheppard, and their 4th for our first?

What value does that place on Sheppard?

Using the draft value chart makes Sheppard's value worth somewheres around the 52nd-53rd pick (2nd rd). Philadelphia has the #115 (4th rd). The value for that is only 64 points, which would keep Sheppard's value very close to the 59th pick (2nd rd).

Why would getting Mayo solve a problem. We have Mitchell, Poz, and Crowell. Very very solid

You have Poz and Mitch. Move Crow back to ST and nickle coverage guy where he seemed to do better. get a guy like Mayo who can rush off the edge and cause some hate, and we become a lot better both in the pass rush as well as making plays in the back field. Instead of having our backers who can't shed blocks and get dragged for an extra 4 yards on every stop.