Bills interested in Sheppard

jreed82

Jay Glazer of FOXSports.com reports that Tampa Bay has become the frontrunner for Lito Sheppard.

Glazer reports that Sheppard was visiting with the Buccaneers on Wednesday, and that a trade could go down by Saturday. He speculates that it will take at least a second round pick to get a deal done, and the Bucs have the 21st (52nd overall) pick in the second round.

Tampa's DE Greg White might be asking for a trade and if so this could present a twofold problem for the Bills. I'm assuming that the Eagles were looking to trade up for a DE and if Sheppard is going to be traded to the Bucs then maybe White becomes a part of the compensation. If these two teams do trade these players then they both will have resolved a need and will both be still looking for a WR. That means that a WR could be selected with the #19 and #20 pick, two less WRs for the Bills to choose from.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Isn't that the point of the draft? :thumbsup::blink::wallbash:

Only if the player you are drafting is going to be better than the player you already have? name a lb in this draft that will be better this next season than crow? there isn't one, I say wait until next year to get a stud lb if you really want/need one but our lb ccorps is set IMO Depth in later rounds possibly.

Why all the hating on Crowell???? I thought he had a really good season last year, unless I missed something...Only eight guys had more total tackles, and he also added on a couple sacks, a pick, and a safety. Playing next to Ellison and DiGiorgio for most of the season, I'd say that's pretty impressive.

I like Crowell too. Although I would be pleased if we drafted Mayo

Tampa's DE Greg White might be asking for a trade and if so this could present a twofold problem for the Bills. I'm assuming that the Eagles were looking to trade up for a DE and if Sheppard is going to be traded to the Bucs then maybe White becomes a part of the compensation. If these two teams do trade these players then they both will have resolved a need and will both be still looking for a WR. That means that a WR could be selected with the #19 and #20 pick, two less WRs for the Bills to choose from.

There was a lot of talk about White on the radio down here this afternoon. The word is Tampa won't trade him.

Sheppard is good, but not that good IMO.

He just turned 27, and in his 6 years in the league, he's only played 16 games once, and never started all 16. He hasn't played 15 games since 2004, which was arguably his best year with 56 tackles, and 5 interception, starting all 15 of the games he played in.

Looking at numbers alone, McGee had a much better year last year than Sheppard did.

Compare these two stat lines:

G	  GS	 Tck	  Int	  PD
16	 13	 46		4	   14
11	 11	 51		2	   5

Now numbers don't tell the whole story I know, but one of those guys is Sheppard, and one isn't (not McGee either). Is Sheppard good? Yes. Would he help us out? Yes. Should we get taken in a deal to get him? No

The Eagles fans I know hate Sheppard, and I've seen why. He is very inconsistent. He will drive you crazy with the unexpected, critical coverage mistake. This is definately an "I've heard of him he must be good" situation. Trust me folks, you won't like him. But this is the same organization that signed Larry Triplett and Robert Royal to very nice contracts when it was very evident that they weren't starting quality NFL players.

The Eagles fans I know hate Sheppard, and I've seen why. He is very inconsistent. He will drive you crazy with the unexpected, critical coverage mistake. This is definately an "I've heard of him he must be good" situation. Trust me folks, you won't like him. But this is the same organization that signed Larry Triplett and Robert Royal to very nice contracts when it was very evident that they weren't starting quality NFL players.

I agree with you. If he was as good as many on this board would like to believe, the Eagles would have had no reason to sign Samuel.

You have Poz and Mitch. Move Crow back to ST and nickle coverage guy where he seemed to do better. get a guy like Mayo who can rush off the edge and cause some hate, and we become a lot better both in the pass rush as well as making plays in the back field. Instead of having our backers who can't shed blocks and get dragged for an extra 4 yards on every stop.

WOW, thats absolutely ridiculous! Crowell is probably our best LB. You can't possibly be serious