Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie

major

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie will be our guy at #11 (he looks good). This draft is deep in WR's. There are plenty of receivers that will be left in the 2nd round for us to choose from. Or, we will jump back into the 1st round to take Malcolm Kelly or Limas Sweed. If we got Dominique, that would be a great jersey to get: one that reads "RODGERS-CROMARTIE".

I dont want a CB in the 1st round. The bills have shown they will not pay to keep a quality CB in buffalo.

However, if we do take a CB at #11, then we have to trade back up into the 2nd round and take a WR (any WR not named Kelly or Manningham).

If we do this, we will lose out on drafting a TE with the potential to start this season.

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie will be our guy at #11 (he looks good). This draft is deep in WR's. There are plenty of receivers that will be left in the 2nd round for us to choose from. Or, we will jump back into the 1st round to take Malcolm Kelly or Limas Sweed. If we got Dominique, that would be a great jersey to get: one that reads "RODGERS-CROMARTIE".

I am SICK of being the cornerback farm team of the NFL. We draft them....they biuld up their dollars and then depart for what they think are greener pastures.

We brought in James and have Greer and McGee. Defensive end or trade downf or wide receiver in round 1.

A trade with Philly for Sheppard would be ideal, giving us a quality corner to add to the mix and still allow us to draft a top-flight WR in the first.

How about this 3 way trade? Philly's 19th pick and Lito Sheppard to Buffalo, Bills 11th pick to Detroit (where they can take Harvey), and Philly gets Roy Williams. Will not happen, but makes sense on so many levels.

I heard on the radio, over the weekend, that Rodgers-Cromartie may have some previously unreported health issues that may cause some teams to stay away from him...namely, he has only one kidney! Sorry, I can't confirm or deny this, but the "expert" I heard (Ross someone from GM.Com) said that Rodgers-Cromartie is one of the more overrated players in the draft...he seemed higher on Jenkins, as someone who would be ready to come in and play at the NFL level right awy...fwiw!

No thank you! I want football players not track stars. If we want a track star- I would prefer Allen Johnson. I am sure his combine totals would of been better then DRC. But I want a football player that will blow up runners on sweeps and make opposing WRs hear footsteps. I want a physical team that beats the hell out of the opposing team every week. DRC is the farthest thing from that. I bet there are placekickers tougher then DRC. Save DRC for some other sucker :lol:

I heard on the radio, over the weekend, that Rodgers-Cromartie may have some previously unreported health issues that may cause some teams to stay away from him...namely, he has only one kidney! Sorry, I can't confirm or deny this, but the "expert" I heard (Ross someone from GM.Com) said that Rodgers-Cromartie is one of the more overrated players in the draft...he seemed higher on Jenkins, as someone who would be ready to come in and play at the NFL level right awy...fwiw!

He does have only one kidney

It could, however, give teams pause when it comes to drafting him. He probably will have to sign a medical waiver to play. That said, Rodgers-Cromartie is widely considered one of the two best cornerback prospects in the class, along with Troy's Leodis McKelvin, and is expected to be one of the first 20 players selected in the April 26-27 draft.

That scares me. I'd rather the kid find something else to do. It may never be a problem but if he was injured for life or, God Forbid, killed it would be devastating to any football fan.

The guy is a track star, but he got LIT UP by WR's who won't even be drafted.

I so agree! I am hoping the Saints are stupid enough to draft him- just so he is not on the board when we select. My draft weekend would be ruined if we draft DRC :lol:

!@#$ finesse football! I want bone jarring hits and smash mouth game!

Strongly disagree on a number of levels. First, CB is also deep this year and guys like Flowers and Cason could also be there in the second round. The receiver talent IS deep, but there are far more teams with receiver needs that pick before we get another chance in the second round. If we can't trade out of #11, we need to take a WR, be it a reach or not. Buffalo's most pressing need this offseason is at the WR position. Take the best player to fill your biggest need. We can take a CB in round two and get Carlson from ND at the TE position in the third. I would prefer a trade down with Philly to #19 and get either Lito Shepard, or their 2nd rounder to do it. That we we address all three of our most pressing needs in the first two rounds. Either get Shepard at CB, and take a WR and a TE in rounds one and two, or take Thomas/Hardy at 19, get Flowers with our first #2 and then take Fred Davis or Dustin Keller, or Martellus Bennett with our #2 from Philly.

Also, while DRC has speed, he lacks the tackling ability that you need in the Cover-2. The biggest knock on him has been that he does not like to get involved tackling wise. The better choice is Talib, who has better size, very good speed and is also an aggressive tackler, which is a must on this team.

:wallbash: And then next year?

We could have signed B. Johnson, and even if he left, it would have given whichever WR we drafted time to develop. If he played great and left then the young guy could step in. If he played badly, then we wouldn't have had to do anything. It would have been a win-win. Give the rookie time to be groomed, but have a veteran there for stability and to help Trent progress.

We could have signed B. Johnson, and even if he left, it would have given whichever WR we drafted time to develop. If he played great and left then the young guy could step in. If he played badly, then we wouldn't have had to do anything. It would have been a win-win. Give the rookie time to be groomed, but have a veteran there for stability and to help Trent progress.

I see no reason to sign a guy for one year at all. It just seems like a bad idea.