What kind of cell phone do you have?

stevestojan

I go through cell phones rather frequently as I just can't find one I really like. I just got the XV6900 for Verizon. I'm a little pissed that CNET doesn't even have a video review of the thing yet, but then agiain I'm convinced that CNET is now just one big advertisement for the iPhone. Anyway, just seeing what everyone has, what you like and don't like, etc.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a cell phone for a while and figured out that:

a) I could wait the 14 seconds till I was in my car to make a call if need be (Onstar).

b) People tend to call you 10 times a day for no reason whatsoever when they have your cell phone number.

c) They break/get lost pretty easy and get pretty expensive to replace.

d) I thought to myself, if I got rid of my cell phone, how much better would my Bills tickets be?

Long story short, Ill be getting the best season tickets available when select-a-seat rolls around. :thumbsup:

I had a cell phone for a while and figured out that:

a) I could wait the 14 seconds till I was in my car to make a call if need be (Onstar).

b) People tend to call you 10 times a day for no reason whatsoever when they have your cell phone number.

c) They break/get lost pretty easy and get pretty expensive to replace.

d) I thought to myself, if I got rid of my cell phone, how much better would my Bills tickets be?

Long story short, Ill be getting the best season tickets available when select-a-seat rolls around. :thumbsup:

I hate my damn cell phone, but it's a necessary evil with my job these days. I always buy the cheapest phone that still gets good reviews for reliability. My only constraint? It needs to fit in my pocket. I don't want the bat-belt. I bought one with BlueTooth this time around thinking I'd use it to sync. all of my contacts and whatnot. Nope. Never. I still punch in my wife's cell phone number each time I call her.

I've purposely strayed from the PDA/iPhone devices. The last damn thing I need is to be more connected to the world.

So, to answer the original question.... I've got a Motorola L2 I believe. I've never had a problem with it, though I don't use any of the fancy features or anything. I just press the green button and talk to whoever it is on the other end.

I hate my damn cell phone, but it's a necessary evil with my job these days. I always buy the cheapest phone that still gets good reviews for reliability. My only constraint? It needs to fit in my pocket. I don't want the bat-belt. I bought one with BlueTooth this time around thinking I'd use it to sync. all of my contacts and whatnot. Nope. Never. I still punch in my wife's cell phone number each time I call her.

I've purposely strayed from the PDA/iPhone devices. The last damn thing I need is to be more connected to the world.

Same here... Even with U-Connect, I still say: "Dial, then the number." Or punch in manually... I probably should get with the program and punch in a macro.

:thumbsup:

i have a Samsung from Sprint. i don't use the camera or anything like that. it's a phone for chrissakes. i don't text message either. texting is for women and h0m0s.

I can understand the ones that do email, especially for IT folks and others where staying in the loop is critical to not only their own job, but those around. SMS text though? WTF?

So, to answer the original question.... I've got a Motorola L2 I believe. I've never had a problem with it, though I don't use any of the fancy features or anything. I just press the green button and talk to whoever it is on the other end.

I'm with you 100%. I hate phones period, but couldn't work without one. But, no way do I want to be expected to answer email from anywhere. I have the cheapest Nokia the store had (and its still got more than I need - a camera whatever). It gets great reception. It's small, fits in the pocket well. No flip top to break.

Coupled with Cellular South service, its by far better for talking without dropped calls from anywhere in the country than anyone's phone that I've been with who have fancy flip phones and some "national" service provider like Verizon or Cingular.

virgin mobile, it sends and receives phone calls and text messages, monthly contract, no long term commitment, works for me!

I go through cell phones rather frequently as I just can't find one I really like. I just got the XV6900 for Verizon. I'm a little pissed that CNET doesn't even have a video review of the thing yet, but then agiain I'm convinced that CNET is now just one big advertisement for the iPhone. Anyway, just seeing what everyone has, what you like and don't like, etc.

I have a Virgin Mobile Oystr but I rarely use it and have it mostly for when I travel. Phone cost $20 - discount coupon at Radio Shack and I pay $15 every three months and that all goes toward $.18 per minute phone calls. Still have $51 and change credit next three month payment is due anyday now. Spend most of the minutes I do clearing off junk calls in mail box. Cell phones will not become a necessity of life if I have anything to do with it.

I have the Blackberry Pearl 8100 and like it a lot. The website seems kinda lame though :thumbsup:

http://www.blackberrypearl.com/

I got the same one. I've been having some issues with it though and I might return it with my warranty.

When i plug it into my PC and then do a safely remove, my computer freaks out and it shuts down. Also, the time/date seems to be reset every time i plug it into my pc.

I can understand the ones that do email, especially for IT folks and others where staying in the loop is critical to not only their own job, but those around.

that is acceptable. these jerkoffs who talk on the phone and text while driving their cars should be shot on sight.

I have the Blackberry Pearl 8100 and like it a lot. The website seems kinda lame though :thumbsup:

http://www.blackberrypearl.com/

I have the exact same one. Its a cool phone, but I like the other blackberry's better.

I find the full keyboards easier to use for emailing and typing. Also I find the roller ball sometimes difficult to use. I got it for free for signing a contract so I can't complain, the blackberry maps is a cool feature tool, but I haven't tried the GPS navigator on mine yet

i have a Samsung from Sprint. i don't use the camera or anything like that. it's a phone for chrissakes. i don't text message either. texting is for women and h0m0s.

I have a deaf nephew whom I text with all the time (he's in Seattle, I'm in Boston). I think texting is amazing. Guess that makes me a homo.

I've got an iPhone, and it's the best phone I've ever had.

I have a deaf nephew whom I text with all the time (he's in Seattle, I'm in Boston). I think texting is amazing. Guess that makes me a homo.

I've got an iPhone, and it's the best phone I've ever had.

I must be a homo as well. For me, text messaging is amazing. Why? because if you need to ask someone something quick, like "what bar we hanging out at tonight?" or "do i need to bring beer to this party?" etc, etc, etc... its SO much easier to text it over, wait for the response and be done rather than going through the actual phone call where, no matter how big of a prick you are, is impossible not to have some sort of conversation.

I have a smartphone for several reasons, including transfering office files around, but i also love it so i always have the internet around. I know "hot pocket generation", but I make no apologies for loving always having access to the web.