April 19, 1995

Damn McVeigh...just another wacko left winger with an agenda. No, wait, just another righter-than-right conservative who hated the 20th Century. Nah, maybe just a mixed up kid.... No, now I see it clearly--we have no real idea what made him tick.

Damn McVeigh...just another wacko left winger with an agenda. No, wait, just another righter-than-right conservative who hated the 20th Century. Nah, maybe just a mixed up kid.... No, now I see it clearly--we have no real idea what made him tick.

word.

Maybe he was still pissed about losing 4 Super Bowls in a row

On April 18, 2008 all but 2 NBA owners voted to approve the Seattle Sonics' move to OKC (having already bled the people there for $120m to reburb a 5-year old stadium).

Not being an NBA fan I don't mind much but I feel sorry for the team. Moving from Seattle to OKC is one of the most depressing things I can think of.

On April 18, 2008 all but 2 NBA owners voted to approve the Seattle Sonics' move to OKC (having already bled the people there for $120m to reburb a 5-year old stadium).

Not being an NBA fan I don't mind much but I feel sorry for the team. Moving from Seattle to OKC is one of the most depressing things I can think of.

I was going to comment on that... Phuck Stern... He said: "SEA is using scorched earth tactics (with regards to the suit leveled)"...

Too phucking bad, you have a lease to honor... Funny this on almost within a few years of the Braves moving out of BFLO and the Celtics getting a reprive from not moving... How Stern screwed BFLO back then...

I hope SEA can take them to the cleaners (Clay B that is)... Who cried for the Braves! Not a peep!

I was going to comment on that... Phuck Stern... He said: "SEA is using scorched earth tactics (with regards to the suit leveled)"...

Too phucking bad, you have a lease to honor... Funny this on almost within a few years of the Braves moving out of BFLO and the Celtics getting a reprive from not moving... How Stern screwed BFLO back then...

I hope SEA can take them to the cleaners (Clay B that is)... Who cried for the Braves! Not a peep!

So here's the thing about all this - when Schultz sold the Sonics he was told that there was no plan to take them out of Seattle unless the team was unable to make a stadium deal in the first year. Everything proposed was rejected by either the city or the owners. Mostly the owners. There was money to fix up The Key but they wanted something like Boss Hawg Stadium down there in Arlington, Texass. Then it comes out that they never had any intention of staying in Seattle anyway. So, it was good that the taxpayers didn't get stuck building an arena.

My hope for this year was that the city would enforce the contract to keep them here, and they'd continue to bleed money. First, the dumb hick overpaid by $50m. He recouped of that by selling the Storm to a local group (the Storm win, unlike the Sonics). Then tickets just didn't sell because who wants to line the pockets of a dumb hick from OKC? I went online thinking I'd get tickets to the Mavs game for my husband, the Mavs fan and could not BELIEVE it when "best available" returned a large number of courtside seats! Usually those are not to be had no matter how bad the team. Of course I bought no tickets. Stupid hick.

There are two more years on the contract with Key Arena. The city is suing to enforce the contract, thinking to bleed the hick and his buddies dry for two more years. I don't know how it will come out, but I think it's great. The mayor of Seattle can be a pain but in this case I am glad.

I am sure that we'll end up with the sorry New Orleans team or Paul Allen may even want to move the Blazers up here, where he lives...who knows.

In the meantime, it's pretty funny as the discovery process goes forward to uncover the lies of the hicks, the OKC city council hicks, and how clueless and spineless (and chinless) this Stern guy is. I thought Rozelle and Tagliabue were worms.

So here's the thing about all this - when Schultz sold the Sonics he was told that there was no plan to take them out of Seattle unless the team was unable to make a stadium deal in the first year. Everything proposed was rejected by either the city or the owners. Mostly the owners. There was money to fix up The Key but they wanted something like Boss Hawg Stadium down there in Arlington, Texass. Then it comes out that they never had any intention of staying in Seattle anyway. So, it was good that the taxpayers didn't get stuck building an arena.

My hope for this year was that the city would enforce the contract to keep them here, and they'd continue to bleed money. First, the dumb hick overpaid by $50m. He recouped of that by selling the Storm to a local group (the Storm win, unlike the Sonics). Then tickets just didn't sell because who wants to line the pockets of a dumb hick from OKC? I went online thinking I'd get tickets to the Mavs game for my husband, the Mavs fan and could not BELIEVE it when "best available" returned a large number of courtside seats! Usually those are not to be had no matter how bad the team. Of course I bought no tickets. Stupid hick.

There are two more years on the contract with Key Arena. The city is suing to enforce the contract, thinking to bleed the hick and his buddies dry for two more years. I don't know how it will come out, but I think it's great. The mayor of Seattle can be a pain but in this case I am glad.

I am sure that we'll end up with the sorry New Orleans team or Paul Allen may even want to move the Blazers up here, where he lives...who knows.

In the meantime, it's pretty funny as the discovery process goes forward to uncover the lies of the hicks, the OKC city council hicks, and how clueless and spineless (and chinless) this Stern guy is. I thought Rozelle and Tagliabue were worms.

Exactly... Good for SEA!

No quarter asked... No quarter given! Bleed them dry!

From the Oklahoma bombing to the NBA in under ten posts. You people are on a roll!! :thumbsup:

On April 19, 1995, a truck bomb exploded outside the Alfred P. Murrah Federal Building in Oklahoma City, killing 168 people and injuring 500. (Timothy McVeigh was later convicted of federal murder charges and executed.)

A homegrown terrorist from Western New York.

Why did he hate us? :thumbsup:

I know I'm going to get lambasted for this but I wish they hadn't killed him. We might have been able to find out more about the plot. There were more people involved than him and Nichols. I know some of you will think he'd never have broken but you never really know. They could find out more by things in his letters or by guilty confession or by telling another inmate.

I think there are a lot of people who were involved in that who are walking around freely today.

At the time, I worked with a guy who's sister worked across the street from the building. He said she was lucky because she wsa sitting in a high-back seat with her back to the window. The blast blew her prone on her desk, but she wasn't cut by the glass because of the chair. He was frantically calling all his relatives to see how she was.