I can accept 9-7 and no playoffs ...

... but anything less and Jauron should be fired.

I'm really hopeful the offense we saw Schonert call after Fairchild left is something we'll see more of this year. If we're back to bland, boring and predictable, we won't go 8-8 and the front office will have it easy on letting DJ loose.

I think DJ has done a great job his first two years. But after two (hopefully three) great drafts, plus some good moves in FA and stability at QB, we should be poised to make a noticeable jump from 7-9. For a franchise that hasn't seen the playoffs in a decade, we're justified in raising the expectations bar.

I'm really hopeful the offense we saw Schonert call after Fairchild left is something we'll see more of this year. If we're back to bland, boring and predictable, we won't go 8-8 and the front office will have it easy on letting DJ loose.

I think DJ has done a great job his first two years. But after two (hopefully three) great drafts, plus some good moves in FA and stability at QB, we should be poised to make a noticeable jump from 7-9. For a franchise that hasn't seen the playoffs in a decade, we're justified in raising the expectations bar.

I agree with your conclusion that we should be raising our expectations, but with the talent we have acquired, and the schedule we have this season, I think not making the playoffs would be a huge disappointment. I think 9-7 would certainly keep Jauron in his job for another year, and rightfully so. After that, however, the playoffs are a must or he is out.

I won't. Not with that mostly peanut schedule we are playing 8 games against teams picking in the top ten this year (counting SF) We have a monday night game against a team i feel is a little overatted heading into the season. If we win less that 11 games ill be disapointed

I won't. Not with that mostly peanut schedule we are playing 8 games against teams picking in the top ten this year (counting SF) We have a monday night game against a team i feel is a little overatted heading into the season. If we win less that 11 games ill be disapointed

Right. With this schedule we better be at least 6-2 at the halfway point. 11-5 is doable. This team has to stop losing the lead. Barring a rash of injuries (again) I see no reason to expect less.

PTR

Ever wonder why good teams are good teams.............THEY KEEP THEIR COACHES FOR MORE THAN 4 YEARS NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!! See Colts (Dungy), Pats* (Belicheat), Steelers (Cowher), Eagles (Reid), Seahawks (Holmgren), and Jaguars (Del Rio). WE NEED TO KEEP HIM!

Ever wonder why good teams are good teams.............THEY KEEP THEIR COACHES FOR MORE THAN 4 YEARS NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!! See Colts (Dungy), Pats* (Belicheat), Steelers (Cowher), Eagles (Reid), Seahawks (Holmgren), and Jaguars (Del Rio). WE NEED TO KEEP HIM!

NO MATTER WHAT???? All the teams & coaches you have named have been successful. If a coach (& front office) can't get it done in 4 years they should be gone.

Are you counting both San Francisco and New England*? It should probably be either one or the other.

I guess standards are slightly low already, and we're four months away from the start of a new season.

When you sign three new defensive players, two who address significant needs, you up the ante significantly.

This defense has few excuses in my book. Finally the front seven has some reinforcements, and there are no excuses this year. There shouldn't be too many more 120+ rush yards allowed per game efforts either. There's a DT on this team bigger than 300 lbs, and isn't that what's been preached on this board for quite some time?

On offense, nothing has been done to improve a 30th ranked squad which now has a rookie OC, 2nd year QB, a workhorse RB, no decent TE, a new OL coach, a good but not great OL, and exactly one dependable receiving threat. Then again, we'll find some rookies who'll come in and produce like veterans. That seems to be the rallying cry each year.

9-7 and no playoffs? How about no more excuses because most Bills fans have heard it all by this point. I cannot fathom the thought of going into 2009 with the chance to make it 10 years without a postseason appearance.

It's been said many times that the Dick Jauron story always ends poorly. How much more does a HC need than 3 drafts, 3 free agencies, and 48 games to prove his mettle? Apparently some would anoint DJ as HC for life, with results optional.

I guess standards are slightly low already, and we're four months away from the start of a new season.

When you sign three new defensive players, two who address significant needs, you up the ante significantly.

This defense has few excuses in my book. Finally the front seven has some reinforcements, and there are no excuses this year. There shouldn't be too many more 120+ rush yards allowed per game efforts either. There's a DT on this team bigger than 300 lbs, and isn't that what's been preached on this board for quite some time?

On offense, nothing has been done to improve a 30th ranked squad which now has a rookie OC, 2nd year QB, a workhorse RB, no decent TE, a new OL coach, a good but not great OL, and exactly one dependable receiving threat. Then again, we'll find some rookies who'll come in and produce like veterans. That seems to be the rallying cry each year.

9-7 and no playoffs? How about no more excuses because most Bills fans have heard it all by this point. I cannot fathom the thought of going into 2009 with the chance to make it 10 years without a postseason appearance.

It's been said many times that the Dick Jauron story always ends poorly. How much more does a HC need than 3 drafts, 3 free agencies, and 48 games to prove his mettle? Apparently some would anoint DJ as HC for life, with results optional.

An easy case can be made that the Bills have been constrained by player talent the past couple years. If the front office corrects that, and it looks like the talent is improving, expect DJ to become the constraint. Once that happens, he'll be gone or should be. You can only win so many games with the "keep the game close until the end and hope to win it" approach that he deploys.

We aren't better than San Diego, New England, Indianapolis, Pittsburgh, Cleveland or Jacksonville. Sorry, no playoffs this year. Trent needs to improve a lot, Lynch needs to learn to block, Parrish needs to learn the WR position from scratch, Walker needs a stronger body and Walker needs to be tougher. And thats just the offense.

On defense, we need for Stroud not to be our best DL by far and we need the secondary to cover people better

<_<

You mean when Schonert filled in briefly as the play-caller in his whistle stop with the Saints?

Shame on you sir! To suggest anything less than an 11-5 season is Outrageous!

I dare say, you have taken leave of your faculties. I shoud expect that you recant your scurrilous and utterly preposterous remarks by mid season. GOOD DAY TO YOU SIR.

Chicken & egg.

Do you realize that last years bottom 10 finished with 3 winning records(10,9,9wins).....3 8-8 records & a 7-9?

2006s bottom 10 finished with 2 winning records(10,10wins).....2 8-8 records & 2 7-9

2005s bottom 10 finished with 5 winning records(11,11,10,9,9 wins)

Facing teams that didn't perform well the year before is certainly no guarantee for easy games.

My first reaction seeing the schedule was 9-7, but I see that as the minimum we should do for a successful season. A little more effort and some luck I can see the playoffs on the horizon. New England has lost some players, some (Brushci and Seau for two) on their very last legs and coming off a major super bowl loss. Its time to stand up to them. Okay, Okay...we see ourselves in the playoffs every year, but I don't see us that far away from it. Frankly my 9-7 was based on two losses to New England. We beat Goliath once (or twice) and play as we should I could easily see us in the playoffs.

Why can you accept no playoffs?

We are obviously folks who are content with (or are patient with) improvement, because we are still here after 7 seasons. All I have to do is watch that YouTube video of all the good plays from last season, and I become both hopeful and --dare I say--impatient. I won't accept mediocrity in ANY form this season. That includes drafting impact players, coaching to win, offensive imagination, putting players in plays that maximize specific talents, defensive relentlessness, and risk-taking.

Fairchild was with the team until the end of the season wasnt he? Schonert wasnt calling any plays from what I remember, Fairchild felt obligated to stay around since the Bills were in the hunt...and yeah, those plays against the Eagles were great

anything less then the Playoffs in year 3 of the Jauron era with this schedule is unacceptable