I can accept 9-7 and no playoffs ...

Ever wonder why good teams are good teams.............THEY KEEP THEIR COACHES FOR MORE THAN 4 YEARS NO MATTER WHAT!!!!!!! See Colts (Dungy), Pats* (Belicheat), Steelers (Cowher), Eagles (Reid), Seahawks (Holmgren), and Jaguars (Del Rio). WE NEED TO KEEP HIM!

ever wonder why those coaches stick around? maybe because they are good coaches and they get their teams to the playoffs

guess you were upset the Bills didnt keep Williams or Mularky for 4 years...it wouldnt have mattered if either of them were with the Bills for 8 years, they simply were not good head coaches

you keep the right coach, not any coach

vs. Seattle- this is close to a 50/50 game, but I give Seattle the edge. 0-1

@Jacksonville- I don't think we beat them. 0-2

vs. Oakland- I think they are tough defensively. We win a 4th quarter FG. 1-2

@ St. Louis- Again, a tougher team than people think. They will run on us and have home field 1-3

@Arizona- I expect a tight game with Lynch being the difference as we pull away late 2-3

vs San Diego- Won't be as good as last season, but they won't need to be 2-4

@Miami- They won't nearly be as bad as last year, and OL was tough. We lose on the road 2-5

vs. Jets- See above- we use home field and win on a late TD 3-5

@ New England- no comment 3-6

vs. Cleveland- we will stay close in the first half, but their firepower will be too much 3-7

at KC- they will use home field to keep it close, but no way 4-7

vs. San Fran- this is a 50/50 game if I ever saw one. Thankfully it is at home 5-7

vs. Miami- cold weather and strong running by Lynch 6-7

@NYJ- they have home field this time 6-8

@ Denver- tough place to play 6-9

@ New England 6-10

As long as Edwards, Lynch and Poz show improvement over the season, I will be satisfied

I dont disagree with you but unless major changes are made we have at least 8 games where we are clearly better

The Jets and Fishies have a lot of new players, while Miami has a completely new front office and coaching staff. San Fran and St. Louis have lost a bunch of 50/50 games the last 2 years, and I am not sure whether or not that will continue.

vs. Seattle- this is close to a 50/50 game, but I give Seattle the edge. 0-1

@Jacksonville- I don't think we beat them. 0-2

vs. Oakland- I think they are tough defensively. We win a 4th quarter FG. 1-2

@ St. Louis- Again, a tougher team than people think. They will run on us and have home field 1-3

@Arizona- I expect a tight game with Lynch being the difference as we pull away late 2-3

vs San Diego- Won't be as good as last season, but they won't need to be 2-4

@Miami- They won't nearly be as bad as last year, and OL was tough. We lose on the road 2-5

vs. Jets- See above- we use home field and win on a late TD 3-5

@ New England- no comment 3-6

vs. Cleveland- we will stay close in the first half, but their firepower will be too much 3-7

at KC- they will use home field to keep it close, but no way 4-7

vs. San Fran- this is a 50/50 game if I ever saw one. Thankfully it is at home 5-7

vs. Miami- cold weather and strong running by Lynch 6-7

@NYJ- they have home field this time 6-8

@ Denver- tough place to play 6-9

@ New England 6-10

As long as Edwards, Lynch and Poz show improvement over the season, I will be satisfied

At this point of the year it's a glass half full or galss half empty kind of discussion. I choose to see it that we have improved over last year's team more than Miami or New York have improved. We get two starters back from injury (Poz and Simpson) and have added at least two others who are significant upgrades in Stroud and Mitchell. I also see a new CB coming in two weeks. So for me our defense is better.

Offensively we'll see a new system so it remains to be seen how it will be implemented or if it's any good. Regardless of that our OL has another year together which is good - stability across the OL helps tremendously. Edwards has a full off-season of prep under his belt and got good game experience last year. I choose to believe that our new offense will build off his strengths and reduce the 5 and 7 step drops. I also choose to believe that Parrish will touch the ball more and that TEs will be targets in the passing game. I also see that a FB on the roster and elmination of the crappy H-Backs will improve our power running and pass blocking.

Given this more positive outlook here's how I see the year.

Seattle. 50/50 shot Seattle is on the downswing IMO, we're on the up. Tight game. I say we win late. 1-0

@ Jacksonville. Tough match. It will be hot and they will run. We lose. 1-1

Oakland. Oakland has a decent D but so will we. We win this game. 2-1

@St. Louis. I like our matchup vs. their O-line. i think we dominate the LOS on both sides. Win 3-1

@Arizona. Long trip, lots of weapons, underrated d. we lose this one 3-2

San Diego I think San Diego is down this year. Rivers' knee isn't right. LT hits the downslope. Win but it's close. 4-2

@ Miami. They were better than a 1 win team but we improved more than them. Win going away 5-2

Jets They still don't have a QB, they spent a lot of money but I don't think they're much better. Win. 6-2

@ New England - we're better but not yet. Loss 6-3 and it might get ugly.

Cleveland - By this time we'll know if last year was a fluke. I think they were real. Loss in a barn burner 6-4

@ KC - tough venue but they stink out loud. Win in an ugly game. 7-4

San Fran - long trip to see us, Gore will be beaten up by now. We'll run on them. Win 8-4

Miami - Miami still stinks. Win 9-4

@ Jets - always a tough trip for us, wind is a factor. I say we win. 10-4

@ Denver - loss I'll never pick us to win there...ever... 10-5

New England - this game will likely determine the division. We're still not ready for prime time 10-6