Let me be the first to say it

eball

The combined record of the Bills' 2008 opponents, sans New England, was a paltry 0.371 last season. The schedule is favorable in many ways -- no 3-game road trips, a relatively "easy" start, and heavy on divisional matchups late in the season when the team "should" be clicking. Also, it has been confirmed by Chris Brown that no Bills' opponent plays Buffalo after their bye week.

With a solid draft and some good luck on the injury front, the Bills have no excuses for not finishing at least 11-5 and ending the longest playoff drought in team history.

Am I the only one who believes "strength of schedule" is one of the most worthless things on which to base any topic? Nothing personal, eball, but we're not playing last year's rosters, so last year's win/loss stats are worthless to this year's team.

Why do people keep bringing this incredibly deceiving stat into conversations?

Am I the only one who believes "strength of schedule" is one of the most worthless things on which to base any topic? Nothing personal, eball, but we're not playing last year's rosters, so last year's win/loss stats are worthless to this year's team.

Who would we rather play -- playoff teams from last year, or also-rans? Sure, some of the bad teams will improve, but will they suddenly become the Pats*? Unlikely.

It's not the be-all-end-all stat some would have you believe, but geez -- 0.371 sucks. The Bills have got to take advantage of that.

Who would we rather play -- playoff teams from last year, or also-rans?

If the team can't figure out how to beat NE* at least once, or really win the winnable games against the Lions or Browns of the world, or close out a 24-13 lead going into the fourth quarter in a home game, it doesn't matter what the records were on the other side of the ball the previous year.

In 2006, the Browns were 4-12. The Giants were 8-8. The Broncos were 9-7. No playoffs for any of them in 2006. But three critical Bills losses in 2007.

There's a difference between getting beat and losing, and until we can beat the teams we're supposed to beat, or take advantage of a special situation like the game against Dallas last year, then it's all just a waste of a discussion.

If the team can't figure out how to beat NE* at least once, or really win the winnable games against the Lions or Browns of the world, or close out a 24-13 lead going into the fourth quarter in a home game, it doesn't matter what the records were on the other side of the ball the previous year.

In 2006, the Browns were 4-12. The Giants were 8-8. The Broncos were 9-7. No playoffs for any of them in 2006. But three critical Bills losses in 2007.

There's a difference between getting beat and losing, and until we can beat the teams we're supposed to beat, or take advantage of a special situation like the game against Dallas last year, then it's all just a waste of a discussion.

I hear what you're saying. I suppose that inherent in my original post is the notion that this is now the third year of the Jauron regime and there are truly "no excuses" other than going out and doing just what you suggest -- beating the teams you should beat and moving on. No longer can we say "these aren't Jauron's players" or they have to "learn a new system." There is some continuity that, when combined with a very favorable schedule (non-playoff teams), leads to my assessment that 2008 is put-up-or-shut-up time for these Bills.

I hear what you're saying. I suppose that inherent in my original post is the notion that this is now the third year of the Jauron regime and there are truly "no excuses" other than going out and doing just what you suggest -- beating the teams you should beat and moving on. No longer can we say "these aren't Jauron's players" or they have to "learn a new system."

I agree with all of this. My biggest fear where our team is concerned this year is that we shiit the bed, don't make the playoffs, and have to start over again with new coaches.

The combined record of the Bills' 2008 opponents, sans New England, was a paltry 0.371 last season. The schedule is favorable in many ways -- no 3-game road trips, a relatively "easy" start, and heavy on divisional matchups late in the season when the team "should" be clicking. Also, it has been confirmed by Chris Brown that no Bills' opponent plays Buffalo after their bye week.

With a solid draft and some good luck on the injury front, the Bills have no excuses for not finishing at least 11-5 and ending the longest playoff drought in team history.

A gift for Ralph, eh? Buyer's (CBA) remorse?, eh? <_<

I agree with all of this. My biggest fear where our team is concerned this year is that we shiit the bed, don't make the playoffs, and have to start over again with new coaches.

Amen. I'm trying to convince myself that's just not an option.

Make sure to let those teams remember to stay bad..................

<_<

We still win though. I think we actually win because our defense is going over the top this year and our offense improves marginally.