Barack Obama hates Pennsylvanians

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He probably fell into a few potholes or got stuck in a two-hour delay in one of the never-ending road construction projects they have there. I could never figure out why the whole state highway system ALWAYS seemed to be under construction and then lo! one day I read of the big scandal about the road contracts etc. It seems like much of that construction wasn't even really needed... tsk tsk.

Very good reason to hate PA. Of course Obama never said he hated PA, but if he did, I'd understand why. I've been to Scranton you see.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/20...a-explains.html

We already knew GW hates black people, but it appears Mr Congeniality is not to fond of people from the state where I was born and raised.

I think he just misunderstands it.

In the world of politcs Pennsylvania is known as "Pittburgh and Philadelphia with Alabama inbetween".

He probably fell into a few potholes or got stuck in a two-hour delay in one of the never-ending road construction projects they have there. I could never figure out why the whole state highway system ALWAYS seemed to be under construction and then lo! one day I read of the big scandal about the road contracts etc. It seems like much of that construction wasn't even really needed... tsk tsk.

Very good reason to hate PA. Of course Obama never said he hated PA, but if he did, I'd understand why. I've been to Scranton you see.

Back home in Erie the 4 seasons were:

Winter

Almost Winter

Still Winter

Road Construction

So, if one of us says the "...religion, bitter...anti-immigration...." thing, we're cute, or offering a true snapshot of some in PA. If Obama says similar things, he's dissin' all Americans....?

The field ain't zackly level, is it?

Soooo.....where's the misunderstanding?

He didn't play to his audience like Hillary is doing.

On a recent campaign stop Hillary:

described herself as a pro-gun churchgoer, recalling that her father taught her how to shoot a gun when she was a young girl and said that her faith “is the faith of my parents and my grandparents.”

Bubba, Hillary, Guns and Church.

I think it is a bit of an overblown statement. Seriously, there are a lot of disenfranchised bitter people that hate the system, and he did make a good point to say that they have fallen through the cracks of the last two administrations. Besides, I take nothing from the Huffington Post too seriously, as it clearly has a conservative bias.

Point that the Post has no grounding in reality: They took a Daily Show segment that ripped on Fox News seriously

How's does the pony express get in those canoes to pick up your mail? :sick:

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

The canoes come up the river from the Pony Express outpost in Olean. Besides, we got this here Internet thingy now...

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

The canoes come up the river from the Pony Express outpost in Olean. Besides, we got this here Internet thingy now...

I actually thought he was doing pretty good until he got to the "clinging to their religion and guns" faux paux. :sick:

I actually thought he was doing pretty good until he got to the "clinging to their religion and guns" faux paux. :sick:

For someone who neither owns a firearm nor worships any god, I get tired of being told those are the reasons I registered as a Republican. (And no, just because there's an R after my name in the registration book doesn't mean I voted for Bush II, either. It means I like voting in primaries that actually mean something, in a district where Rs outnumber Ds by 45,000 votes.)

Bitter? You make the call.

I think it is a bit of an overblown statement. Seriously, there are a lot of disenfranchised bitter people that hate the system, and he did make a good point to say that they have fallen through the cracks of the last two administrations. Besides, I take nothing from the Huffington Post too seriously, as it clearly has a conservative bias.

Point that the Post has no grounding in reality: They took a Daily Show segment that ripped on Fox News seriously

Please tell me this was sarcasm...

For someone who neither owns a firearm nor worships any god, I get tired of being told those are the reasons I registered as a Republican. (And no, just because there's an R after my name in the registration book doesn't mean I voted for Bush II, either. It means I like voting in primaries that actually mean something, in a district where Rs outnumber Ds by 45,000 votes.)

Bitter? You make the call.

I just wish the Conservative movement (small gov't, lower taxes, less gov't intervention) was strong enough that it didn't need to be bedfellows with the religious Right.

The religious big-motherment side of the Reps that legislates morality is frankly a lot scarier to me than the Dem version of motherment that spends us into oblivion in social welfare programs.

I am leaning McCain at this point. I like him better than Bush, Bush, Kerry, or Gore.

He's the only candidate who's a free trader. Check.

He's the best of all 3 for saying no to special interests. Check.

He (reluctantly) wants to keep the Bush tax cuts. Check.

He wants to stay in Iraq forever if necessary. Big Uncheck.

John McCain. Not perfect, but palatable. (He can feel free to use that line if he wants.)

I just wish the Conservative movement (small gov't, lower taxes, less gov't intervention) was strong enough that it didn't need to be bedfellows with the religious Right.

The religious big-motherment side of the Reps that legislates morality is frankly a lot scarier to me than the Dem version of motherment that spends us into oblivion in social welfare programs.

I am leaning McCain at this point. I like him better than Bush, Bush, Kerry, or Gore.

He wants to stay in Iraq forever if necessary. Big Uncheck.

John McCain. Not perfect, but palatable. (He can feel free to use that line if he wants.)

He proposed a bill allowing illegal aliens who are gang members to become citizens. Check. :rolleyes:

He proposed a bill allowing illegal aliens who are gang members to become citizens. Check. :rolleyes:

I am wondering if that's the way the bill is worded.

His immigration stance is not exactly aligned with mine. But I'm not as hard-lined as others. Immigration, like abortion (and space exploration on his "issues page), is not one of my hot buttons this time around.

el oh el. Mister Adams, do you really expect any of them to stop?

This is a BAD way to determine a candidate.

Does he want to spend more than he takes in? Check.

Sorry, can't vote for him.

el oh el. Mister Adams, do you really expect any of them to stop?

This is a BAD way to determine a candidate.

He has a record. I like that.

Does he want to spend more than he takes in? Check.

Sorry, can't vote for him.

I haven't see his budget proposal. Nor have you.

Vote for who you want. No candidate is perfect. That's human nature.

I am wondering if that's the way the bill is worded.

His immigration stance is not exactly aligned with mine. But I'm not as hard-lined as others. Immigration, like abortion (and space exploration on his "issues page), is not one of my hot buttons this time around.

Truthfully, I didn't read the bill and learned of this on the radio (probably Laura Ingraham).

Supposedly, if a person had a misdemeanor and renounced their gang in any language, said person could become a citizen. I cannot support this stance and will probably not vote, for the first time in decades.

I haven't see his budget proposal. Nor have you.

Don't need to. He's a Republican - he won't balance the budget.

Vote for who you want. No candidate is perfect. That's human nature.

If you keep votin' for em, they'll keep on being the same.

Truthfully, I didn't read the bill and learned of this on the radio (probably Laura Ingraham).

Supposedly, if a person had a misdemeanor and renounced their gang in any language, said person could become a citizen. I cannot support this stance and will probably not vote, for the first time in decades.

McCain-Kennedy Bill of 2005

Don't see anything that reads remotely like that...though admittedly, I only scanned the bill quickly.

And there are two later bills, the content of which I do not know, that are based on the McCain-Kennedy bill...but I don't beileve either of those was introduced by McCain.

If you keep votin' for em, they'll keep on being the same.

I see McCain as less of "em" than others. If I vote for McCain, it will be the second time I've ever voted for a major party candidate in a pres election. The point being that the party I agree with the most--Libertarians--are obnoxiously unrealistic in their plans. I can't stomach them at times, and this is one of those times. So I lean towards McCain.

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/20...a-explains.html

We already knew GW hates black people, but it appears Mr Congeniality is not to fond of people from the state where I was born and raised.

He said something like bitter people often cling to guns and religion, right? (Not sure anyone has the exact quote--seems like the two articles I read were paraphrasing.)

He said something like bitter people often cling to guns and religion, right? (Not sure anyone has the exact quote--seems like the two articles I read were paraphrasing.)

"You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them…And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

"You go into these small towns in Pennsylvania and, like a lot of small towns in the Midwest, the jobs have been gone now for 25 years and nothing's replaced them…And they fell through the Clinton administration, and the Bush administration, and each successive administration has said that somehow these communities are gonna regenerate and they have not. And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations."

So they're acting like "typical white people"? :thumbsup:

Hmm. He and Hill are anti-free trade so is he bitter too? I really see this as less of an issue than it's made out to be.

Hmm. He and Hill are anti-free trade so is he bitter too? I really see this as less of an issue than it's made out to be.

Not an issue? That's quite a stereotype of people living in rural areas. Would love to see a white politician say something similar about black city folk.

Not an issue? That's quite a stereotype of people living in rural areas. Would love to see a white politician say something similar about black city folk.

Is small town America largely:

(1) pro-gun

(2) anti-free trade

(3) religious?

And I've heard plenty of white politicians make generalizations about the "plight of the inner city" (read: blacks). Whenever someone tries to paint with too broad a brush, they piss some people off.

Is small town America largely:

(1) pro-gun

(2) anti-free trade

(3) religious?

And I've heard plenty of white politicians make generalizations about the "plight of the inner city" (read: blacks). Whenever someone tries to paint with too broad a brush, they piss some people off.

You forgot that part about being bitter. Calling someone bitter is not very flattering in my mind.

I love Hillary...

How dare you Obama. Ooops, my senior Adviser was just making deals with Columbia.

I hate guns, I love guns.

I love Walmart, I hate Walmart

I love Blue Collar people and Labor, I Love NAFTA, I have NAFTA.

I wish she would just make up her mind so I would know which Hillary to dislike more.

I love Hillary...

How dare you Obama. Ooops, my senior Adviser was just making deals with Columbia.

I wish she would just make up her mind so I would know which Hillary to dislike more.

when your candidate fails, attempt to redirect topic

I love Hillary...

All she needs is "a plan" and three Purple Hearts...