How do you like THIS Bills mock!?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Check it out folks,

Round 1, Pick 11: Brandon Albert, G, Virginia. This guy makes our O-line top notch, turns Marshawn Lynch into the AFC's leading rusher and helps protect Trent Edwards.

Round 2, Pick 41: Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma. I know, shut up. Big possession WR, good value here too. Red zone target starts immediately opposite Lee Evans.

Round 3, Pick 72: Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa. Good player, fills a need, should compete for starting spot oppositie Terrence McGee.

Round 4, Pick 114: Owen Schmitt, FB, West Virginia. A beast, just like Albert he will make our running game better, crushing people as the lead blocker for Lynch.

Round 4, Pick 132: Martin Rucker, TE, Missouri. A big guy who caught 84 balls last year. Helps our need for a pass-catching TE, and becomes a safety valve for Edwards.

Round 5, Pick 147: Wallace Gilberry, DE, Alabama. High character/motor guy. Played at in an elite program/conference. Ten sacks last year in the SEC.

What do you overly-critical people think of this? I think I covered all our needs here.

Like everyone has probably said before....WHY DO WE NEED A G! If anything it should be a WR or CB.

Check it out folks,

Round 1, Pick 11: Brandon Albert, G, Virginia. This guy makes our O-line top notch, turns Marshawn Lynch into the AFC's leading rusher and helps protect Trent Edwards.

Round 2, Pick 41: Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma. I know, shut up. Big possession WR, good value here too. Red zone target starts immediately opposite Lee Evans.....I like Early Doucet here instead

Round 3, Pick 72: Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa. Good player, fills a need, should compete for starting spot oppositie Terrence McGee.....Like John Carlson TE here

Round 4, Pick 114: Owen Schmitt, FB, West Virginia. A beast, just like Albert he will make our running game better, crushing people as the lead blocker for Lynch....i like this but maybe with the second 4th rounder instead

Round 4, Pick 132: Martin Rucker, TE, Missouri. A big guy who caught 84 balls last year. Helps our need for a pass-catching TE, and becomes a safety valve for Edwards....not bad..if Bills dont take a TE in round 2 or 3 this looks good for the first 4th round pick..otherwise I like CB - Chevis Jackson at #114 and Schmitt at 132

Round 5, Pick 147: Wallace Gilberry, DE, Alabama. High character/motor guy. Played at in an elite program/conference. Ten sacks last year in the SEC....dont know much about this guy so if Bills dont grab Harvey in the first this could look good otherwise I like OG/OT - Chad Rinehart here.

What do you overly-critical people think of this? I think I covered all our needs here.

Check it out folks,

Round 2, Pick 41: Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma. I know, shut up. Big possession WR, good value here too. Red zone target starts immediately opposite Lee Evans.

Round 3, Pick 72: Charles Godfrey, CB, Iowa. Good player, fills a need, should compete for starting spot oppositie Terrence McGee.

Round 4, Pick 114: Owen Schmitt, FB, West Virginia. A beast, just like Albert he will make our running game better, crushing people as the lead blocker for Lynch.

Round 4, Pick 132: Martin Rucker, TE, Missouri. A big guy who caught 84 balls last year. Helps our need for a pass-catching TE, and becomes a safety valve for Edwards.

Round 5, Pick 147: Wallace Gilberry, DE, Alabama. High character/motor guy. Played at in an elite program/conference. Ten sacks last year in the SEC.

Probably the best one I have seen thus far. :cry:

I would love to come here and hear people whine about allocating yet more money and top resources to the OL. Most fans will never understand that great teams are built with big guys, not little 1st round defensive backs who leave town just the second they can, only to be replaced by another little first round defensive back in a merry go-round of stupidity.

This is the recipe for losing, and the Bills have been master chefs at doing so. :lol:

Probably the best one I have seen thus far. :cry:

I would love to come hear and hear people whine about allocating yet more money and top resources to the OL. Most fans will never understand that great teams are built with big guys, not little 1st round defensive backs who leave town just the second they can, only to be replaced by another little first round defensive back in a merry go-round of stupidity.

This is the recipe for losing, and the Bills have been master chefs at doing so. :lol:

Cohesion from the top down (ownership/management/coaching) is actually the foundation for a top quality team that can compete for/win a championship. I cannot think of any championship team in recent memory where that relationship was unstable.

Check it out folks,

Really good guards are always available in the late first round and in the second round. Really good DL go quickly in the first half of the first round every year. This is our last chance, "hopefully" to draft in the first half of the first round for the next few years.

When is the last time any team drafted 5 immediate starters with their first 5 picks? While you may have guessed right on all the picks, the odds say you wonb't get any of them right.

On a side note, if Rucker is such a great talent to be an immediate starter, why on Earth is he lasting until the 4th round?

Check it out folks,

Albert will be gone before The Bills Pick at #11...His stock is absolutely soaring...Mayock says He is the best OL He has ever seen in the open Field...That's right He said "The best I have EVER seen." Mayock and Charles Davis talk to A LOT of NFL Scouts and Albert's name is coming up constantly now in the Top 10 talk...Both of them have Albert in their Top 10, and He figures to eventually end up at LT in the NFL...So keep that in mind when considering where he will be Drafted... :cry:

When is the last time any team drafted 5 immediate starters with their first 5 picks? While you may have guessed right on all the picks, the odds say you wonb't get any of them right.

On a side note, if Rucker is such a great talent to be an immediate starter, why on Earth is he lasting until the 4th round?

Pittsburgh has 31 draft choices on its roster, including 23 from the top four rounds.

Jacksonville had 36 drafted players on its roster at the end of the 2007 season.

Rucker is a marginal blocker, and has the lowest ypc of the top 8 TE's. He's 4th Rounder material.

This is just a mock for fun, I wanted to make a realistic mock that covered my team's needs. All of these guys are in the rounds where they are projected to go in.

Rucker isn't that great of a talent; he needs to bulk up, speed is average, blocking not that great, and a little inconsistent. He's probably the sixth or seventh best TE in the draft. Davis, Keller, Carlson, Bennett, and Cottam will all go before him. I just like him because he has good hands and caught a lot of balls, which is what we need. Nobody's gonna mistake him for Antonio Gates.

Pittsburgh has 31 draft choices on its roster, including 23 from the top four rounds.

Jacksonville had 36 drafted players on its roster at the end of the 2007 season.

Rucker is a marginal blocker, and has the lowest ypc of the top 8 TE's. He's 4th Rounder material.

No offense to you Astro, but will people please quit saying he can't block..........he was NEVER asked to block on the line in Mizzou's Spread Offense. He was always blocking downfield for his fellow teamates and did a damn good job at it. Just because he didn't line up next to a tackle doesn't mean he won't be able to at the next level, Ruck will turn himself into a good blocker he's one of those guys who will have a chip on his shoulder just because people are saying he can't be a complete TE. The guy brings an incredible amount of intangibles too......great character, awesome leader, and VERY firey competitor.............I'll take him over any TE in this years draft.

I dont know about Malcolm Kelly anymore................

Anything can happen with that kid right now. I wouldnt be shocked if he didnt go until later 2nd. I think a red flag has gone way up on him right now. If the reports are true he is having another workout, what happens if he has a bad workout then aswell.....and to hear NO NFL scouts will be allowed to attend.......not a wise decision.

they denied the no scouts thing. scouts will be allowed to watch, although he is going to run on turf which makes no sense.

No offense to you Astro, but will people please quit saying he can't block..........he was NEVER asked to block on the line in Mizzou's Spread Offense. He was always blocking downfield for his fellow teamates and did a damn good job at it. Just because he didn't line up next to a tackle doesn't mean he won't be able to at the next level, Ruck will turn himself into a good blocker he's one of those guys who will have a chip on his shoulder just because people are saying he can't be a complete TE. The guy brings an incredible amount of intangibles too......great character, awesome leader, and VERY firey competitor.............I'll take him over any TE in this years draft.

You think he's a Mizzou fan?

LOL, just kidding. Mizzou had a great year and this guy caught 84 balls. That said, I've read that he's kinda soft, plays a finesse game, and isn't all that aggressive. Any truth?

Cohesion from the top down (ownership/management/coaching) is actually the foundation for a top quality team that can compete for/win a championship. I cannot think of any championship team in recent memory where that relationship was unstable.

Nor can I. It is interesting how much better the giants got when they got rid a divisve, whining Tiki Barber. I totally agree with you.

In that sense, it looks bad. Jauron was probably hired because he is a defensive backs coach, and agreed with Marv about stupidly wasting the early part of the 06 draft by concentrating on the secondary, and throwing away a first day pick while doing so. He certainly didn't get the job based on his coaching record, because it sucked then, and it sucks now.

I think that the 07 offseason was great. Truthfully, I am still shocked by it. In this sense, I suppose it is a coin toss as to whether or not Jauron wants to waste yet another draft chasing after corners and safeties. He may still feel the need, whereas Simpson is unproven at best, and Youboty might actually suck. Imo, doing so would surely be a continuation of Jauron's "playing not to lose" mentality, and will result in setting back the franchise, hopefully not beyond repair.

The frustrating part is that I think the Bills are actually close to being a playoff team. They need more pass rush, people who can catch, and depth on the OL to take it to the next level. If Jauron is smart enough to not waste our best resources on less important positions, I think that we will have a decent chance this year.

I have my fingers crossed, but more idiocy from Jauron would not jar me all that much. Ya know what I mean? :sick:

Not bad. I like the idea of Malcolm Kelly in the second. He might come into the NFL with something to prove- like Thurman. That video of Thurman on draft day was brutal. Thurman remembered and made a lot of teams regret passing on him. Maybe Kelly will too

Albert will be gone before The Bills Pick at #11...His stock is absolutely soaring...Mayock says He is the best OL He has ever seen in the open Field...That's right He said "The best I have EVER seen." Mayock and Charles Davis talk to A LOT of NFL Scouts and Albert's name is coming up constantly now in the Top 10 talk...Both of them have Albert in their Top 10, and He figures to eventually end up at LT in the NFL...So keep that in mind when considering where he will be Drafted... :sick:

Mayocks comments:

O/Line

Brandon Albert, Virginia

6-5 1/2, 309

40 time: 5.17

Projected round: 1

Mayock: "He's the seventh-best player on my board. He's been a guard his whole career, but whoever drafts him probably is going to move him to left tackle. There's a huge buzz about this guy. I think he's going to be the best left tackle in the entire draft 5 years from now. Great feet, 35-inch arms."

Check it out folks,

I like it a lot.....I'd think that if we did grab Albert at #11 we would trade up into the late 1st(ala McCargo) to grab one of the WRs.