How do you like THIS Bills mock!?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pittsburgh has 31 draft choices on its roster, including 23 from the top four rounds.

Jacksonville had 36 drafted players on its roster at the end of the 2007 season.

You are talking about a completely seperate issue. Those teams did well with their first day picks, but how many of their starters (outside of #1 picks, who are expected to contribute right away) drafted in rounds 2-4 started immediately after their first training camp? I'm guessing a handful, at best.

Nor can I. It is interesting how much better the giants got when they got rid a divisve, whining Tiki Barber. I totally agree with you.

In that sense, it looks bad. Jauron was probably hired because he is a defensive backs coach, and agreed with Marv about stupidly wasting the early part of the 06 draft by concentrating on the secondary, and throwing away a first day pick while doing so. He certainly didn't get the job based on his coaching record, because it sucked then, and it sucks now.

I think that the 07 offseason was great. Truthfully, I am still shocked by it. In this sense, I suppose it is a coin toss as to whether or not Jauron wants to waste yet another draft chasing after corners and safeties. He may still feel the need, whereas Simpson is unproven at best, and Youboty might actually suck. Imo, doing so would surely be a continuation of Jauron's "playing not to lose" mentality, and will result in setting back the franchise, hopefully not beyond repair.

The frustrating part is that I think the Bills are actually close to being a playoff team. They need more pass rush, people who can catch, and depth on the OL to take it to the next level. If Jauron is smart enough to not waste our best resources on less important positions, I think that we will have a decent chance this year.

I have my fingers crossed, but more idiocy from Jauron would not jar me all that much. Ya know what I mean? :sick:

Yes. I know exactly what you mean.