Malcolm Kelly works out today.

PIZ

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

When will we hear results from his workout? Are there any links out there that keep track of stuff like this?

I've been searching for the results all day. I tore my mcl and have the day off :thumbsup: listening to sirius, they will report it...

Early reports have Oklahoma WR Malcolm Kelly running a 4.75 today in his pro day. Kelly had a quad tear and was unable to workout for pro scouts since the end of the college season.

Yeah that is real slow... but I would galdly pick him up in rd 3... His size and ability to shield defenders is what will allow him to be successful in the NFL. He has a great pair of hands.

So if we pick up a Devin Thomas in rd 1 and somehow Kelly falls to us in rd 3 we will have a nice core of WR's IMO. If Evans leavs next year we will still be in decent shape WR wise...

Yeah that is real slow... but I would galdly pick him up in rd 3... His size and ability to shield defenders is what will allow him to be successful in the NFL. He has a great pair of hands.

So if we pick up a Devin Thomas in rd 1 and somehow Kelly falls to us in rd 3 we will have a nice core of WR's IMO. If Evans leavs next year we will still be in decent shape WR wise...

In any event, I think it more or less forces the Bills hand at 11, provided they have 1st round grades on Sweed and/or Thomas. The field of WRs in the first 2-3 rounds has been thinned considerably with the problems of Bowman, Manningham and possibly Hardy, and now Kelly turning in a horrid 40. The odds are starting to stack considerably against finding a good prospect to fill that need for a big, physical #2 WR outside of R1.

Wow.

I guess that answers the question of whether or not he's worth the 11th pick.

I'm shocked. I thought he would do better than that. I still think he gets nabbed in the 2nd round, but that puts him well behind DeSean Jackson, Devin Thomas & Limas Sweed now.

Kelly wont be there in the 2nd- I honestly think the skins will take him at 20 or the titans at 24. After that 40 time he is not worth taking before that but I just cant see him slipping to round 2 either. I think that moves Jackson from Cal to the top receiver on the board. He is only 5'9 but has the return skills that teams are looking for. We already have that in Rosco and McGee. I think the Bills look to another position in rd 1.