Does a WR help us stop Tom Brady?

No. But a consistent pass rush will. And anyone who watched what the Giants did to Brady in the Super Bowl has to agree.

Therefore, the Bills' first pick has to be Derrick Harvey!

A very good WR will be available in the second round - maybe even Malcolm Kelly after his runs a sh------- 40 this week.

Maybe Kelly or Thomas falls to us in the 2nd round like Kelsay did.

WR, CB, DE...I don't believe that any of them will help us 'stop' the Patriots.

Honestly, I'm more concerned about the Jets and Dolphins, as well as the other 10 teams on the schedule than I am the Patriots. I don't think that this team is realistically ready to compete with the Pats for a division title. IMO, I think that an improved offense, particularly the receiving corps, will provide much more 'bang for the buck' than another defensive addition this year and enable this team to be more competitive on a week-to-week basis and not just against one team.

As I stated in another thread, the Giants actually allowed more TD passes than the entire Bills offense scored passing AND rushing last year. This team isn't going to win on a consistent basis until it can score even a modest 20 ppg.

That said, I'm not sure I'd pick WR #1, but it has nothing to do with the Patriots and more about the WRs in this draft.

No. But a consistent pass rush will. And anyone who watched what the Giants did to Brady in the Super Bowl has to agree.

A very good WR will be available in the second round - maybe even Malcolm Kelly after his runs a sh------- 40 this week.

DE is#1 priority...with big WR close second

Honestly, I'm more concerned about the Jets and Dolphins, as well as the other 10 teams on the schedule than I am the Patriots. I don't think that this team is realistically ready to compete with the Pats for a division title. IMO, I think that an improved offense, particularly the receiving corps, will provide much more 'bang for the buck' than another defensive addition this year and enable this team to be more competitive on a week-to-week basis and not just against one team.

As I stated in another thread, the Giants actually allowed more TD passes than the entire Bills offense scored passing AND rushing last year. This team isn't going to win on a consistent basis until it can score even a modest 20 ppg.

That said, I'm not sure I'd pick WR #1, but it has nothing to do with the Patriots and more about the WRs in this draft.

that was the most intelligent thing i've read all day. I've read a lot today :unsure:

What you say is very true. If Harvey turns out to be a great player---that will help us get much closer to the pats though.

Very well put.. Also, a better receiving corps can keep drives alive keeping our defense off the field; thus keeping elite opposing QBs such as Tom Brady (who you will never fully stop) on the bench.

Very well put.. Also, a better receiving corps can keep drives alive keeping our defense off the field; thus keeping elite opposing QBs such as Tom Brady (who you will never fully stop) on the bench.

Yeah tru but our pass rush is comically bad. We need to address it.

What you say is very true. If Harvey turns out to be a great player---that will help us get much closer to the pats though.

True, but I also believe that's true of any position the Bills select at #11. On the other hand, my expectations for the pick, regardless of the position, are for a 'very good' player but not a true difference-maker, simply because its rare to find one wherever you're picking. If Vernon Gholston were on the board at 11, I think it would be a no-brainer to pick him. Harvey? I'm not as convinced as many seem to be.

I don't like the idea of investing too heavily in a new DE at this point when we don't yet know what our existing DEs can do with improved play in the middle. This includes contribution from a guy (Stroud) who will likely be double-teamed and take a lot of the focus off the edge. If we still suck in the middle after these changes, then we can get our hot shot DE next year. It's not like we've got Tweedledum and Tweedledee out there...these DEs are more than capable.

I'm not against taking a DE in round 1, but something's gotta be done about the offense at some point. Holding the pats* to 27 instead of 50 is great, but doesnt matter if we're still only scoring 13 ppg.

I understand your point but a wide reciever could help us beat Tom Brady in two scenarios. 1) Converting 3rd downs - keeps Tom Brady off the field. 2) Help us get a lead and the defense can send the rush.

That is the correct answer. A good WR, on this particular team, helps us beat Tom Brady and any other team more than any other position, except perhaps a good TE. A good WR on this team is the equivalent of a good DE being personally responsible for getting 2-3 three-and-outs on defense, since the other team is going to get 2-3 less possessions a game if we convert a few first downs. Not to mention playing with a lead. Not to mention that it helps the run game.

ExpertOpinion also said that the Bills #1 priority should be a pass rusher.

I agree that the draft isn't about the Pats, it's about the Bills. I think that any player who helps this team improve helps us beat Brady and whoever else we face. We need a WR, CB, DE but we're in a bad position this year. It doesn't look like there is a WR worth the 11th pick. We don't NEED a corner in round 1 and we don't NEED a defensive end in round 1, but we may end up taking one anyway to maximize the picks' value. The more I read/see/hear about Derrick Harvey, the less I like. Why does everyone think he is sack machine? DRC and Malcolm Kelly sound nice but are they really worth the 11th overall selection? I'm torn. I don't know what I want the team to do.

I don't like the idea of investing too heavily in a new DE at this point when we don't yet know what our existing DEs can do with improved play in the middle. This includes contribution from a guy (Stroud) who will likely be double-teamed and take a lot of the focus off the edge. If we still suck in the middle after these changes, then we can get our hot shot DE next year. It's not like we've got Tweedledum and Tweedledee out there...these DEs are more than capable.

*gasp*

No... no! Not a legitamite, well thought out, and senseful post!

What is TSW Coming to!?

What you said.