You've been a Bills fan for too long if...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're a LONG time Bills fan if ...

-

--- I say "Foley, McKenzie, Freuhauff, Adams & Greene" and you know I'm not talking about a law firm. (BONUS TRIVIA QUESTION FOR THE OLD-TIMERS: That was the starting line for a significant game in Bills history. Which game and why was it significant?)

-

--- Someone asks you in a trivia challenge which team won the last game the Bills ever played at the Rockpile, and you smile and just let everyone else try to answer the trick question ...

-

--- You pull out the stub from the first Monday Night Game in Buffalo (V. KC, 1973) and you look at the price and realize "Wow, I pay TWICE that much today to PARK!"

-

--- You feel that even - perhaps even especially - in today's ESPN-on-your-phone-ten-live-feeds-on-your-dish world, it'd still be great to hear Rick Azar do the late sports ...

-

--- This one's personal but it carbon-dates me well ... You were the paper boy that would hand Tom Sestak his Courier Express as he was opening up Sestak & McGuires ... Yes, the Courier Express.

-

--- The first time you met O.J. was at a signing of his book The Education Of A Rich Rookie.

-

--- And, for God's sake, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the red standing buffalo! In fact, you think it's one of the coolest, most easily identifiable, classic icons in sports.

Great friggin post...

I'll echo BLZFAN, it's wierd to feel young at 37 sometimes.

The Courier-Express, man that brings back memories. Tom Toles got his start there. We used to have his "gas-crisis" board game somewhere at my mom's house.

-

--- I say "Foley, McKenzie, Freuhauff, Adams & Greene" and you know I'm not talking about a law firm. (BONUS TRIVIA QUESTION FOR THE OLD-TIMERS: That was the starting line for a significant game in Bills history. Which game and why was it significant?)

-

--- Someone asks you in a trivia challenge which team won the last game the Bills ever played at the Rockpile, and you smile and just let everyone else try to answer the trick question ...

-

--- You pull out the stub from the first Monday Night Game in Buffalo (V. KC, 1973) and you look at the price and realize "Wow, I pay TWICE that much today to PARK!"

-

--- You feel that even - perhaps even especially - in today's ESPN-on-your-phone-ten-live-feeds-on-your-dish world, it'd still be great to hear Rick Azar do the late sports ...

-

--- This one's personal but it carbon-dates me well ... You were the paper boy that would hand Tom Sestak his Courier Express as he was opening up Sestak & McGuires ... Yes, the Courier Express.

-

--- The first time you met O.J. was at a signing of his book The Education Of A Rich Rookie.

-

--- And, for God's sake, there's absolutely nothing wrong with the red standing buffalo! In fact, you think it's one of the coolest, most easily identifiable, classic icons in sports.

I was there and I feel old at 46 thinking back to all this. Pretty cool though. The field at the Rockpile would be torn up by mid 1st Qtr.

-

--- I say "Foley, McKenzie, Freuhauff, Adams & Greene" and you know I'm not talking about a law firm. (BONUS TRIVIA QUESTION FOR THE OLD-TIMERS: That was the starting line for a significant game in Bills history. Which game and why was it significant?)-

-

-

-

-

-

I'll take a stab: starting OL @ Pittsburgh playoff game?

Great friggin post...

I'll echo BLZFAN, it's wierd to feel young at 37 sometimes.

The Courier-Express, man that brings back memories. Tom Toles got his start there. We used to have his "gas-crisis" board game somewhere at my mom's house.

Ah, The Courier Express!

As a 7th and 8th grader I delivered the Courier Express every morning, 7 days a week.

Not like those sissy boy Buffalo News carriers who only delivered 6 days,

didn't have to get up early in the morning and didn't have to deliver the the massive Sunday paper like the Courier Express had.

I'll take a stab: starting OL @ Pittsburgh playoff game?

Nope ... It was the starting OL for the final game at War Memorial Stadium. The greatest catch ever made by a Bills receiver also happened in that game. It was a TD catch where the Bills receiver did a 360-degree spin that ended with his body horizontal to the ground and his toes dragging the end line and, oh yeah, he had threeee guys on him. Three. Some ex-USC, long haired, PAC-8 decathalon champ ... guy named Chandler ... wore #81 ... :P

Nope ... It was the starting OL for the final game at War Memorial Stadium. The greatest catch ever made by a Bills receiver also happened in that game. It was a TD catch where the Bills receiver did a 360-degree spin that ended with his body horizontal to the ground and his toes dragging the end line and, oh yeah, he had threeee guys on him. Three. Some ex-USC, long haired, PAC-8 decathalon champ ... guy named Chandler ... wore #81 ... <_<

;)

Ah, The Courier Express!

As a 7th and 8th grader I delivered the Courier Express every morning, 7 days a week.

Not like those sissy boy Buffalo News carriers who only delivered 6 days,

didn't have to get up early in the morning and didn't have to deliver the the massive Sunday paper like the Courier Express had.

hey now except for wednesday ads and the sunday morning paper the courier was like the swapsheet <_<

Man am I old! (thanks for the memories.)

You are a very old Bills fan if:

1. You have any idea who Birtho Arnold was and how much he weighed.

2. You were concerned about how there could possibly be a need for both Tommy O'Connell and Richie Lucas at the QB position. (But Al Dorow was a good idea.)

3. You thought that no linebacker trio could be any better better than Jacobs, Tracey, and Stratton.

Nope ... It was the starting OL for the final game at War Memorial Stadium. The greatest catch ever made by a Bills receiver also happened in that game. It was a TD catch where the Bills receiver did a 360-degree spin that ended with his body horizontal to the ground and his toes dragging the end line and, oh yeah, he had threeee guys on him. Three. Some ex-USC, long haired, PAC-8 decathalon champ ... guy named Chandler ... wore #81 ... <_<

Bobby Chandler was a favorite of mine. I remember that catch. He was also great on the sidelines. Nobody could keep his toes in bounds like he could.