Jabari Greer

scribo

Jabari Greer had an outstanding '07 campaign in my ever-so humble opinion. He shut down TO, knocked out Chad Johnson and won the Jests game. If the Bills could have figured out a way to win the Monday Night game against DallASS, it would have been his key pass breakup on the two-point conversion that may have been the clincher.

I think he is starting material right now. Further, I think he is a better corner than McGee. But it seems the prevailing opinion is that Greer is the man who will be challenged by James and whoever the Bills draft.

Jabari Greer had an outstanding '07 campaign in my ever-so humble opinion. He shut down TO, knocked out Chad Johnson and won the Jests game. If the Bills could have figured out a way to win the Monday Night game against DallASS, it would have been his key pass breakup on the two-point conversion that may have been the clincher.

I think he is starting material right now. Further, I think he is a better corner than McGee. But it seems the prevailing opinion is that Greer is the man who will be challenged by James and whoever the Bills draft.

I agree. I thin Jabari Greer is a damn good corner. Agree with everything you say.

I dont think it's so much knocking greer as utilizing him to the best of his potential. With his speed, and short area quickness. I think he would be the ideal nickelback, and we could get the most out of him in that position. As opposed to having him cover larger more physical wideouts, he'd be lined up on the quicker slot guys, the wes welkers of the league. I think he'd make the most impact in that position, as opposed to working the outside.

I dont think it's so much knocking greer as utilizing him to the best of his potential. With his speed, and short area quickness. I think he would be the ideal nickelback, and we could get the most out of him in that position. As opposed to having him cover larger more physical wideouts, he'd be lined up on the quicker slot guys, the wes welkers of the league. I think he'd make the most impact in that position, as opposed to working the outside.

Good point too. I just remember those Patriots games where he was ALL OVER Moss, but Moss would make these great catches.....gotta take those guys out this season.

GO BILLS.

i agree they are both good, but def not great. and their hieght seems to be an issue as well, but greer def stepped up to the plate and played WAY better than webster. all in all, it is not one of our weaker points at the moment. and with james, like the guy above said, will be a good help for depth and the taller recievers

But he shut down two of the very best big receivers in the game. I think it is much harder to find a corner who can do that versus a corner who can cover a speedy slot guy.

I absolutley think that Greer should start....

To me isn't so much about that as worrying about injuries AND when teams go 5 wide on us.......our corners are only as good as the last guy in the rotation.....

By the way....William Peterson (I mean James) was a very good corner before injury......I actually think we are in pretty good shape here if we can get a interior pass rush going now that Stroud is on board and McCargo is going to get starters minutes........

I wouldnt spend a 1st on a corner this year.....trade down really sounds like the way to go......

But he shut down two of the very best big receivers in the game. I think it is much harder to find a corner who can do that versus a corner who can cover a speedy slot guy.

I like Greer, and think he played well last season. I think a large reason for the poor pass defense, wasnt mcgee or greer, but lack of depth at corner, and safety. Yeah he had a very good game vs Owens, and a solid game vs Chad Johnson. He was awful against Moss, and awful in the game against jacksonville. Im just not sold on him being physical enough, to cover larger wideouts on a consistent basis. However if someone like Will James, can revert back to form. The Bills would have drastically improved their corner depth. The way I look at it. Being a nickle isn't really a demotion. Hell he can even start, and on obvious passing downs, when teams bring out 3-4 wide. Slide greer to the inside. I think you'd maximize his ability.

Lack of respect by who? Pretty much every player is competing for a starting job. James is a good corner and if he plays better than McGee or Greer he starts.

Guest dog14787

I doubt anyone will take Jabari's starting position, he's also one of my favorite players. Just because you hear a comment like that, it only says the guys we have on depth are pretty decent to. You never tell a guy, hey what ever you do, you won't take another mans position. For one you try to motivate your players and two, nobody's position is ever secure , if someones playing better, they very well could take your position away.

Its always been what have you done for me lately, just the way it is :P

Lack of respect by who? Pretty much every player is competing for a starting job. James is a good corner and if he plays better than McGee or Greer he starts.

There's no reason why Greer shouldn't have been starting day 1 last year. I feel like everyone who watched the Bills in preseason last year came away thinking that Greer and Fred Jackson were both very solid players. However, they didn't get they're chance until others got injured or got a shot and blew it. Then when they finally got to play, they were both very solid. If Greer can continue to improve he will be very productive as a starting corner in this system.

Because believe it or not, there are many people here that don't know what they're talking about. Greer did have an outstanding season and is going to be a very good to great player here for years to come. Considering the lack of anything resembling a QB pressure on defense, our corners played very well last season. Greer's one of my favorites on the team. Great post there.

Whether you think Greer had a great year or just an OK one remember this is the last year of his deal and he may want to test the waters of free agency. James one way or the other gives us a little insurance and probably at a very fair rate. I'm glad we brought him in and wouldn't mind putting CB off for a year. Let the chips fall......... Also, while I'm cetainly not counting on it, the CB situation as a whole could improve even further if Youboty ever realizes that word we always use around here....potential. :thumbsup:

Because believe it or not, there are many people here that don't know what they're talking about. Greer did have an outstanding season and is going to be a very good to great player here for years to come. Considering the lack of anything resembling a QB pressure on defense, our corners played very well last season. Greer's one of my favorites on the team. Great post there.

Just jumpin on the Bus here. Considering the lack of solid defense around he definitely excelled. If he were James size the would be no talk of drafting one @ all. Defense needs depth for success. Against passing teams, we need quality nickel coverage which we apparently see as a priority now. GOOOOOOOO BILLS !!!!

The more competition, it makes the player better./....That is what Patriots do....They have fierce competition at all positions and that helps the starters to be aggressive and play at a high level. If Greer is that good a player he will figure a way to grab the starting position. I have no problems with that.

i agree they are both good, but def not great. and their hieght seems to be an issue as well, but greer def stepped up to the plate and played WAY better than webster. all in all, it is not one of our weaker points at the moment. and with james, like the guy above said, will be a good help for depth and the taller recievers

You do know Webster broke his arm in week 1 right? Or are you talking about meaningless pre-season games?