Take the Wonderlic Test yourself...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9/9. As a masters degree holder in programming, I would be expect to be near the top. Lots of logic puzzles which are stessed in programming classes and in work.

On the other hand, being under stress with a time-limit can do bad things for people taking tests.

Wonderlic gives an insight into how well they can follow if-then style consequences... maybe. The problem is that the test is fairly abstract. whereas in football: if the safety moves up, there is a weakness in the center of the field beyond his position... This is much more concrete with much fewer options.

Reminds me of Texas Hold-em vs other poker games, you have MUCH fewer options in TH to evaluate, so someone with a much simpler set of math skills can do very, very well.

Young scored a 16 on the only properly administered Wonderlic test that he took.

Current players who have scored lower on properly administered tests:

- Jason Campbell

- Derek Anderson

- Jim Sorgi

- Seneca Wallace

- David Garrard

- Daunte Culpepper

- Donovan McNabb

- Steve McNair

Famous past QBs:

- Kordell Stewart

- Neil O'Donnell

- Jeff George

- Randall Cunningham

- Dan Marino

Average scores per profession:

* Chemist - 31

* Programmer - 29

* Journalist - 26

* Sales - 24

* Bank teller - 22

* Clerical worker - 21

* Security guard - 17

* Warehouse - 15

You left Jimbo off the list.

He scored 15 and outside of football qualifies for warehouse work.

Football isn't rocket science .

But it benefits coaches and GMs to perpetrate this myth that it is chess like in strategy.

I got 9/9 with like 25 seconds to spare... it really wasnt that hard at all folks... but what'd I know? This is only my second post ever!

Actually, I fall in the category of folks who had to reregister so all that hard work posting (which was actually wasted time anyways) is now completely wasted

Young scored a 16 on the only properly administered Wonderlic test that he took.

Current players who have scored lower on properly administered tests:

- Jason Campbell

- Derek Anderson

- Jim Sorgi

- Seneca Wallace

- David Garrard

- Daunte Culpepper

- Donovan McNabb

- Steve McNair

Famous past QBs:

- Kordell Stewart

- Neil O'Donnell

- Jeff George

- Randall Cunningham

- Dan Marino

Average scores per profession:

* Chemist - 31

* Programmer - 29

* Journalist - 26

* Sales - 24

* Bank teller - 22

* Clerical worker - 21

* Security guard - 17

* Warehouse - 15

Actually, Vince scored a 6 on the wonderlic test. Then after harsh criticism about such a low score, he re-took the test, and scored a 16. They asked Vince how he felt about the new score and he said, "I'm just happy I tripled my score." No joke here, I'm dead serious.

And I got a 8/9 = 44. I missed the daylight hours question.

Actually, Vince scored a 6 on the wonderlic test. Then after harsh criticism about such a low score, he re-took the test, and scored a 16. They asked Vince how he felt about the new score and he said, "I'm just happy I tripled my score." No joke here, I'm dead serious.

And I got a 8/9 = 44. I missed the daylight hours question.

Actually, Vince scored a 16 on the only properly administered Wonderlic test, just like I said. No joke here, I'm dead serious.

http://deadspin.com/sports/college-footbal...ight-157115.php

The guy who graded the test who was wrong. As we've explained, the guy screwed up the scoring of Young's test, and someone leaked the number to the crowd at the combine before the error was spotted.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/11590315/

“Yes I’ve been told that’s inaccurate by a source good enough for me to stand up here to quote it,” Casserly said Sunday. “Otherwise, I wouldn’t get up here and say it.”

http://sheil.newsvine.com/_news/2006/02/27...lly-scored-a-16

On Saturday, a rumor that Young had scored a 6 on the Wonderlic test sent shock waves through the combine. No coach, scout or general manager surveyed could produce an example of a starting quarterback with a single-digit Wonderlic score.

On Sunday, the combine said the test score of 6 that was being reported by some media outlets was false.

"I've been told it was inaccurate by a source good enough for me to quote it," Texans general manager Charley Casserly said Sunday afternoon.

Young took the test again and scored 16. According to Young's agent, Major Adams, the Sunday test was administered by Jeff Foster, executive director of National Scouting Combine.

"The combine officials assured us that score (6) was false and that the accurate score will be known when the combine results are given to each team," Adams said.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vince_Young

A controversy regarding the Wonderlic, a standardized test given to all recruits, was thought also to have been problematic for Young. On February 25, 2006, during the NFL Combine, Vince scored a six, out of a possible fifty points, on his Wonderlic Test. The test is designed to measure cognitive ability, which could indicate a player's ability to learn a complex NFL playbook. The Wonderlic corporation has resisted equating a score with a given I.Q. Charlie Wonderlic Jr., president of Wonderlic Inc., says, "A score of 10 is literacy, that's about all we can say." [21] Some observers believed this score would lower Young's draft selection and faulted his agent, Major Adams, for not preparing Young ahead of time with practice tests.[22]

However, on February 26, 2006 combine officials said the reported score of six was incorrect. According to NFL Spokesman Steve Alic, “I can tell you absolutely that the score that has been reported on the Internet is inaccurate. I spoke to the person who graded the test, and he assured me that that number was not correct.”[23] The next day, the test was properly readministered and Young scored a sixteen, according to his agent Major Adams[24] Wonderlic scores are released to NFL teams for draft purposes, but are not supposed to be released publicly.[25] While there has been a media buzz over Young's score, all in all the specifics of what exactly occurred to render the first test results invalid is not known.

Actually, Vince scored a 16 on the only properly administered Wonderlic test, just like I said. No joke here, I'm dead serious.

The reports are conflicting. Some say he scored a 6, some say he scored a 16 and it was graded incorrectly. How can one grade a multiple choice test incorrectly? Someone that works for the NFL? I'd ask you to answer that, but you are obvious biased towards either the state of Texas, their football team, Vince Young, or all of the above.

You don't know for sure what happened, neither do I, and neither did the GM's that year. I believe he got a 6. I am not biased one way or another in any one direction, unlike yourself.

6.... 16... whatever. Those are both TERRIBLE scores.

We administer this test for applicants that we are considering offering positions to. The 50 question test has a 12 minute time limit and that really impacts the results. The highest score I have seen in all the years of people taking the test (administered to people from clerical to executive positions) was a 48. Believe me, that time limit is a huge factor.

The reports are conflicting. Some say he scored a 6, some say he scored a 16 and it was graded incorrectly. How can one grade a multiple choice test incorrectly? Someone that works for the NFL? I'd ask you to answer that, but you are obvious biased towards either the state of Texas, their football team, Vince Young, or all of the above.

You don't know for sure what happened, neither do I, and neither did the GM's that year. I believe he got a 6. I am not biased one way or another in any one direction, unlike yourself.

6.... 16... whatever. Those are both TERRIBLE scores.

Actually, the GMs do know because they release all of the information to them.

In addition, the overwhelming evidence (except for early reports about the rumor) point to it NOT being a six. Its too bad that the Houston Chronicle doesn't keep their articles archived online (that I can find), because they had several articles about it.

As far as 16 being a "horrible" score, I showed above that one can be a good QB scoring less on the test.

Well punter is the most important position for a smart player. :thumbsup:

just pointing out the only 50/50 score in NFL Wonderlic history. I don't know what :) this is for? I bet no one here would get a 50/50 and I am guessing it is close to a perfect score on SAT's or any other standardized test. Impressive score no matter if you are doctor, astrophysicist, garbage man, or brain surgeon. BTW why are you dissing punters? Moorman is a asset to this team, and quite underrrated

just pointing out the only 50/50 score in NFL Wonderlic history. I don't know what :thumbsup: this is for? I bet no one here would get a 50/50 and I am guessing it is close to a perfect score on SAT's or any other standardized test. Impressive score no matter if you are doctor, astrophysicist, garbage man, or brain surgeon. BTW why are you dissing punters? Moorman is a asset to this team, and quite underrrated

I think Kevin Curtis got something like a 48 or 49 as well a few years back.

If you can't figure out how to take and score the test, you are a moron.

Be honest, if you want to lie to make yourself seem like a big man, you beat the system. Congrats stud.

I scored a 39.

I scored a 50 with 34 seconds to spare :thumbsup:

I'd love to take an actual one to see how I'd do...I have taken various IQ tests and my scores usually range from high 140's to low 150's....