Buffalo happy with QB's?

Frez

Former Jacksonville quarterback Quinn Gray, said Sunday that he plans to sign a one-year contract with the Texans.

Gray, who has visited Green Bay and Oakland, said after arriving at George Bush Interconential Airport that he has another visit lined up in Buffalo but doesn't plan to take it. The Texans are giving Gray a one-year deal worth $645,000, including $40,000 to sign.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/hotstories/5641676.html

Former Jacksonville quarterback Quinn Gray, said Sunday that he plans to sign a one-year contract with the Texans.

Gray, who has visited Green Bay and Oakland, said after arriving at George Bush Interconential Airport that he has another visit lined up in Buffalo but doesn't plan to take it. The Texans are giving Gray a one-year deal worth $645,000, including $40,000 to sign.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/hotstories/5641676.html

The writing is on the wall for Losman with the validation of this article. I'm thinking that Hamden and Trent Dilfer would be solid back-ups to Edwards. What would be useful with Dilfer is his mentoring, not only to our young QB but to the offense as a whole.

The writing is on the wall for Losman with the validation of this article. I'm thinking that Hamden and Trent Dilfer would be solid back-ups to Edwards. What would be useful with Dilfer is his mentoring, not only to our young QB but to the offense as a whole.

lol trent dilfer. i'd rather sign vince evans.

If Dick Jauron is serious, in thinking that it is "playoffs or bust" for the Bills this year, the Bills need a vetran backup QB. Dilfer wouldn't be the worst choice of the drek available, but, have those advocating him, seen him play the last few years? He is terrible. He was never all that great to begin with, but his "skills" have eroded a lot. He has little mobility, his arm is not what it once was, and his accuaracy is the same as it ever was.

I know, a vet like that can make up for some things with his mental acqumin for the game, but again, Trent was never a real smart QB either. His decision making has always been suspect. I know, he QB'd a Super Bowl team, but he was about as much of a non-contributer to his offense as a QB could be, that year. When Holmgren (who, IMO, is as about as good a QB evaluater as anyone in the league right now) braught him to Seattle, he couldn't turn him into a decent stop-gap QB. It seemed to me, that winning that Super Bowl duped Dilfer into thinking he was a good NFL QB. He plays with so much emotion, like Brett Favre, with none of the skill to back it up.

Again, acknowledging that there is not a lot to chose from, the type of players the Bills normally pursue, and resigned to the fact that JP isn't going to be back, I would like to see the Bills pursue Gus Frerotte. He is a guy who has played well in spurts over the years, and has been productive as a backup in recent years. Just don't let him head-butt anyone, and I think he would be a decent back up for Edwards.

Just my two cents...

It really worries me that one of our most important positions on this board is the backup QB. Personally i hope we dont ever need a backup and Edwards can do it on his own. But everyone on this board worries about that. IDK just an observation

It's an important position. However, the old QB debate seems to be resurfacing. Those who believe Edwards is a solid QB are advocating for a veteran QB to help him develop, while those who are not sold on Edwards desire a younger quarterback who can come in if Edwards falters. I'm not saying that such people want Edwards to fail, but the decision seems to be based on the poster's assessment of the situation. As a result, the issue is causing a great deal of debate and the assessments are inconsistent with one another because everyone is not on the same page. In my opinion, both arguments are valid as well, which simply accentuates the level of debate. Not to worry though, as soon as we sign a backup QB, the issue will die away, not that it's currently burning up the boards or anything now. The fact that it is the off season and there isn't much to talk about has also contributed to the focus on this issue.

I have no problem with Gray or Sage Rosencrantz coming to the Bills, should they decide to part ways with JP (however, I DON'T think they will). I'd take a big pass on Dilfer.

I'd be comfortable with Gray in the #2 slot. If Rosenfels were picked up, the Bills might want to consider starting him while Edwards sits for a year, or so. But, don't worry...they won't do that.

Anthony Wright might come into play as a back-up, since NYG siged David Carr recently.

CIN signed Wright for the '06 season as insurance if Palmer couldn't recover from his knee. Wright played a lot in that pre-season for them - not bad, either. Palmer came back so Wright sat, and was released at the end of the season. He's a decent sort.

--------------------------Comp Att Pct--- Yds -Avg TD Int -Rate

Gray---------------------101 180 56.1 1,252 7.0 12 5 -----88.5

Rosenfels----------------235 388 60.6 2,725 7.0 24 19---- 82.0

Wright--------------------332 605 54.9 3,590 5.9 20 25---- 66.3

Losman------------------495 837 59.1 5,627 6.7 31 29 ----77.3

Nall-----------------------7 15 46.7 88 5.9 1 0 -----------87.6