Hillary's Balkan Adventures

Running from snipers with your daughter at your side, or just calmly walking out of a plane and being greeted on the runway.

Yeah, I could see how someone running for president could confuse the two. :)<_<

Just a "dumb exaggeration of the facts", people. Nothing to see here. <_<:doh:

Well if the story were true there's only one thing I need to say. Somebody needed to train those snipers better. :doh:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, nobody in politics ever embellishes.

After weeks of arduous negotiations, on April 6, 2006, a bipartisan group of senators burst out of the "President's Room," just off the Senate chamber, with a deal on new immigration policy.

As the half-dozen senators -- including John McCain (R-Ariz.) and Edward M. Kennedy (D-Mass.) -- headed to announce their plan, they met Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.), who made a request common when Capitol Hill news conferences are in the offing: "Hey, guys, can I come along?" And when Obama went before the microphones, he was generous with his list of senators to congratulate -- a list that included himself.

"I want to cite Lindsey Graham, Sam Brownback, Mel Martinez, Ken Salazar, myself, Dick Durbin, Joe Lieberman . . . who've actually had to wake up early to try to hammer this stuff out," he said.

To Senate staff members, who had been arriving for 7 a.m. negotiating sessions for weeks, it was a galling moment.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...mail/components

Amazing how people will jump all over one thing and ignore an identical one.

Yeah, nobody in politics ever embellishes.

This has to be the worst field of candidates ever. In a way I'm glad I can't vote. Not a citizen. I guess I would mail in a vote for one of the founding fathers as a joke. Adams? Jefferson? Franklin? Well, maybe not a joke. Actually a dead guy from 250 years ago would blow away any these liars and phony fvcks

This has to be the worst field of candidates ever. In a way I'm glad I can't vote. Not a citizen. I guess I would mail in a vote for one of the founding fathers as a joke. Adams? Jefferson? Franklin? Well, maybe not a joke. Actually a dead guy from 250 years ago would blow away any these liars and phony fvcks

Spare us Jefferson.

This field is not the worst ever. 2004 was far worse. I'd take any of the current 3 over Kerry/Bush.

Adams? Alien & Sedition Act puts PATRIOT to shame

Jefferson? Nearly bankrupted the country.

Franklin? A philandering party animal.

Like I said. Blows current aholes away. You forgot to mention, they founded a friggen country. The USA btw. I guess they could be forgiven a couple mistakes along the way.

You mean like left wingers screaming their heads off about Bush being a lying douche for the past 8 years and now totally dismissing Hillary exhibiting the same bad behavior? Yes it is amazing.

Like I said. Blows current aholes away. You forgot to mention, they founded a friggen country. The USA btw. I guess they could be forgiven a couple mistakes along the way.

Those couple of mistakes almost ruined the country before it got a chance to become a country (Is that Kerry enough?) Not to mention the urgency to create the union without solving some thorny issues within the union that were fought some 60 yrs later at a great cost. The Founding Fathers should be honored for their contribution to the world, but they shouldn't be idolized as dieties when compared to successive generations of politicians. They are all cut of the same cloth.

Those couple of mistakes almost ruined the country before it got a chance to become a country (Is that Kerry enough?) Not to mention the urgency to create the union without solving some thorny issues within the union that were fought some 60 yrs later at a great cost. The Founding Fathers should be honored for their contribution to the world, but they shouldn't be idolized as dieties when compared to successive generations of politicians. They are all cut of the same cloth.

Good post.

How many of them dodged sniper fire in the Balkans with their child at their side?

Because dammit, that's what makes a president. :beer:

How many of them dodged sniper fire in the Balkans with their child at their side?

Because dammit, that's what makes a president. :beer:

And how many of them answered the red phone at 3 am?? Those guys didn't know dick about foreign policy. Got us involved in a damn war and everything.

And how many of them answered the red phone at 3 am?? Those guys didn't know dick about foreign policy. Got us involved in a damn war and everything.

Hell, I'm more qualified than they are. I remember a boating trip I went on in the Persian Gulf...very dangerous, dodging Sunburn missiles all over the place (those !@#$ers are fast!!!), everybody around me panicking, I'm the only one who stayed calm. Kept my head, and got us out of there. Won three Purple Hearts that day.

Or maybe that's just an exaggeration of the facts. But I'm human...I made a mistake. Everyone makes mistakes.