Offseason commitment

Hard to tell what player or coaching staff is referred to, but I found it interesting.

There are numerous other examples of the disparity between attendance and emphasis among certain organizations. One player who spent offseasons in both New England and Buffalo said, "The Patriots offseason program is just part of the deal of being on that team and every veteran is there. Tom Brady is there. Richard Seymour is there. The only guys that were really up there in Buffalo in the offseason were the young guys trying to make the team. Their best players were nowhere to be found. That was one huge difference between those two organizations and I think it really sets the tone about what they are all about."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/writ...rams/index.html

Interesting, since the impression I get from what I've read is that Buffalo has pretty good attendance at their offseason programs.

It must be referring to off time. The Bills always have great attendance in their "voluntary" offseason program, but I'm guessing he means there are vets there throughout the offseason?

Hard to tell what player or coaching staff is referred to, but I found it interesting.

There are numerous other examples of the disparity between attendance and emphasis among certain organizations. One player who spent offseasons in both New England and Buffalo said, "The Patriots offseason program is just part of the deal of being on that team and every veteran is there. Tom Brady is there. Richard Seymour is there. The only guys that were really up there in Buffalo in the offseason were the young guys trying to make the team. Their best players were nowhere to be found. That was one huge difference between those two organizations and I think it really sets the tone about what they are all about."

Our rookie QB Trent Edwards obviously didn't feel so bad about his nose dive performance closing out the 2007 season. Our now second year starting quarterback took three freaking months off. I'm not surprised though, anyone would get a big head with all of the flowers thrown at his feet by the Buffalo fans and media alike. He must be laughing since he doesn't even have to show the ability to throw touchdown passes to please this Buffalo crowd. I think his leadership and commitment to the Bills is in question. I wonder if that's why the Bills are not actively shopping JP.

There should not be a problem with off season attendance.

All of these prima donna players should be living full time in the city where they are empoloyed on a full time basis.

If Jim Kelly, Hall of Fame QB can live in Buffalo year round, then there is no excuse for the rest of these guys to commit the the local area.

Our rookie QB Trent Edwards obviously didn't feel so bad about his nose dive performance closing out the 2007 season. Our now second year starting quarterback took three freaking months off. I'm not surprised though, anyone would get a big head with all of the flowers thrown at his feet by the Buffalo fans and media alike. He must be laughing since he doesn't even have to show the ability to throw touchdown passes to please this Buffalo crowd. I think his leadership and commitment to the Bills is in question. I wonder if that's why the Bills are not actively shopping JP.

It hasn't even been three months since the end of the season.

That minor detail aside, please continue...

Hey - Bldsoe didn't show up in Buffalo until camp started.

He had a rigorpous program in Montana of throwing to neigborhood kids.

maybe Trent has the same program

The Bills' season ended on Dec 30 and the team starts practicing March 25. January, February, March. That's three months, please don't tell me you're splitting hairs on five days.

"Hey, that's not fair! He's only been away for two months, three weeks and three days! That's completely acceptable. C'mon already, the guy's got to work on his golf game, he's already mastered the art of swooning Bills fans."

The Bills' season ended on Dec 30 and the team starts practicing March 25. January, February, March. That's three months, please don't tell me you're splitting hairs on five days.

"Hey, that's not fair! He's only been away for two months, three weeks and three days! That's completely acceptable. C'mon already, the guy's got to work on his golf game, he's already mastered the art of swooning Bills fans."

You really need to give this a rest. Edwards will be fine. Do not forget he was a ROOKIE LAST YEAR. Check out his stats last year compared to other rookies over the last 20yrs. I believe you will find his stats compare favorable to 90% of rookies that saw significant playing time their 1st season.

BTW, living here year around sure helped losman his 1st year as a starter.

BTW, living here year around sure helped losman his 1st year as a starter.

At least it showed leadership and commitment to his team and teammates. Edwards taking off like he did for the entire time struck me as arrogance. For a second year guy who crapped out like he did to end the 2007 season and who couldn't throw a touchdown pass if his life depended on it, for a guy like that who currently holds the most important position on the team to work on his golf game for the next three months looks to me as someone who does not look like he's very much interested in leading or getting better. I know he wouldn't say it publicly, but I bet you it ticked off Jauron, a guy who clearly has to win this season to keep his job, and it's why JP isn't going anywhere.

At least it showed leadership and commitment to his team and teammates. Edwards taking off like he did for the entire time struck me as arrogance. For a second year guy who crapped out like he did to end the 2007 season and who couldn't throw a touchdown pass if his life depended on it, for a guy like that who currently holds the most important position on the team to work on his golf game for the next three months looks to me as someone who does not look like he's very much interested in leading or getting better. I know he wouldn't say it publicly, but I bet you it ticked off Jauron, a guy who clearly has to win this season to keep his job, and it's why JP isn't going anywhere.

It is not the reason JP is not going anywhere. Jp is not going anywhere for one of two reasons:

1.) The bills have not been offered what they consider satisfactory compensation for losman

2.) The bills have decided that their best option at the #2 spot right now is Losman.

Im not going to get into this with you again, Edwards is the starter & barring injury he will be the starter opening day. Just get used to it. I think this season offers alot of promise, & if your going to continue to be bitter about this whole qb situation & nit pick at every little thing edwards does wrong, it is going to take alot of the fun out of the upcoming season for you. A season, I might add, where I think if the young guys progress, we should be in contention for a playoff spot.

It's no secret I'm a JP supporter, blah, blah, blah, but it's team first. It became clear at the end of the year that Edwards wasn't the reason Edwards wasn't throwing touchdowns.

That said, after listening to a handful of Losman haters this past year pollute this board with such blatant disrespect and hyperbole toward a guy who has worked so hard for this team -- and I'm talking about the people who simply made stuff up to serve their purpose and rile up folks like me-- I have to admit it's refreshing to see that kind of hyperbole spent on Edwards.

However, if you're going to borrow their schtick, please get it right: Edwards is not a "second year guy." He's an injury-prone two-year vet with a dog-faced sister and no commitment to the team.

Xanax. Try it.

You need to unwind after a season, due to the toll it takes on the body. It would be one thing if he was out of shape and flabby going into the voluntary workouts next week. There are no indications that it is the case with him (we will find out next week). He has taken a little time to decompress and recharge his batteries. This puts him in a good position to prepare for the upcoming season.

I have no problem with it.

What they don't have weight rooms in the state of calf.? If they do whats your point again?

It is not the reason JP is not going anywhere. Jp is not going anywhere for one of two reasons:

1.) The bills have not been offered what they consider satisfactory compensation for losman

2.) The bills have decided that their best option at the #2 spot right now is Losman.

Im not going to get into this with you again, Edwards is the starter & barring injury he will be the starter opening day. Just get used to it. I think this season offers alot of promise, & if your going to continue to be bitter about this whole qb situation & nit pick at every little thing edwards does wrong, it is going to take alot of the fun out of the upcoming season for you. A season, I might add, where I think if the young guys progress, we should be in contention for a playoff spot.

Contention will not cut it. The Bills were contending for the playoffs last season, two seasons ago, and 4 seasons ago.

Jauron has drawn the line in the sand: Playoffs or bust.

It will be interesting to see the Jauron apologists reactions if the Bills underachieve again in 2008, and do nothing more than "contend" for a playoff spot.

I would guess he's talking about the Bills team he was actually on - 2003, 2004. Bledsoe at qb, McGahee/Henry, Moulds, Sam Adams, Nate Clements, Mike Williams. The height of the fraudulent Donahoe era.

There should not be a problem with off season attendance.

All of these prima donna players should be living full time in the city where they are empoloyed on a full time basis.

If Jim Kelly, Hall of Fame QB can live in Buffalo year round, then there is no excuse for the rest of these guys to commit the the local area.

I'm not going to say that I hold it against players who don't live year round in the city they play in because it seems to be the norm, but I just don't understand it. I think that working out together as a team for the entire offseason is beneficial. All of us live in or around the city that that we work in all year round, so considering a lot of these guys make more money in a year or two than most of us will ever make in our lives, I really don't think its too much to ask.