What kind of dog do you have?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Abby. 15

Part Dox, and something else.

Sadly she has an appointment at the vet on Saturday with a one way ticket to Doggie Heaven.

She has been through a few "problems" the last year and the wife and decided it would be best this time around to let her go.

:beer:B-):cry:

Abby. 15

Part Dox, and something else.

Sadly she has an appointment at the vet on Saturday with a one way ticket to Doggie Heaven.

She has been through a few "problems" the last year and the wife and decided it would be best this time around to let her go.

:beer:B-):cry:

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. :(

"When you are sorrowful look again in your heart,

and you shall see that in truth you are weeping

for that which has been your delight."

- Kahlil Gibran-

Golden Retriever 7

German Shorthair Pointer 6

The GSP just got diagnosed with addisons disease. He stopped eating and lost 10 of his 60 pounds in a couple weeks. They are giving him a shot every month and he seems to be getting back to normal. He is also on steroids. (I'm thinking of contacting the Pats* trainers to find the best deals) Anyone have any experience with this? Should I expect a relatively normal dog with treatment?

Seamus. 8 this year. Mutt(mostly likely Black Lab and Border Collie).

Biggest wuss on the planet. Look at him funny and he cowers. Pet him though and he's your friend for life. We call him the worlds oldest puppy because he still runs around and loves to play just like he did when he was a puppy.

I'm sorry to hear about your loss. :beer:

"When you are sorrowful look again in your heart,

and you shall see that in truth you are weeping

for that which has been your delight."

- Kahlil Gibran-

So sorry - but I give you all the credit in the world for not being selfish and letting your loved one go. It's so hard. My mother-in-law had a doxie she kept alive long past his time, wheeled him around in a carriage, etc etc and he was in pain. I was furious with her and still am. You are to be commended for putting your poochie first in spite of how hard it is for you.