If Doug Flutie had started that game...

No, I remember. :censored:

The thing is, even if the entire line was healthy, it sucked. Our inferior OL is what has held us back for more than a decade. It is better now, but it needs depth. Not a first round corner. Depth (and a good center).

we need a legitimate player who can backup a LT.

draft him now and play him at G.

Value at #11 will be one of the LT, not overrated injured WRs

Rob Johnson-worst Bills QB ever

Doug Flutie-would have one at least the Music City Miracle game and he was a great QB for the Bills

Gary Marangi. Bruce Mathison. Vince Ferragamo.

Johnson's not even in their zip code.

You can't blame Flutie for the Miami '99 loss. Moulds fumbled a sure touchdown bomb from Flutie on the first play of the game.

Yeah, that was it. After that play, why did the Bills even bother to play out the game?

It's not like Flutie's 1 Touchdown / 3 Turnover performance had anything to do with it, right?

:doh: And if a frog had a Glass A$$, he would only jump once.

Not if it was that glass they use to make the old style Coke bottles. that stuff is tough. I'm just sayin...

Yeah, that was it. After that play, why did the Bills even bother to play out the game?

It's not like Flutie's 1 Touchdown / 3 Turnover performance had anything to do with it, right?

I guess those seven points would not have counted? The sad thing is we are still talking about Flutie because nothing exciting has happened here since he left. One disappointing season after another. I would love to drop the Flutie thing, but there is still no other playoff games to speak about.

Game day coaching.

Squib kicks are idiotic - disrupts all the things you work on most in ST practice and during a game. They are a cowardly lack of confidence in what works.

It wasn't a squib kick, it was a short kick. In fact, I think it's arguable that a squib kick would have worked better.

Gary Marangi. Bruce Mathison. Vince Ferragamo.

Johnson's not even in their zip code.

Well, if you consider what the bills had to give up for him & what kind of contract they paid for him & the production they got out of him, I think your wrong, he was the bills worst qb ever taken everything else into consideration. It must still burn Wilson's ass today that he paid that bum in excess of $20 mill over the course of 4 years.

I'm just sayin...

Yeah they'd have gotten stomped with flutie starting. Johnson turned out to be a total bust/bum.

But that loss was NOT even close to his fault. In fact, he did a great job that game giving buffalo a late lead depsite being Javon Kearse's dinner all game. Johnson sucked, but that game was one of his best. Don't blame the loss on him unless he was on the field when they couldn't cover a kickoff.

Fluties fans .. just give it up already .. jeez.

I guess those seven points would not have counted?

Bills turned the ball over, what ..5 times? Moulds is responsible for one, Flutie is responsible for three, but it was Moulds fault?

Moulds commits his 'mistake' on the very first Bills offensive play (clue: games are 60 minutes long), and Flutie commits his most serious 'mistake' as the Bills last offensive play, yet it was Moulds fault?

5 turnovers, and only 2 touchdowns.

I would venture to say turnovers had a real big impact on that game. Not just the amount of picks, but the timing of them as well.

The sad thing is we are still talking about Flutie because nothing exciting has happened here since he left. One disappointing season after another. I would love to drop the Flutie thing, but there is still no other playoff games to speak about.

The reason people still talk about Flutie is because people like you are continually looking back at 'those days', and coming to the conclusion Flutie's :thumbsup: didn't stink.

I hate to break it to you, but Flutie and his :D both STUNK!!

Based on what? I mean Doug Flutie took a sack and fumbled at the Miami 1yd line on the last play and lost us that 1999 playoff game against the Dolphins. If starting Flutie guaranteed victory, why didn't we win that game? I'm just sayin'...

EDIT: It strikes me how that 1999 Miami playoff loss is the forgotten Bills letdown. I mean we never stop moaning about Wide Right, No Goal, Music City Miracle, etc, but no one ever criticizes Flutie for losing us that playoff game on the last play of the game. Just weird.

PTR

Because Flutie played so well in that game. I mean he really lit Miami up. And the Dolphins had one of the best secondary's in the NFL that year. I remember not wanting to play Miami.

But, yes, he also played poorly. He threw a lot of balls that should have been intercepted. He got sacked a lot and he fumbled a couple times that the Bills were able to recover.

So you can remember that game either way.

Because Flutie played so well in that game. I mean he really lit Miami up. And the Dolphins had one of the best secondary's in the NFL that year. I remember not wanting to play Miami.

But, yes, he also played poorly. He threw a lot of balls that should have been intercepted. He got sacked a lot and he fumbled a couple times that the Bills were able to recover.

Those two statements describe Flutie's playing ability, and his entire Bills career. He had a kind of Dr. Jekyll / Mr. Hyde persona.

In one drive, Flutie could scamper 15 yards on an amazing run to keep the chains moving, and then three plays later throw a pick into triple coverage while Reed (or another WR) was standing along the left side of the field WIDE OPEN. :thumbsup:

Bills turned the ball over, what ..5 times? Moulds is responsible for one, Flutie is responsible for three, but it was Moulds fault?

Moulds commits his 'mistake' on the very first Bills offensive play (clue: games are 60 minutes long), and Flutie commits his most serious 'mistake' as the Bills last offensive play, yet it was Moulds fault?

5 turnovers, and only 2 touchdowns.

I would venture to say turnovers had a real big impact on that game. Not just the amount of picks, but the timing of them as well.

The reason people still talk about Flutie is because people like you are continually looking back at 'those days', and coming to the conclusion Flutie's :P didn't stink.

I hate to break it to you, but Flutie and his :thumbsup: both STUNK!!

The Moulds fumble was seven points off the board, that's different from the interceptions. Flutie won't go away because the bills continue to suck, not because Flutie sucked. I want him to be ancient history as much as you. I am waiting for someone to take him out of the conversation, yet here we are again.

As for the Music City BS, my only feeling on that is that Flutie deserved to start the game based on the regular season record. If he choked, then pull him, but he earned the start.

The Moulds fumble was seven points off the board, that's different from the interceptions.

A turnover is a turnover. The end result is the same thing: zero points scored by the offense.

Moulds had 1 turnover, Flutie had 3.

In terms of negative impact, "If Moulds did not fumble ..." is surpassed by "If Flutie stopped giving the damn ball away ..."

Flutie won't go away because the bills continue to suck, not because Flutie sucked.

Can I then assume you think a 1 touchdown / 3 turnover playoff performance is "amazing"?