Toronto games not selling

A full 50% of SPORTS fans in Toronto couldn't care less about american football. The majority of people in that city were born in other countries and are FAR larger supporters of the "other" football... soccer. If the corporations don't buy the seats, the Toronto-played Bills "home" games will quickly go from a novelty to a joke up there. If anyone has ever spent time in Toronto during the World Cup - you'd understand.

I don't know. If I was a Canadian football fan(NFL or CFL), and listened to that press conference that Ralph and company did, a month or so, I would have been pretty turned off by the whole thing. Then, to have them bragging about how much money they were going to charge for tickets, just made it worse. If I am a Canadian NFL fan, I might just think, "jeez, it would be a lot cheaper for me to go to see the Bills play in Buffalo, rather than here..." Probably a better atmosohere too...

Unless the NFL schedules this as a game against the Cowboys, Steelers or Raiders, this thing isn't going to sell like they are dreaming.

Why pay an average of $400 per person per regular season game (because pre-season games are worthless IMO) when you can get a ticket to a Bills game for around $50 per person and the whole trip, including parking runs less than $100. You can go to 4 games for the price of one & have change left in your pocket. The rich Canadians they expect to buy the tickets didn't get rich by being stupid.

Why pay an average of $400 per person per regular season game (because pre-season games are worthless IMO) when you can get a ticket to a Bills game for around $50 per person and the whole trip, including parking runs less than $100. You can go to 4 games for the price of one & have change left in your pocket. The rich Canadians they expect to buy the tickets didn't get rich by being stupid.

Because if you're a Canadian corporation entertining customers and prospects, you'll buy a suite at Rogers or at the very least a few duckets in the stands, rather than making a convoy to OP to sit in the snow. This is all about the corporate market--not beer swilling Leafs fans.

A full 50% of SPORTS fans in Toronto couldn't care less about american football. The majority of people in that city were born in other countries and are FAR larger supporters of the "other" football... soccer. If the corporations don't buy the seats, the Toronto-played Bills "home" games will quickly go from a novelty to a joke up there. If anyone has ever spent time in Toronto during the World Cup - you'd understand.

You're wrong. Toronto absolutely cares about American football. If you had ever lived there you would know that during Sunday afternoon NFL football (or Monday night), bars are packed watching NFL football. Not to mention, the Bills are well aware of how many Canadians come to RWS to watch Bills games.

The game will sellout without issue, guaranteed.

How are they not selling when they haven't been placed on sale yet? Actually your headline kind of excited me until I read the article.

They have about 20,000 people signed up to purchase/receive info about tickets when they go on sale. Hell, that will probably garner about 40,000 tickets right there. That doesn't include Argo's ticket holders who don't have to join that list. Nor, does it include corporations.

Add to this, one of the smallest stadiums in the league, and there will most likely be a waiting list for tickets.

Unfortunately, this will be an overwhelming success. Especially considering, there isn't even any info out yet about the tickets package.

Isn't it difficult to sell considering tickets aren't on sale yet?

One would think.

I'm on their list, and I haven't gotten anything from them since the "Welcome!" e-mail. Draw your own conclusions...

One would think.

I'm on their list, and I haven't gotten anything from them since the "Welcome!" e-mail. Draw your own conclusions...

I just signed up for the list as well....

It will be interesting to see what I'll be getting.

1st time novelty?

I personally don't think so. The NFL is wildly popular. It's almost ridiculous. Toronto wants a team of their own. Period. They'll make their case by selling these games regardless. I would bet that if these tix didn't sell, Rogers would gobble them up and give them away to make it appear that tickets are wildly popular in Toronto. Although, it won't come to that.

This is also their chance to stand on our national stage. They know the US could really, overall, care less about hockey, baseball, or the NBA......but football makes them legit. They want in. Their potential owners seem like dickheads, ala, the Canadian versions of Jerry Jones and Danny Snyder, and seem like the kind of guys that would stick to their CFL counterparts in a minute if they could join the NFL.

The novelty would be there if this was a sport with passive interest.....but this is the NFL. Much different.