69 Dodge Charger - Wednesday

68 Torino Fastback - Thursday

67 Pontiac GTO Convertable - Friday

73 Jaguar XJ-6 - Saturday take-to-the-golf-course-car

71 Plymouth 440 Cuda - Sunday

Isn't this what I posted last time? :lol:

Me: 2005 Saab 9-2x Aero

Wife: 2003 Subaru Forrester XS

Love them both. The forrester is fantastic in the snow. The Saab is essentially a Subaru Imprezia WRX with slightly stiffer suspension, different turbo settings and a bit more soundproofing.

1998 Dodge Dakota single cab, 5-speed, magnum v6

1987 Jeep YJ (Wrangler for the Americans that don't go by the YJ/TJ names), auto, inline 4.2L 6 cylinder

How is that first model year YJ coming along?

We drive a 2006 Chrysler Pacifica Limited and a 2006 TJ (last model year of the original "tub"/cast iron engine dinosaurs before going to the 2007 "body on panel" JK).

The specs out of the factory on the TJ:

Golden Eagle package (basically the sport model)... HD (Dana 44) rear axle and Dana 30 front (not exactly the Rubicon with has both HD axles and front/rear locking diffs)

Auto

30" tires with Ravine rims

When it steps out of warranty... I will modify the suspension to probably accomadate 33"s, will add compressor and air lockers and sway bar disconnects.

My old profile pic a side look of it.

I drive a Prius ....sucka fools! ;)

Can it pull a boat? Haul lumber on the roof? Ford water and clear rocks up to 2 feet? Winch itself out of the mud/whatever in the rare event it gets stuck? Heck, placing a small canoe/kayak would probably own that vehicle... Can you still get parts (even rebuild it) for it 40 years from now? Heck, will it be around in 40 years?

Didn't think so... Sucka fools!

:cry::lol:

Can it pull a boat? Haul lumber on the roof? Ford water and clear rocks up to 2 feet? Winch itself out of the mud/whatever in the rare event it gets stuck? Heck, placing a small canoe/kayak would probably own that vehicle... Can you still get parts (even rebuild it) for it 40 years from now? Heck, will it be around in 40 years?

Didn't think so... Sucka fools!

:cry::lol:

I actually carry a Kayak on top regularly, though it hangs over three feet front and back. Good ride. no problems taking it up mountain passes either.........can't remember when I put gas in it last. ........

;)

One of the guys I work with has one. He just had to replace his batteries. Cost somewhere around $7k. He's not quite so happy with his purchase.

That had to be painful.

A prius is one of the more expensive energy cost cars to drive according to a CNW report.

http://cnwmr.com/nss-folder/automotiveener...F%20VERSION.pdf

Toyota Prius 3.25 cents per mile

vs. some more popular models or other listed here

Camry 1.954

Accord 2.180

Lancer 0.872

Hummer H3 1.949

I actually carry a Kayak on top regularly, though it hangs over three feet front and back. Good ride. no problems taking it up mountain passes either.........can't remember when I put gas in it last. ........

:thumbsup:

You are a brave man! Of course you travelled on paved/semi paved roads??... ;):cry: That makes for some real fun "launch points"... :lol::thumbsup:

One of the guys I work with has one. He just had to replace his batteries. Cost somewhere around $7k. He's not quite so happy with his purchase.

That had to be painful.

Yep.

I guy I work with bought a early model Echo (2000 something??) off of E-Bay from a lady in Michigan... 250 bucks... He needed to change the motor... Found that at the junk yard for 500 or 800...

Not bad... The thing looks new and the mechanic wanted 3k from the lady... Also helps if you have a vehicle to tow the thing and you have mechanically ability... If not, you are at the mercy of the shops!

My point, there are plenty of cars out there to be had that are better or just as good on the milelage!

The one things that gets me is this fad about going to bigger and bigger rims... You see ORV's with 17,18" and more! ;):cry: Nothing more on my Jeep than 15" and 30" tires... Not that that will help fuel... But in off road conditions, the smaller rims are invaluable...

In the commuter cars, I don't understand why they got away from 13" rims... Now all you see are 16" and bigger... Purely for looks, they really suck the gas!

In the commuter cars, I don't understand why they got away from 13" rims... Now all you see are 16" and bigger... Purely for looks, they really suck the gas!

Handling.

W/ improved formulas for rubber it allows you to still have an adequately comfortable ride w/ lower profile tires

The lower the profile of the tire there's less flex in the sidewalls & thereby superior handling characteristics.

There was a time that 78 was the std aspect ratio w/ econoboxes using 80s & "performance" vehicles going w/ 70s.

These days I'd guess 60s are more std & performance vehicles have about 35.

As for the tire size having an impact on fuel economy, I would imagine it's negligible. Again, superior formulation equate to less rolling resistance and all you need to do is select a different axle and transmission gear ratios to match the engine's performance characteristics. (These days, auto trannies come w/ 5 or 6 fwd speeds; there was a time when they had only 2 or 3. This helps in this regard, too.)