Bills on Tv

How bouts a recap for us workin folk.... :lol:

Oh, I can tell you and I'm not watching it....Bills lost in free agency...blah blah blah...McGahee and Spikes are "great" players shouldn't let them go....blah blah blah...they won't win more than 4 games blah blah blah....they overspent in free agency...blah blah blah...Ralph and Marv are too old...blah blah blah...don't be surprised if they reach again in the draft...blah blah blah...

Basically, Trey Wingo was hosting, asked if Anthony Thomas constituted the worst running back situation in the NFL right now? Smith said yes, and then added deliberately, "But it's April." He said the Bills are cautiously optimistic AP will be around, and then that RB situation will look very different. Smith also said he's high on JP. Reese was down on everything, saying the Bills lost their best offensive player in Willis and defender in Spikes. He didn't even talk about Clements too much.

Best part was, the whole time the were showing bad plays by the Bills. They must've shown 20 interceptions by JP. You would've been left with the impression that the Bills went winless last year.

LOL yeah i was thinking the same thing...trey and floyd were just smashing us as if we were definitely going 0-16 next year. laughing at the bills. Michael Smith knows whats up. He was supportive.

agreed, Trey was following the usual Bills clueless offseason storyline; Smith was objective and realistic; and Floyd seems to be living in 2004 when Spikes was an all pro talent. Generally typical ESPN style coverage where big names are all that matter

Basically, Trey Wingo was hosting, asked if Anthony Thomas constituted the worst running back situation in the NFL right now? Smith said yes, and then added deliberately, "But it's April." He said the Bills are cautiously optimistic AP will be around, and then that RB situation will look very different. Smith also said he's high on JP. Reese was down on everything, saying the Bills lost their best offensive player in Willis and defender in Spikes. He didn't even talk about Clements too much.

Trey Wingo look like Sam the Eagle from the Muppet Show:

http://images.wikia.com/muppet/images/thum...x-Sam_Eagle.JPG

ESPN must be like an accident that some of you just have to stop and look at while driving home in rush hour traffic.

All I ever read is how much they suck, especially covering the Bills, and yet there are still a lot of people who keep watching it.

Just incredible. Turn it off, folks.

Am I sensing a trend here? There's always going to be obnoxious jerks like Jeremy Green. But I've read and seen features from SI, ESPN, numerous websites and NFL.com that we've over-judged our talent and left positions too thin to simply replace in the draft.

And not to mention we're the only team in the league that broadcasts how they will limit their financial resources to a level below what the NFL mandates. I'm not saying we need to pay huge bonuses, but adding some veteran talent for at a minimum depth seems advantageous.

One voice or article means little. But many similar opinions get you thinking after awhile.

Best part was, the whole time the were showing bad plays by the Bills. They must've shown 20 interceptions by JP. You would've been left with the impression that the Bills went winless last year.

LOL I noticed the same exact thing....Floyd Reese really ripped into us from everything to losing our "best" players to JP not being the long-term answer at QB....

For the record, anyone who says Aaron Schobel wasn't our best player on defense and Lee Evans wasn't our best player on offense is either retarded or lying to themselves.

I honestly think Michael Smith is pretty knowledgable his football. But seriously, there's a reason these guys are on tv instead of employed by a NFL team. They make mistakes all the time and have zero accountability. Marv, however, and other GMs don't have that luxury.

P.S. Didn't Floyd Reese draft Pacman? :lol:

Generally typical ESPN style coverage where big names are all that matter

Agreed...It's funny though, all these "experts" have completely forgotten the name Darwin Walker...Now, I'm not saying Walker is the next coming or anything like that...But He's a pretty good Player...I mean...26.5 Sacks at DT in the past 5 (Regular) Seasons...Not bad...

It seems as if we Traded TKO for "The Unknown DT"... :lol:

Agreed...It's funny though, all these "experts" have completely forgotten the name Darwin Walker...Now, I'm not saying Walker is the next coming or anything like that...But He's a pretty good Player...I mean...26.5 Sacks at DT in the past 5 (Regular) Seasons...Not bad...

It seems as if we Traded TKO for "The Unknown DT"... :lol:

Seriously, look at it this way:

Player A: 30 year old (turning 31 in the season) OLB, 70 tackles, 1 sack (on the first play of the season), had a major injury two years ago, missed 17 games in 2 years, and was essentially outperformed by a 6th round rookie.

Player B: 29 year old (tuning 30) DT, 36 tackles, 6 sacks (two more in the playoffs), 1 INT, and has missed 3 games in 5 years.

Seriously, how many GMs would go with player A in this scenario? I love Spikes and hope he makes it back, but getting a healthy, productive DT for him at this point is a good trade. It's damn near geat when you considered the cap relief.

But the Bills are just idiots. I can't wait for the "experts" to eat some crow this season. :lol:

I honestly think Michael Smith is pretty knowledgable his football. But seriously, there's a reason these guys are on tv instead of employed by a NFL team. They make mistakes all the time and have zero accountability. Marv, however, and other GMs don't have that luxury.

And when you get one of these TV personalities who ends up as a GM what do you get? Matt Millon, who seems to think building a NFL franchise is like playing fantasy football (and Millon was one of the best analysists)

If the Bills would have spent $170 million and kept McGahee, Clements, Spikes & Fletcher one guy would have said we "way overpaid for marginal talent mostly on the downside of their careers" and one guy would have said "They were all great moves"

Last year the experts said the Bills draft was horrible and this year they are saying the Bills 06' Draft was great.

The so-called experts are all really morons. Way too much airtime, internet and blog space to fill. Nothing any of these idiots say should matter to anyone.