Bills fan or Bills/Sabres fan

Bills & Sabres  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a football fan who just likes the Bills or are you just as avid a fan when it comes to the Sabres

• Bills
    • Bills & Sabres

i would understand most fans on this site would be both. i do not live in buffalo,but i am a bills fan i live in the hudson valley.

bills

rangers

yankees

knicks

i also don't hate the sabres they had a great season and they will probably play detroit for the cup.i just happen to be a rangers fan that will be happy if they win the 1st round of the playoffs. go bills in"07

i would understand most fans on this site would be both. i do not live in buffalo,but i am a bills fan i live in the hudson valley.

bills

rangers

yankees

knicks

i also don't hate the sabres they had a great season and they will probably play detroit for the cup.i just happen to be a rangers fan that will be happy if they win the 1st round of the playoffs. go bills in"07

JAMIE... What made you get "into" the Bills and not the Jets or the 'Gints?

JAMIE... What made you get "into" the Bills and not the Jets or the 'Gints?

when i first started watching football the steelers were the sh--,and here in the hudson valley most people are giants fans.well when i was real young all i knew from the daily news and tv was the giants,but when the bills drafted bruce,and shane colan and kelly and traded for cornealus bennet i was just hooked.i liked the fact that they were the ny team and not in jersey.i have seen the bills play the jets/giants every time they play at the meadowlands since the late 80's.i have never been to rich stadium yet,but that ends this season.my girlfriend is a giants fan so we plan on going up for the december 23rd giants game and hit all the bars saturday night up in buffalo.

Love them both equally. Really miss living in Western NY and going to so many games but I follow both as closely as I can.... Go Sabres!!!!

While I love the Bills and Sabres (and Bandits) equally, I admit that I have a VERY SLIGHT preference ranking, based on the amount of national exposure each team's championship can give our city:

1-A. Bills

1-AA. Sabres

1-AAA. Bandits

Time also plays a role in my preferences. It's been 10 straight years without a championship for the Bandits, a painful 35 for the Sabres, and a whopping 41 for the Bills.... :nana:

I have always liked the Bills the most (I was born in Buffalo, but lived in MI almost my whole life) I've never been a hockey fan, and when I do watch hockey it is the Wings. I think I'm going to start watching as many Sabres games as possible, though.

Yesterday, on GR, Jerry Sullivan said something that these GR guys are always saying - that Buffalo is more into this Sabres team than anything ever, including the early 90s Bills.

These people do not have good memories or are very selective. I had a college friend who was moving to the area in that time period. I remember saying how you couldn't go into one house when they were house hunting that didn't have Bills paraphenalia in it. I'm sure it is not the same now for the Sabres. I have Sabres seasons, but I don't have one thing hanging in my house.

Those early 90s Bills were all consuming. Even more so than this great Sabres team.

Living in Orlando my teams are as follows:

Bills

Sabres

Braves

Magic

I admit, I don't watch much regular season hockey, but I LOVE Playoff hockey, and will watch as many Sabres Play off games as possible. Also, I don't follow the Braves like I used to, I don't seem to have the patience for baseball so much anymore. BUT, I LOVE Spriing Training games, go and see the Astros in St.Cloud, and we have a blast, tailgating and what not. Also, go and see the Braves at Disney.

But, really I am a BILLS fan, follow them year round. But, the Sabres and the Magic (if they make the play offs), should be a nice distraction leading up to the draft.

Yesterday, on GR, Jerry Sullivan said something that these GR guys are always saying - that Buffalo is more into this Sabres team than anything ever, including the early 90s Bills.

These people do not have good memories or are very selective. I had a college friend who was moving to the area in that time period. I remember saying how you couldn't go into one house when they were house hunting that didn't have Bills paraphenalia in it. I'm sure it is not the same now for the Sabres. I have Sabres seasons, but I don't have one thing hanging in my house.

Those early 90s Bills were all consuming. Even more so than this great Sabres team.

GR has a short term memory. The playoff and SB Bill's runs starting in late 80's were unbillievable! Everyone was wearing Bills gear. Every street corner had a vendor selling Bills merchandise, and that was all week long. I remember waiting in line at 10am at the Buffalo Sports Garden on Elmwood to get a seat for the 1pm Bills/Miami playoff game. Sabres fever is running wild now, but I do think that Bills run was the most encapsulated in a sports team that this area has ever been. 15 more Sabres wins the season and all that changes though....

LET'S GO SABRES!!!!

Living in Orlando my teams are as follows:

Bills

Sabres

Braves

Magic

I admit, I don't watch much regular season hockey, but I LOVE Playoff hockey, and will watch as many Sabres Play off games as possible. Also, I don't follow the Braves like I used to, I don't seem to have the patience for baseball so much anymore. BUT, I LOVE Spriing Training games, go and see the Astros in St.Cloud, and we have a blast, tailgating and what not. Also, go and see the Braves at Disney.

But, really I am a BILLS fan, follow them year round. But, the Sabres and the Magic (if they make the play offs), should be a nice distraction leading up to the draft.

I'm still a Braves fan, too. I don't care that they moved to San Diego. :nana: