Bills fan or Bills/Sabres fan

Bills & Sabres  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a football fan who just likes the Bills or are you just as avid a fan when it comes to the Sabres

• Bills
    • Bills & Sabres

For me, the Bills will always come first (I just love football), but the Sabres are very close behind...while I played football as a kid, I never played organized hockey, so my love of the actual game was never quite as strong.

Growing up in Buffalo, I never missed a Bills or Sabres game. Never! Had season tickets for the Bills, and split a season ticket for the Sabres with friends. If I wasn't at the Aud for a Sabres game, I was watching it.

When I moved away, in 1988, before there were sports bars everywhere, it was tough enough to find a bar to watch the Bills games in NYC (but I always managed), but impossible to find a place to watch the Sabres. I followed them as closely as I could, via box-socres, the yearly visits to play the Rangers and Devils, and the odd ESPN game here or there.

In 1991 (still no computer for me), I moved to Austin, TX...and following the Sabres was hopeless. No box-scores in the paper, rarely even a space filling standings list. It was the USA Today, or nothing. I kind of lost touch with the Sabres for about 7 or 8 years (pretty much missed out on the whole LaFontaine era), other than if they made it to the second round of the playoffs. While I still enjoyed those playoff games, I didn't really know the players all that well, not seeing them on a nightly basis. It just wasn't the same.

In 1999, when the Sabres made it to the finals, I had a blast watching them....and kind of fell in love with the game, and that team, all over again. Center ICE came along two years later, and I was hooked on hockey all over again.

I'm a Bills fan all the way and nothign more.

I leave about 20 miles south of Buffalo.

Everyone comes in talking about how great the sabres are and I have to tell them that I honestly really don't care. They look at me like I'm smoking crack or something. Just not into hockey and I don't have cable or the dish to watch the games anyway.

I'm a misfit. :nana:

Random note: My high school track coach Terrence McAdoo (Bob Mcadoo's Nefew) found out that I was frm western New York and began to tell me all about the Braves and about his Uncle playing for them, he actually brought me some autographed pictures and jersey that he gave him as a gift, but unfourtunatly ouldnt let me have it.

I must admit that I like the Sabres and the Bills equally although getting hooked on the Sabres got me hooked on the Bills. I still remember the Buffalo-Houston game and how the Bills rallied and came back from being down by 40 points. I loved that game and it really made me a huge fan of the Bills. Frank Reich, Andre Reed, Thurman Thomas, Bruce Smith, Shane Conlan, Cornelius Bennet and others that I can't think of right now were awesome that day. Greatest comeback in the history of the NFL. Guess I will have to find a video of that game on the web and watch it again. Watching that team really makes me hope that the Bills through the draft and such will build a team that can go all the way and win it all.