"The Sopranos" Final Season Thread

To me, they just get better and better. i'm of the opinion that this show has only gotten better and better as it has deepened its character studies and gone into the psychological aspects of their relationships more. i don't need to see a guy get whacked every show for me to be as excited to watch it. to me it's the closest thing i've seen on TV to a literary sensibility. like this last episode: most of it was them sitting around by the lake, lots of still shots, quiet scenes, but so full of stuff to chew over. so yes i agree :w00t:

Couldn't agree more...

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My prediction:

Chris is thinking about taking out Tony. But Phil will take out Chris before he has the chance to take out Tony. Phil is pissed.

Another thing...what was up with AJ's girlfriend last night? PMSing?

My prediction:

Chris is thinking about taking out Tony. But Phil will take out Chris before he has the chance to take out Tony. Phil is pissed.

Another thing...what was up with AJ's girlfriend last night? PMSing?

Or does Tony's paranoia make him take out Chrissy himself.. Kinda like I got you before you got me???

Or does Tony's paranoia make him take out Chrissy himself.. Kinda like I got you before you got me???

This is what I thought. I can see Tony taking Chris out because of the whole "Clever" ending. I think between Tony's paranoia and Carm's sudden dislike for Chris, he's dead. I could also see Phil doing it though...

This is what I thought. I can see Tony taking Chris out because of the whole "Clever" ending. I think between Tony's paranoia and Carm's sudden dislike for Chris, he's dead. I could also see Phil doing it though...

Too obvious. We all know that Chase does things completely against the norm.

More what I was thinking (although I have never once been right before as far as predicting the "Sopranos")...remember last weeks episiode where Tony seemed really annoyed with Christopher, even though, Christopher had done nothing to raise his ire (other than boink the real estate agent), that we saw? Tony tells Bobby that he had a "protege" who he was trainging to take his place with the heavy lifting, but things may be going sour with him...obviously he is referring to Christopher. We get no indication that Christopher thinks there is a problem, until the movie (Adriana parallel thing!) issue comes up.

Yeah--i think you are right---its building up to that situation..

Another great episode. The closing song that starts as Phil is sitting at the bar and goes through the christening and the credits was perfect: so ominous, menacing, the spectre of death haunting the mob families; it kind of reminded me of Poe's "The Pit and the Pendulum", you can practically feel the blade swinging back and forth and with each pass inching a little bit closer to the throats of Tony and company.

Great cameo for Sydney Pollack. Made a kind of bit role into a really interesting character. Also, the slo mo shot of Sylvio getting blood sprayed in his face was really cool as well. Hadn't really ever seen it shot that way, which added a nice little touch, I thought.

still trying to make sense of the conversation in the first episode of the new season, about the little girl drowning in a pool despite all sorts of people around...thought for sure we were going to see AJ's G/F kid drown when they showed people coming over for a pool party...or bobby and janice's kid drowning in the lake. so far 2 very good episodes, sydney pollack did play a good role...sad to see Johnny Sac go though....this is going to get really good soon!!!

More what I was thinking (although I have never once been right before as far as predicting the "Sopranos")...remember last weeks episiode where Tony seemed really annoyed with Christopher, even though, Christopher had done nothing to raise his ire (other than boink the real estate agent), that we saw? Tony tells Bobby that he had a "protege" who he was trainging to take his place with the heavy lifting, but things may be going sour with him...obviously he is referring to Christopher. We get no indication that Christopher thinks there is a problem, until the movie (Adriana parallel thing!) issue comes up.

My guess is that they are trying to come up with a way for Tony to be suspicious enough of Chris to "allow" Phil to take his revenge.

Tony will proceed to be wracked with guilt and anger enough to off himself in the final episode.

Hey, it's just a guess.

still trying to make sense of the conversation in the first episode of the new season, about the little girl drowning in a pool despite all sorts of people around...thought for sure we were going to see AJ's G/F kid drown when they showed people coming over for a pool party...or bobby and janice's kid drowning in the lake. so far 2 very good episodes, sydney pollack did play a good role...sad to see Johnny Sac go though....this is going to get really good soon!!!

I think that was a foreshadowing metaphor showing that even though there are a lot of people looking out for you you can still end up drowning. I think all of Tony's attempts to shield himself may be ineffective.

Where do we go from here? Philly doesn't have the heart for the job. The lead guy is someone Tony is very wary of. Does Tony go away and Bobby become boss? Doubt anyone on Tony's crew would accept that.

Tony will not, I repeat will not kill Christopher. They walk a fine line between keeping Tony likeable and realistic. Christopher would have to actually try to kill Tony in order for the audience to accept Tony killing him. It also takes a whole lot to kill an actual family member. It looks like Phil is going to kill Christopher or have him killed. However, on this show nothing ends up being as it seems it will be. Will it be Bobby? Dr. Melfi? Carmella? AJ? Meadow? I don't think Paulie or Silvio would be a strong enough message. Janice maybe?

Another great episode. Who will win the battle? Could Tony rise to that level? Will Carmine take it anyway. These power plays in the mob often times leave a lot of people dead.

BTW, getting back to the first episode it was funny to hear Janice talking about the relationship with Richie Aprile "not ending well". :thumbsup:

I think that was a foreshadowing metaphor showing that even though there are a lot of people looking out for you you can still end up drowning. I think all of Tony's attempts to shield himself may be ineffective.

Where do we go from here? Philly doesn't have the heart for the job. The lead guy is someone Tony is very wary of. Does Tony go away and Bobby become boss? Doubt anyone on Tony's crew would accept that.

Tony will not, I repeat will not kill Christopher. They walk a fine line between keeping Tony likeable and realistic. Christopher would have to actually try to kill Tony in order for the audience to accept Tony killing him. It also takes a whole lot to kill an actual family member. It looks like Phil is going to kill Christopher or have him killed. However, on this show nothing ends up being as it seems it will be. Will it be Bobby? Dr. Melfi? Carmella? AJ? Meadow? I don't think Paulie or Silvio would be a strong enough message. Janice maybe?

Another great episode. Who will win the battle? Could Tony rise to that level? Will Carmine take it anyway. These power plays in the mob often times leave a lot of people dead.

BTW, getting back to the first episode it was funny to hear Janice talking about the relationship with Richie Aprile "not ending well". :lol:

I thought tony's therapy session with Melfi in the last episode was one of the more touching moments that Tony Soprano has ever shown. He is very deeply disturbed by what he perceives as Chris' opinion and love for him (or lack thereof). I found it very telling when Melfi asked him if he might be reading too much into the movie depiction, and Tony says something to the extent that after all the years he's been coming to therapy, he knows a lot about the subconscious, which is rather odd because it took Carmela bitching at him about the movie for him to see a possible connection between the movie boss and himself. Tony and his knowledge of the "subconscious" didn't become conscious of it until she told him.

Tony will proceed to be wracked with guilt and anger enough to off himself in the final episode.

I'm actually wondering about this too. When whoever it was wanted to "retire" to Florida last year he was told "you can't just retire from this" by Tony. But to me Tony is looking for a way out. He feels old and ineffective.

The other option is that to prove he isn't too old he'll start a bloodbath...

I'm actually wondering about this too. When whoever it was wanted to "retire" to Florida last year he was told "you can't just retire from this" by Tony. But to me Tony is looking for a way out. He feels old and ineffective.

The other option is that to prove he isn't too old he'll start a bloodbath...

That's a distinct possiblity. I don't see him starting it I see Johnny's crew, Philly, starting it and Tony finishing it.