Tidbits on Spikes and Turner.

One personnel man said it would take a "miraculous recovery" for him to be the player he was. Even at less than he once was, he's probably better than what the Eagles had at linebacker.

This is the reason why we traded him. He not like the Spikes we used to know (playing wise, not character).

we traded spikes because he was over 30 and was at his best as a blitzing linebacker. after the first play of the year did we ever see spikes blitz again????

Don't get me wrong, I was the biggest Takeo fan ever--I was doing cartwheels the year we signed him and thought he played great for us pre-injury. It was sad last year, but you just didn't see him making plays. What I saw a lot of last year was Takeo getting there a step or two slow, just as the play was over. In all honesty, I really don't think our D will be all that off from losing him.

Don't get me wrong, I was the biggest Takeo fan ever--I was doing cartwheels the year we signed him and thought he played great for us pre-injury. It was sad last year, but you just didn't see him making plays. What I saw a lot of last year was Takeo getting there a step or two slow, just as the play was over. In all honesty, I really don't think our D will be all that off from losing him.

It is a sad but true reality that any player, no matter how great they are, could have their career ended on any given play.

He became a two down linebacker as well last year. He came out on any passing down because he lost the speed to cover anyone downfield. I thought it was quite sad watching how much time he spent on the sideline. The Bills made the right move in trading him. I can see him being nicked up for the rest of his career.

One personnel man said it would take a "miraculous recovery" for him to be the player he was. Even at less than he once was, he's probably better than what the Eagles had at linebacker.

This is the reason why we traded him. He not like the Spikes we used to know (playing wise, not character).

Thank you, LSI, for clearing this up for everyone..... :thumbsup:

Yeah, but what even more sad is that RBs are more susceptible to career ending injuries than LBs.

Can you please back up your post with information instead of just your opinion. You dont actually know this to be the case, you just think it is. You do this all the time.

Can you please back up your post with information instead of just your opinion. You dont actually know this to be the case, you just think it is. You do this all the time.

Don't let 'em get you down LSI. Joe Theismann has made a living, (after playing pro ball) by giving opinions just like yours ,with no facts to back it up. You are well on your way to being respected in the same way that Joe is ! Hang in there

Don't let 'em get you down LSI. Joe Theismann has made a living, (after playing pro ball) by giving opinions just like yours ,with no facts to back it up. You are well on your way to being respected in the same way that Joe is ! Hang in there

:thumbsup::w00t:

Classic.

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

LSI - 75 IQ points + 35 years = Joe Theisman! :w00t:

I haven't laughed this hard in a while. Thanks.

>>>>Now that the Randy Moss ru mors have died down (for now), the latest Green Bay trade talk has the Packers sending the 16th pick in the draft to San Diego for the 30th pick and running back Michael "The Burner" Turner. Stay tuned. <<<<

Ouch! This would obviously place the Bills in the drivers seat wrt swapping 1sts with the Chargers for Turner. I suppose that whether or not to make this move comes down to how much emohasis a GM places in the draft, because I think that the #12 is worth a ton in a trade down.

At this point, I think that Levy will make that move and swap first round picks. At his age (and this is NOT an age wisecrack), his patience might be at least a bit limited wrt waiting for draft picks to develop.

I would much rather trade down and come away with more first day picks in both this draft AND in 08, but that's just me.