early vegas line - according to poster on BB msg board

Lothar

I know I know, they don't know Marv like we know Marv and Willis sucks and all but I wonder how this board might react if we ended up 4-12 or 5-11 next year. Any gamblers out there know if this really is how wise guys see us right now?

actually, did a quick search for early line and found us in the bottom 3rd as far as Super Bowl prospects - probably reasonable at this point in the offseason considering the hits we've taken:

early line on SB odds

Odds to win the 2008 Super Bowl XLII Odds

All wagers have action. No Parlays. Max $600

Arizona Cardinals 35/1

Atlanta Falcons 50/1

Baltimore Ravens 15/1

Buffalo Bills 50/1

Carolina Panthers 20/1

Chicago Bears 10/1

Cincinnati Bengals 15/1

Cleveland Browns 100/1

Dallas Cowboys 15/1

Denver Broncos 15/1

Detroit Lions 100/1

Green Bay Packers 50/1

Houston Texans 100/1

Indianapolis Colts 8/1

Jacksonville Jaguars 30/1

Kansas City Chiefs 30/1

Miami Dolphins 40/1

Minnesota Vikings 70/1

New England Patriots 3/1

New Orleans Saints 19/1

New York Giants 20/1

New York Jets 30/1

Oakland Raiders 80/1

Philadelphia Eagles 18/1

Pittsburgh Steelers 18/1

San Diego Chargers 6/1

San Francisco 49ers 45/1

Seattle Seahawks 12/1

St.Louis Rams 55/1

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 70/1

Tennessee Titans 38/1

Washington Redskins 50/1

I don't know how anyone could think that these odds could be fair before so many factors unfold. Between the draft, trades and June 1st cuts alone are going to change the complexion of several teams to say the least.

If I had to bet right now, I'd lay a nice little chunk on the Rams to win it at those odds.

I know I know, they don't know Marv like we know Marv and Willis sucks and all but I wonder how this board might react if we ended up 4-12 or 5-11 next year. Any gamblers out there know if this really is how wise guys see us right now?

i'm not a gambler, but i definitely think it's safe to say that this really is how everyone sees us right now. many members of the national media consistently call us the biggest loser in free agency so far, and have been saying that for a while now (and for all we know, depending on how things play out that might be true). so why would the vegas line say we're going to improve upon our 7-9 team of last year with all our "loser" free agent signings/releases.

i like all the moves marv has made so far this off season, because i think they could lead to winning in 2008 and beyond, but so far it doesn't really seem like he's setting us up for success this year. and by that i mean trading away players (mcgahee and spikes) that give us the best chance to win now, because, i'm sorry, but i don't care who we draft as their replacements, they're not going to be an upgrade for the 2007 season.

we have a young offense that i think could be very good this year, and an even younger defense that i think is not going to be very good this year, so i am not at all surprised people think we'll be 5-11, and i'd be lying if i said "it would surprise me if we go 5-11".

that being said i'm hoping with all hope that we shock some people this year and get this team turned around in a big way.

4.5 cannot be the number. If it is I'll be buying more than fudge at the MGM Grand next week.

Prediction: After another 7 win season and beating the Vegas odds, the feeling will be:

"Marv has this thing going in the right direction!"

4.5 cannot be the number. If it is I'll be buying more than fudge at the MGM Grand next week.

IFFFFFF, i repeat IF it were 4.5, I'd be betting my lifes avings house, and every ounce of credit on my credit cards on the over. Then JP would get hurt in the 4th preseason game =)

As I have said many times, I am not a betting man. But if anybody wants to take the under at 4.5 wins, private message me and I'll go big on the over :thumbsup:

It doesn't matter what Vegas says unless you are a gambler, and it doesn't matter what ESPN says because they aren't going to follow the Bills closely enough to know. What matters is that we are a good LB and a decent RB away from being a much improved team, and I think we will be in the playoff race until the final weeks, and hopefully find a way to make it in.

Strangely (or not), an overtime tie won't get you the push. 3 and half or 4 and a half won't get you your money back. I hope HA has taken this into account.

I think Dean's just blowing smoke up Holcomb's - ask him about Bob Dobbs though ... he gets deadly serious. :thumbsup:

I am gonna put some money on the Bills to win it

Amen Bro! What could it hurt...And I'm gonna throw something on the Bills Over/Under Win total cause I'm pretty sure the Number will be too low...I'm not saying the Bills are gonna Win it all...But I do think they will be MUCH better than the early predictions figure to be... :thumbsup:

I think Dean's just blowing smoke up Holcomb's - ask him about Bob Dobbs though ... he gets deadly serious. :thumbsup:

HEY! I'm often deadly.

But, rarely serious.

If its 4.5 im putting thousands on the Bills.

I don't know how anyone could think that these odds could be fair before so many factors unfold. Between the draft, trades and June 1st cuts alone are going to change the complexion of several teams to say the least.

If I had to bet right now, I'd lay a nice little chunk on the Rams to win it at those odds.

I don't understand this mentatility that the draft (a bunch of rookies) and training camp could turn us from a 5 win team to a 12 win team (just an example).

I don't understand this mentatility that the draft (a bunch of rookies) and training camp could turn us from a 5 win team to a 12 win team (just an example).

Did I even mention the Bills? I said several teams. If anything, it looks like I'm favoring the Rams more than anyone else, doesn't it? Go get a cup of coffee and wake up.