inside tidbits on Patrick Willis

I was waiting on a table of 11 people last night at Morton's of Chicago Steakhouse where I have worked my second job for the last 7 1/2 years. I heard one of the guys mention "Ole Miss" in his conversations and I just had to churp in since they seemed like such a cool group to begin with and wouldn't mind my curiousity.

I asked if they were talking about Ole Miss University and if they knew anything about Patrick Willis.

The one guy mentioned to me that his nephew presently attends Ole Miss and he was able to catch a few games in person this year. He said Willis is just an unbelievably awesome player but more importantly, he ALSO is a high character guy who would be a great person to have on our team (both on and off the field). Very fast and strong player. He also said that Willis is a tireless worker when it comes to improving and becoming a better player/person and never forgets his roots or where he came from. I asked him if he ever met Patrick in person and although he said no, he was more then happy tjust to be able to see him play in person. He said everyone who follows Ole Miss is following every bit of conversation leading up to the draft and where Patrick may land and he seems to agree with me that if its not the 49ers first, the Bills will be primed to snatch him up. It also seemed like he got his perception of Patrick Willis from his nephew who obviously might know better then all of us what kind of person he must be. The more I hear about this kid, the more I want him playing LB for the Bills in 2007 and anything short of that would be disappointing.

He would be a great centerpiece of our defense for the next decade.

I was waiting on a table of 11 people last night at Morton's of Chicago Steakhouse where I have worked my second job for the last 7 1/2 years. I heard one of the guys mention "Ole Miss" in his conversations and I just had to churp in since they seemed like such a cool group to begin with and wouldn't mind my curiousity.

I asked if they were talking about Ole Miss University and if they knew anything about Patrick Willis.

The one guy mentioned to me that his nephew presently attends Ole Miss and he was able to catch a few games in person this year. He said Willis is just an unbelievably awesome player but more importantly, he ALSO is a high character guy who would be a great person to have on our team (both on and off the field). Very fast and strong player. He also said that Willis is a tireless worker when it comes to improving and becoming a better player/person and never forgets his roots or where he came from. I asked him if he ever met Patrick in person and although he said no, he was more then happy tjust to be able to see him play in person. He said everyone who follows Ole Miss is following every bit of conversation leading up to the draft and where Patrick may land and he seems to agree with me that if its not the 49ers first, the Bills will be primed to snatch him up. It also seemed like he got his perception of Patrick Willis from his nephew who obviously might know better then all of us what kind of person he must be. The more I hear about this kid, the more I want him playing LB for the Bills in 2007 and anything short of that would be disappointing.

I wont say I dont believe you, but I understand where you are coming from. I watched Patrick Willis's interview on Yahoo Sports the other day, and to me he seems to have a very high character attitude, speaks very highly about things. Seems to be an all around good person from what I seen. Didnt seem thugish at all. He had a really hard upbringing when he was younger, so im sure hes mentally strong. So in some ways I agree with what was said whoever you spoke with!

One of the reasons why I don't like to post on these boards, always has to be a wise guy who has nothing better to do.

Its a small world out there, so I wouldnt be shocked if it was true. I love Patrick Willis with the 12th pick. He fits perfectly at a position we need help at. Its a match made in heaven.

Thanks for the information! (Hey....I just moved back to Chicago last week)

I am also excited about the possibility of getting Willis!

It sucks that whenever one posts "inside" or "personal experience" info. it is usually met with hostility.

My college roommate is the agent for three current Bills players and I sometimes am privy to such information. I don't post it because it is more of a hassle than it is worth.

I hope we do get Willis with our first pick...if only those damn niners weren't ahead of us...they are really going to make us sweat!

He will be great for the team and the city until he is traded/released/free agency. Then he will become the biggest douche bag to ever leave Buffalo. Good Riddance, burn his jersey and I hope he rots in Hell. He will be thrilled to leave Buffalo after 5 non playoff years and he blows goats...

One of the reasons why I don't like to post on these boards, always has to be a wise guy who has nothing better to do.

a. stop taking your waiting tables stories so seriously that you cant take a joke.

b. cmon! its sketch! lighten up. the dude is one of the more positive people here.

Yea... I'm starting to think that Willis is a no-brainer pick if he is still there at #12. The trouble is, I have a bad feeling that he'll be gone.

Same here.........

that IS definitely a worry. but im sure SD fans were fretting that Merriman wasnt going to be there at 12 either...

so i guess we can just hope for the best.

Yea... I'm starting to think that Willis is a no-brainer pick if he is still there at #12. The trouble is, I have a bad feeling that he'll be gone.

The good news being one of the "alleged" top ten will then fall. Your guess as to which one is just as good as mine, but bottom line, an impactful player will be had at #12 should we elect to stay put.

Recent moves by the Bills and other clubs has us rearranging as to how the draft should play out. My guess is we'll be "re-mocking" again prior to the draft.

You're cool coach. Don't worry about Sketch though, he's just a joker. I have him on ignore so I don't have to read his stuff any more.

The jokes and wise guy comments get a little old when they happen on every single post a person makes.

a. stop taking your waiting tables stories so seriously that you cant take a joke.

b. cmon! its sketch! lighten up. the dude is one of the more positive people here.

So some guy's nephew who goes to Ole Miss thinks Willis is a great player and person?

Willis's talent is not questionable. He is a very good linebacker irrespective of casual diners estimation. What the poster relays is that his character is not a question which casual diners can estimate from what is on the local rumor mill. I taught and coached 35 years and no ones character was a secret in the locker room or in town.

I do not know Willis' character but the girl at the diner or guy at the gas station does and if bad it gets around quickly

The jokes and wise guy comments get a little old when they happen on every single post a person makes.

Dude, take it easy

You are telling a bunch of people, whom you have probably never met before, and people who have no idea what kind of credibility you have, that you met someone who has been to games (but never actually met the guy) and made a personnal judgement of a top rated college players character and ability. You don't have any concrete proof that this even happened, or this persons credibility thats judging Willis, and are getting pissed bcause someone is taking your word with a grain of salt.

Like no one on this board has ever lied about having "insider information" or having met a player/coach, etc.

Sorry if your conversation with some football fans that have watched some Ole Miss games and think Willis is a great player isn't turning everyone on this board over to the "We have to draft Willis or else the franchise is doomed" side.

No one is getting upset here, just stating two facts.

I usually don't post because of the same few wiseguys and it happens every time I post.

Just calling a spade a spade. Sorry if being honest gave you the perception I was upset.

If you think I just made this whole story up, you're entitled to that opinion.

Fortunately, I have better things to do with my time then post "made up stories" on this website.

I thought by coming across someone who actually saw Willis play in person several times and by getting some campus scoop of what he was like as a person, some people might be interested.

By the way, nobody is saying we should draft Patick Willis or else we're doomed.

Its just a fun time of the year and exciting to think about Patrick Willis possibly coming to our team and hearing NOTHING BUT POSITIVE THINGS about this guy no matter what you read or who you talk to. Whether it be a professional scout, coach, Ole Miss student, or anyone who has come in contact with him or knows about him, this guy gets rave reviews and a Willis McGahee he is definitely NOT!

Dude, take it easy

You are telling a bunch of people, whom you have probably never met before, and people who have no idea what kind of credibility you have, that you met someone who has been to games (but never actually met the guy) and made a personnal judgement of a top rated college players character and ability. You don't have any concrete proof that this even happened, or this persons credibility thats judging Willis, and are getting pissed bcause someone is taking your word with a grain of salt.

Like no one on this board has ever lied about having "insider information" or having met a player/coach, etc.

Sorry if your conversation with some football fans that have watched some Ole Miss games and think Willis is a great player isn't turning everyone on this board over to the "We have to draft Willis or else the franchise is doomed" side.

:D

No, but seriously....

We have a dynamic product range including:

* Raw NutsCooked Nuts.

* Mixes and Snacks.

* Dried Fruits.

* Glazed Fruits, Logs and Slices.

* Pulses (Beans, Peas).

* Confectionery, Carob, Licorice, Bar Lines, Grape Juices and Tahini.

* Cereals, Grains, Flours, Seeds and Rice.

* Organic and Gluten Free Products.

* Muesli.

* Pasta.

* Nuts in Shell.

* Health Food Supplements.

* Herbs, Spices & Herb Teas.

THE SOLAND HEALTH FOOD EMPIRE

I gotta believe that Willis will be there at 12. I think San Fran will not pass up on Akoye or Branch. They need a solid DT, BY is getting old they need his replacement. Plus I know they do not play the same position but they did sign Banta Cain and have that white guy from UCLA who is pretty good. I cant remember his name right now. I am just scared that if he is there that Marv will pass and take some other ass clown.

Good story...but it's not true until Jay Rosen hears it from Orlando Pace's baggage handler...

Oh, by the way, about 3 weeks ago I waited on Art Monk, Darrell Green, and Ken Harvey in a private boardroom party of 14 to celebrate Art Monk and his wife's 25 Wedding Anniversary. All 3 guys and their wives were nothing but pure class. I wasn't familiar with the other people there but they were all extremely nice too. Art Monk bought his wife a brand new Mercedes SUV for the Anniversay gift and it was parked outside the restaurant to surprise her after dinner.

Later on that week, Gilbert Areneas came in with Deshawn Stevenson and some other guys/gals for a late night dinner after the game. They too were totally cool and it was a fun experience. Now famous people and athletes come into Mortons all the time and I'm not always the one who gets to wait on these people but I had an extremely luck week. Its alot of fun for a part-time (second job) and besides, its incredible money. Now whether you want to believe this post or any other posts I make based on the fact you don't know me personally, thats totally up to you and basically, I could care less. Regardless of your negative perceptions, it doesn't change the fact that these things really happened.

Dude, take it easy

I agree with that, but I think he was right as well. Obviously anyone who goes to a University that has a big time player, they are going to be behind him and root for him to do well. This is similar to my situation last year...

My friend's dad coached Tama Hali in high school, and all they did was praise him and tell me great things about him. It sounded good and it probably was very true, but obviously people are biased and root for the people they know. I dont think he was out of line, you did hear it from a stranger's friend's whatever whom you have never met and they have never met Willis. You cant expect to post something like that and not have these vultures on your back.

Now whether you want to believe this post or any other posts I make based on the fact you don't know me personally, thats totally up to you and basically, I could care less. Regardless of your negative perceptions, it doesn't change the fact that these things really happened.

I think you would get a lot less aggravation if you simply titled your posts properly. You should half expect people taking you to task about a thread titled "inside tidbits..." only to find that you waited on an uncle of a kid who goes to Ole Miss.

Not to get back on subject.....

The only thing I've questioned about Willis IS his strength and that he gets pushed around a lot....It seems to me that he's London Fletcher......That said....I wouldn't mind him....I also believe how these guys treat the "little guy", the "average Joe" does mean something.....

Thats indirect info from someone who goes to the same school, not "outside tidbits"

Thats better info then you and I can come up with personally together on the guy

I think you would get a lot less aggravation if you simply titled your posts properly. You should half expect people taking you to task about a thread titled "inside tidbits..." only to find that you waited on an uncle of a kid who goes to Ole Miss.

Oh, by the way, about 3 weeks ago I waited on Art Monk, Darrell Green, and Ken Harvey in a private boardroom party of 14 to celebrate Art Monk and his wife's 25 Wedding Anniversary. All 3 guys and their wives were nothing but pure class. I wasn't familiar with the other people there but they were all extremely nice too. Art Monk bought his wife a brand new Mercedes SUV for the Anniversay gift and it was parked outside the restaurant to surprise her after dinner.

Later on that week, Gilbert Areneas came in with Deshawn Stevenson and some other guys/gals for a late night dinner after the game. They too were totally cool and it was a fun experience. Now famous people and athletes come into Mortons all the time and I'm not always the one who gets to wait on these people but I had an extremely luck week. Its alot of fun for a part-time (second job) and besides, its incredible money. Now whether you want to believe this post or any other posts I make based on the fact you don't know me personally, thats totally up to you and basically, I could care less. Regardless of your negative perceptions, it doesn't change the fact that these things really happened.

All I'm saying is that you you seem to be getting riled up over someone not believing your "inside info" you have on a player that came from a fan of the school that the player comes from. Its not like you spoke to his agent, or his parents, or a scout with the Bills, or Marv, or DJ, or Willis himself, and they said that he was top in their books, and they were pursuing him. All your telling us is that some fans of him and his school had good things to say about him. Its not really "inside info" on him, its more common knowledge from guys that watch him play.

Thats cool that you got to meet famous people, a buddy of mine played golf with DJ last spring, and know has a photo of both of them together. To be pissed off, or not want to posty because someone isn't going to be overly thrilled you found this out, or question that fact that you actually received this info is stupid. Post what you want, thats what everyone else does, and if someone doesn't believe you, fine, show them proof if you want them too, or let it roll off your shoulders and continue on. There was a guy around here who went by Soprano, he had inside info for us Bills fans. I don't think one of his things ever came true, so maybe you can see why some become sceptical about people posting inside info, with evidence to back it up