Brown says we are most interested in M. Turner

If the Bills feel that Michael Turner is better than any running back they can draft after the first round, and that pretty much means anyone other than Peterson and Lynch, than they would be stupid to not offer there 2nd round pick for him. Basically, they wait until there pick at 12 comes up, if Peterson is gone and they don't want Lynch, than they make the play for Turner.

Best scenario when they come to 12 and A-pete and Willis are gone, is they trade down for another second or third, draft Poz or whomever else they love at linebacker at say 17, trade there second to San Diego for Turner and still have 3 other first day picks to draft CB and whatever else suits there fancy.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to ML and Dj trade into the middle of the first and take Puz from PSU and then see if they can package what they get in that trade or something from the Willis trade to get Turner...if they cant make a deal for Turner prior to thier first rd 2 pick then i say take Tony Hunt from PSU...he is a solid player and a stand-up guy. I think he would fit in well with Thomas...I just dont want that thief Pittman from OSU. If anyone wants me to let them know why I think he is a thief I will gladly tell you...just let me know.

Willis Branch will fit right into are system at LB...generallee83, we'll be reeaaaaaaal good at the position if we get him, and we'll be real young with a core of starting guys that will be around for awhile.

Willis Branch? huh?

Are you combing Patrick Willis and Alan Branch or am I missing something?

Michael Turner IMO is a beast and can step right in with the Bills and be a 1200 yard, 10 TD back....I bet a 2nd rounder and maybe a 4th can get it done.

No way. San Diego has already said they wanted atleast one 1st round pick, if not two. They said something along the lines of maybe settling for a 1st and 2nd or an early 3rd. They really are asking too much for a guy who's never been a feature guy. They're trying to butt-rape somebody and Lord knows I hope the Bills don't bend over.

No way. San Diego has already said they wanted atleast one 1st round pick, if not two. They said something along the lines of maybe settling for a 1st and 2nd or an early 3rd. They really are asking too much for a guy who's never been a feature guy. They're trying to butt-rape somebody and Lord knows I hope the Bills don't bend over.

All talk. No one is going to give them ONE 1st rounder, much less more. The best they can hope for is a 2nd, unless Smith truly wants to keep him for the year, and then lose him for nothing next year.

I'd offer a 2 and maybe a smidge more. No one team, even SF, is looney enough to offer anything near what they supposedly want.

Under the Bills cash policy they may not be able to afford an extension for Turner and a #12 pick. I would consider swapping our #1 with San Diego and one of our #3's. We would be getting a starting RB plus be able to get a starter at LB and maybe a CB with the #31 pick and our #2. And not break the bank.

Chris Brown on BB.com says that he is hearing that the Bills are most interested in trading for RB Turner from SD. Brown also said that it could cost a 1st rd pick. http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Marv traded the Bills #1 for Turner. Marv has a very unconventional method of placing value on draft picks, players or positions. This does not come from Butler or Polian, they were much more interested in the chips than Marv is. But I do see one simialarity developing, Marv is building his defense cheap and interchangeable, just like Polian did with the Colts. That doesn't bode well if you don't want to see opponents rushing for 150-180 yards every week.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Marv traded the Bills #1 for Turner. Marv has a very unconventional method of placing value on draft picks, players or positions. This does not come from Butler or Polian, they were much more interested in the chips than Marv is. But I do see one simialarity developing, Marv is building his defense cheap and interchangeable, just like Polian did with the Colts. That doesn't bode well if you don't want to see opponents rushing for 150-180 yards every week.

Good point. Better they spent half their cap surplus on a CB, kept an aging MLB and a likely-to-never-be-great-again OLB, just because they were expensive and/or not interchangeable. ;)

Under the Bills cash policy they may not be able to afford an extension for Turner and a #12 pick.

The Cash to Cap policy might just have been a smoke-screen set up by Ralph to gain leverage for the revision to the CBA he proposed. Now that it passed, he might rescind the policy. However, using this policy is a good way to maintain a healthy cap status, so its not a bad idea for them to adhere to it - even if they bend it every once in a while to get a good player like Turner.

It's a self-imposed policy. They can change it if they wish.

They can afford it, I would personally like them to and think he is worth it, I just don't predict it. The thing about him is I believe that if he were in the draft right now, he would be either second or third RB taken, and probably in the top 20 picks in the draft. So he is worth a #1 pick in a trade, although perhaps not the #12 pick.

They can afford it, I would personally like them to and think he is worth it, I just don't predict it. The thing about him is I believe that if he were in the draft right now, he would be either second or third RB taken, and probably in the top 20 picks in the draft. So he is worth a #1 pick in a trade, although perhaps not the #12 pick.

Yep, I also think he'd be a mid-1st round pick if he came out in the draft. That's why I'd have no problem trading a 2nd. And IF the Bills DID trade a 2nd for him, knowing that they'd need to sign him to a long-term big-money contract, they'll likely scrap the "cash to cap" policy to some degree.

Yep, I also think he'd be a mid-1st round pick if he came out in the draft. That's why I'd have no problem trading a 2nd. And IF the Bills DID trade a 2nd for him, knowing that they'd need to sign him to a long-term big-money contract, they'll likely scrap the "cash to cap" policy to some degree.

He would probably sign halfway between the Gore deal and the Thomas Jones deal. It wouldn't need to be huge money. Not more than they paid Langston Walker.

I don't know how accurate this is on Marv's thinking on the draft picks. If I remember correctly it was Polian hammering Marv on trading all those draft picks for Cornelius Bennett. According to Marv, he finally relented at about 3:00 in the morning to do the trade. He did admit that it was the right move and that he was glad that they did it.