Opinion Question

Would you rather the Bills trade down in the first round?

I think I would rather have the Bills trade down or even out of the first round. If they could pick more second or third round picks I think it would benefit them immensely. Add more depth. We are not in need of one player to make us better. We have a bunch of small holes that could be filled by guys already on the team, we just don't know how good they will be. That is why I think we should trade down.

What do you think?

I think I would rather have the Bills trade down or even out of the first round. If they could pick more second or third round picks I think it would benefit them immensely. Add more depth. We are not in need of one player to make us better. We have a bunch of small holes that could be filled by guys already on the team, we just don't know how good they will be. That is why I think we should trade down.

What do you think?

The problem is finding a good trade is easier said then done. I mean look at last year's draft as a prime example. yes the Denver Broncos traded a pick 15 and pick 68 for pick 11 (Jay Culter) yet conversly again from the very same draft the Browns owned the 12th pick ( again one pick after Cutler was selected) and traded down with the Baltimore Ravens for the 13th pick in the draft. What did they gain from it? The 181st pick in the draft, ie a 6th Round pick.

What do you think?

Heck no. Be aggressive and go for players that can be star material. Bills have enough warm bodies on their team. Can't fill the entire roster with underdogs. Need some difference makers.

Heck no. Be aggressive and go for players that can be star material. Bills have enough warm bodies on their team. Can't fill the entire roster with underdogs. Need some difference makers.

Chalk one up for the good guys

possible trades - according to draft pick trade value- if other teams willing- the team trading up usually pays a little more

trade up to 4 Bills would give picks 12, 43, 92- this trade 12 points tampa's favor

to trade up to 2 Bills would give picks 12,43,74,92,107 and next years 1st - WOW

trade down 12 to 20 with giants and get second round pick 51- this trade is 40 points in our favor

trade down 12 to 31 with CHi and get high 2nd 37and a 3rd 94- 64 in our favor

trade down 12 for Atlanta's 39, 44, 75, 170- about 14 poins in our favor

If Amobi Okoye is gone at #12, drop down, pick up Posluszny and grab another pick or two. Minimum should be a second rounder if not another 4th or 5th for dropping down.

I don't see Buffalo trading up, they're trying to acquire as many picks as possible. #12 is kinda in no-man's land, but certainly carries the potential of getting a solid player. Extra picks equal a less chance of missing on the second or third players. For this team to succeed, they need to have as many chances to get hits and replace the players they can't afford to re-sign.

If Amobi Okoye is gone at #12, drop down, pick up Posluszny and grab another pick or two. Minimum should be a second rounder if not another 4th or 5th for dropping down.

I don't see Buffalo trading up, they're trying to acquire as many picks as possible. #12 is kinda in no-man's land, but certainly carries the potential of getting a solid player. Extra picks equal a less chance of missing on the second or third players. For this team to succeed, they need to have as many chances to get hits and replace the players they can't afford to re-sign.

Knowing (what little) I know, I'd do the same. I REALLY like Lynch, but my gut is to NOT pick a RB in the 1st round. I think trading to move to a second 1st round pick is a real option, though.

Unless the rb the bills are taking in the 1st is named Adrian Peterson I'll pass on drafting a rb. However I will make gb think we're drafting lynch trade down to 16 and take miami lb jon beason and pick up an extra 3rd rd pick in the process I dont know the draft value chart. Then I'd take tank tyler in the 2nd, and in the 3rd take a flyer on Michael Bush and best available corner.

Knowing (what little) I know, I'd do the same. I REALLY like Lynch, but my gut is to NOT pick a RB in the 1st round. I think trading to move to a second 1st round pick is a real option, though.

For all we know, John McCargo will be the man this season at DT. We don't know. The reason guys go in the first is because they've got more upside and better physical skills. We had 2 firsts in 06, two in 04 under TD and I wouldn't rule it out. I like having an extra 3rd to play with. Looking down the 06 DT draft class, there wasn't much after Ngata and the underachieving Bunkley.

I like Okoye because he's got tremendous talent and physical skills. And I think he's going to get better. Combine that with great character and he's my wish for Buffalo. If you trade down in the first, you should get another second, but of course whomever you trade with may not have that high 2nd pick you'd typically like. Even so, having 2 seconds is a nice addition to having a low first rounder.

For all we know, John McCargo will be the man this season at DT. We don't know. The reason guys go in the first is because they've got more upside and better physical skills. We had 2 firsts in 06, two in 04 under TD and I wouldn't rule it out. I like having an extra 3rd to play with. Looking down the 06 DT draft class, there wasn't much after Ngata and the underachieving Bunkley.

I like Okoye because he's got tremendous talent and physical skills. And I think he's going to get better. Combine that with great character and he's my wish for Buffalo. If you trade down in the first, you should get another second, but of course whomever you trade with may not have that high 2nd pick you'd typically like. Even so, having 2 seconds is a nice addition to having a low first rounder.

I think we're on the same page here, Vet. I gotta tell ya, I think the Bills are in a great position to make a big splash in this draft, and could do so in many different scenarios. I will trust Marv and Co. to make the right decisions. I just can't wait til it happens.

I don't think McCargo is even able to run yet in his recovery. The fact that the Bills haven't brought in any free agents at the DT or LB position when Marv stated we needed to improve there tells me they are targeting those 2 positions at the top of the draft. If Peterson is there at 12, the Bills would have to take him, but I think they have Chris Brown lined up knowing Peterson dropping to 12 is a long shot. Okoye and Willis seem like Marv players but both could be gone. Branch does not seem like a Marv player, but how do you pass up a guy like Branch when there is such a big need for that type of player.

What do you think?

If our plan is to draft a cornerback with the 1st pick, I think we should trade down and pick up Ross or Revis. If we want to take LB, and Willis is gone, trade down. If we want to take a RB I think we should trade up and get Peterson. If we want DT, we should stay where we are because I think Branch OR Okoye will be there for us. Personally, I like Okoyes upside and attitude, but I think that Branch is more of what we need. someone to take up space and hold off 2 lineman. But because our scheme calls for speed, Okoye will probably be the pick if hes there.

Im all for trading down in the draft, but trading out of the first round is not wise. Id be all for trading our 12th pick, for another 2nd or 3rd is not a bad idea. Not sure why you want to trade out of the first round? Id rather have a later first rounder and another 2nd rounder, then to trade completely out of the first round.....seems odd to do that.

But lets say if Buffalo did do that, what would they be able to get in return? A 2nd and another 3rd?

To me trading down in the draft near the 20's is an option that could land us another 2nd, and if that was the case, we would have 5 picks in the top 100......to me thats the best option for the Bills at this point.

I just cant see them trading out of the first round.....makes no sense to me.