Bills items in this week's TMQ

nodnarb

On Sunday, the 0-4 Buffalo Bills meet the 0-5 Miami Dolphins -- not even the football gods will watch. Note No. 1: Dallas fans continue to gnash their teeth that Bill Parcells traded his 2004 No. 1 choice, and the chance to land promising tailback Stephen Jackson, to bank Buffalo's 2005 No. 1. As TMQ noted in his NFC preview, "Parcells gambled Buffalo will have an awful year, and the 2005 Bills' No. 1 will come near the top of the draft." That gamble is looking awfully good. Stretching back to last season, Buffalo has lost six straight, worst in the league. Note No. 2: Until Miami play improves, TMQ will call them the Ventral Fins.

Last week, TMQ roasted the Bills offensive line for the play that cost Buffalo its game against New England -- trailing by seven with three minutes remaining, Bills facing fourth-and-3 on the Patriots' 19, the Buffalo line allowed two Flying Elvii to come through untouched to sack Drew Bledsoe. TMQ was hard on Bills guard Chris Villarrial, who "inexplicably pulled right as if to lead a non-existent sweep," rather than block the man in front of him, who came through untouched. Neil Herman of Buffalo points out that the day after the column, the Buffalo News published an entire article about that one single play, and the article vindicates Villarrial, who was supposed to pull to nowhere to influence New England into thinking the play was a sweep right. Bills tailback Travis Henry was supposed to block in the hole Villarrial vacated, but Henry botched his assignment and trotted into the left flat, blocking no one. Right tackle Mike Williams was supposed to block in the hole Villarrial vacated, but botched his assignment and double-teamed someone else. Meanwhile, left tackle Marcus Price did an "olé," stepping aside as his man went by the way a matador steps aside from the bull. TMQ has watched the replay in mounting disbelief, and considers this a nominee for Single-Most Fouled-Up Play in NFL history. With seven back to block five, two come through never touched; you are not going to win many games with a line so inept that with seven blocking five, two are never touched.

Buffalo newspapers note. There's the West Coast Offense, the Run-and-Shoot Offense; Mark Gaughan of the selfsame Buffalo News christened the Bills' cover-your-eyes attack the Root Canal Offense.

Oh: By the way guys: The Bills have lost their last 6 games. With the talent we have, how can this happen? I know what the answer is....

it was AFTER A TIMEOUT.

67184[/snapback]

That's an excellent point - it would have been nice if they were going to try a misdirection play that would decide the outcome of the whole game if someone made sure everybody was on the same page and knew their friggin assignment.

Didn't Wyche used to have the whole offense huddle w/ him on the sidelines on occassion for TO's - or was it someone else? Is that still legal?

Further proving the point that this team is comprised of a bunch of dumb maroons.

Travis "I cant catch, block or stop tripping and fumbling" Henry is leading the charge with these clowns. Its time for this guy to go. He is as fundamentally bad as you can get.

Villarrial, who was supposed to pull to nowhere to influence New England into thinking the play was a sweep right. Bills tailback Travis Henry was supposed to block in the hole Villarrial vacated, but Henry botched his assignment and trotted into the left flat, blocking no one. Right tackle Mike Williams was supposed to block in the hole Villarrial vacated, but botched his assignment and double-teamed someone else. Meanwhile, left tackle Marcus Price did an "olé," stepping aside as his man went by the way a matador steps aside from the bull. TMQ has watched the replay in mounting disbelief, and considers this a nominee for Single-Most Fouled-Up Play in NFL history. With seven back to block five, two come through never touched; you are not going to win many games with a line so inept that with seven blocking five, two are never touched.

67120[/snapback]

:lol:

In Marcus Price's defense, he looks a whole lot better at RT than at LT...

still don't know why he lost his job there this pre-season due to injury. <_<

:lol:

In Marcus Price's defense, he looks a whole lot better at RT than at LT...

still don't know why he lost his job there this pre-season due to injury. <_<

67226[/snapback]

Umm, probably because the guy playing in there now is better than him. :lol:

BTW, You're looking good on our bet Rico :lol: , even if it's more because of record than Play on the field....

Had Henry not stumbled on nothing and just gone through the huge hole on the right we wouldn't be talking about that awful play. Every time I think they come up with a way to self destruct they come up with another. I was actually thinking in the Jets game the hail mary would be in a Bills' receiver's hands...and he'd drop it in the endzone.

I'm not going to absolve the players for their accountability on this play, but I gotta wonder how in the hell you come up with this play at that critical juncture of the game, and after a timeout? I mean shouldn't you call something a little less risky/complex and that they are more comfortable with and have more practice in running? Try this crap any other time in the game if you want if you think it's a good asjustment, but with the game on the line go to your bread and butter!

Umm, probably because the guy playing in there now is better than him.   <_<

67318[/snapback]

I don't believe that,

though I may be just a l-i-t-t-l-e bit biased against the turd. :lol:

BTW, You're looking good on our bet Rico  :lol: , even if it's more because of record than Play on the field....

67318[/snapback]

We shall see, still a lot more football to be played this year...

though I'm definitely ready for some excitement again with JP.