What the talking heads at ESPN don't get

Erik

Long time lurker, 1st time poster here. Perusing through Chris Brown's article on Kiwaukee's re-signing, I found this quote on the bottom.

"This is probably one of the best teams I've been around," Thomas said. "The players, the coaches… everybody keeps working and that's good. Just the camaraderie and what we started building leaves an imprint on your heart. This is home for me. I love these guys."

I think that quote speaks volumes about the culture that the Bills are trying to build here. That kind of attitude breeds winning. Now I don't think we're going to go out and win the Super Bowl or anything. But honestly, when was the last time you saw a quote like that from a Bill?

Long time lurker, 1st time poster here. Perusing through Chris Brown's article on Kiwaukee's re-signing, I found this quote on the bottom.

"This is probably one of the best teams I've been around," Thomas said. "The players, the coaches… everybody keeps working and that's good. Just the camaraderie and what we started building leaves an imprint on your heart. This is home for me. I love these guys."

I think that quote speaks volumes about the culture that the Bills are trying to build here. That kind of attitude breeds winning. Now I don't think we're going to go out and win the Super Bowl or anything. But honestly, when was the last time you saw a quote like that from a Bill?

You beat me too it, I too picked up on that

Shhhhh...do not spoil the fun of punks like Trey Wingo and pencil necks like John Clayton who practice lazy journalism and label the Bills with funny lines etc.

There is something to be said for chemistry. Hopefully others are "feeling the love" as well.

Welcome to the board. :thumbdown:

I hear ya, but you're beating your head against a brick wall in here (like this: :thumbdown: ).

The "realists" on the board (that's what the negative ninnies call themselves) will argue that the Bills will merely be a bunch of feel-good pansies who sing kum-bah-yah in the locker room but can't block and tackle.

Nice try, though. I admire the effort from a first-time poster. Welcome.

normally, id play this off as player-speak from a recently signed guy.

but this has been reported from soooo many players at different times on different levels.

one example: Peerless Price

the talk from Price last season about how this was the first place he had been where all the guys are excited to come to work in the morning, and the talk about Price taking Parrish under his wing...

i mean, if Peerless Price is now a devoted team player, then they must be doing SOMETHING right at OBD. even if it's becasue we were the only team that wanted to actually pay him. thats fine, because he's happy, and his good attitude is what will be picked up on by guys like Parrish.

after seeing what Price has gone thru, you have to imagine he has some words of wisdom for Roscoe as far as staying with a team and being a team player...

Great post, couldn't agree more :thumbdown:

Finally a newbie with some logic......

Welcome to the Jungle....now get me a coffee rookie!

First off, welcome to TBD!

Second, I think the TEAM atmosphere will be the reason the Bills Succeed in the future. Nobody wins the SB without playing with a team first attitude. I like to point out John Elway and Dan Marino as my two examples of what to do to win the SB, and what to do to NOT win the SB. Elway learned that its not all about his stats, and he had to do whats best for the team, and Marino didn't.

Well..i dont mean to piss in your cheerios..BUT...what else did you expect the guy to say???? :censored: He JUST signed the Biggest contract of his life! Ofcourse hes going to have alot of posotive things to say! :thumbdown:

but but i thought Willis said there was no winning attitude.......... wait...... did willis lie?

He didn't lie per say...that is how the Bills are really like in his fantasy land, where he is the best RB in the league.

Maybe TBD could take a lesson from the Bills....I love you all my sisters and brothers (yes, even DeLuca)...it is a pleasure to come to post everyday.

Or we could take another lesson from the Bills and trade DeLuca to the ravens for a couple second day picks and a journalist to be named later?